How does it feel as a young Christian...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

KryeVenkor

Now at your young age, what can you share about being a Christian at a young age? Are there many test and trials? Some people who can't get along with you? disadvantages about it? I want to hear yours, please share it here.

X

xJoe

i had to drop most of my friends being saved from a bad atmosphere. I have to avoid all the things my cultures indulges in.
But I have a great relationship with Christ. I fell fulfilled and I am going to heaven when I die.
I think ill take my christanity any day. I feel better about myself also and I don't seek after pointless things anymore.

K

KryeVenkor

That's actually great. You must have a very firm relationship with our Lord Jesus and sure that you always wishes for his guidance. It's really hard that sinful desires always came to pile up inside you but thinking about what the Lord has done may keep you from stepping off the right way. Well, about going to heaven, maybe someday I get to see people like you there.

X

xJoe

as a Christian though we can know for sure if we do go to heaven. it's not by works either so it's a great confidence.

D

DanuckInUSA

I was a drug dealer and a gang member when I became a Christian. It turns out I needed to change my lifestyle...go figure

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Trails are there. But i always take everything to God in prayer. Each day has challenges, and i try to live it as if it was my last always thanking God and just talking to friends.
Problems look big when you take your eyes off God and i do not wanna do that.

T

TheJesusFreak

Umm Confusing and Hard Lol
I veiw myself as like the most Chrisitian person in my school and I have to sit and think to myself "DO NOT BE LIKE THE PHARISEES!"
I know God judges us next to himself and not compared to others. That is what gives me motivation to keep bettering myself for him.
Like most people like Glee and I have the courage to say I dont like it and why I dont like it.
Because it is very inapporpriate.

A

Amjet10

I find it to be incredibly lonely. I have only 2 friends who I know are Christian/chaste/straight edge like me. The World has a way of isolating christian teens by taking away all the people you grew up with and turning them into sources of temptation. That's what I find anyway. It's hard. But of course I wouldn't give it up for anything.

P

Peter321

I find it to be incredibly lonely. I have only 2 friends who I know are Christian/chaste/straight edge like me. The World has a way of isolating christian teens by taking away all the people you grew up with and turning them into sources of temptation. That's what I find anyway. It's hard. But of course I wouldn't give it up for anything.
I agree totally.
Would love to have some people my age who share the same faith.
Good to share thoughts with people here on cc though =D

T

TheJesusFreak

Umm Confusing and Hard Lol
I veiw myself as like the most Chrisitian person in my school and I have to sit and think to myself "DO NOT BE LIKE THE PHARISEES!"
I know God judges us next to himself and not compared to others. That is what gives me motivation to keep bettering myself for him.
Like most people like Glee and I have the courage to say I dont like it and why I dont like it.
Because it is very inapporpriate.
Yeah I dont have any true freinds it feels like. I just have to make do with what I have.
There are tons of people in my town that SAY they are christian but dont live up to it.
Like this one girl talks about making love (though she doesnt say it that way), cusses, and is mean like all of the time. Yet she thinks because she goes to youth group (I shouldnt judge but most from that youth group are bad.) that she is a chrisitan.

I wish I went to like a Christian school but that would prbly just be worse sence more people there will be fakerz too lol

But I shouldnt judge. I need to remember not to be like the pharisees.

P

Peter321

Yeah I dont have any true freinds it feels like. I just have to make do with what I have.
There are tons of people in my town that SAY they are christian but dont live up to it.
Like this one girl talks about making love (though she doesnt say it that way), cusses, and is mean like all of the time. Yet she thinks because she goes to youth group (I shouldnt judge but most from that youth group are bad.) that she is a chrisitan.

I wish I went to like a Christian school but that would prbly just be worse sence more people there will be fakerz too lol

But I shouldnt judge. I need to remember not to be like the pharisees.
Yea it's hard not to judge but i can see where you're coming from.

S

STRUGGLING

well you remind me or rather the Lord through you that even as a lost sheep as a teen was stil a sheep and isolated you really aARE an encouragement to anyone not perishing and its might prayer that that from here , encourages you!:)

K

KnightdeKhristos

It's extremely difficult. One must kill their flesh daily and follow a standard that everyone seems to mock. The world says "Do this" and it lines up to what your flesh says, but the Holy Spirit tells you otherwise. When you refuse to act like the world and look like the world, you become ostracized by the world. Sometimes I even wonder if it is all worth it, but I have faith that it is in the end.

S

SantoSubito

I'd hate to say this but my biggest struggles besides trying to avoid the sins of the flesh and lustful thought are fellow Christians. Baptists, in particular are very predominant here and tried to make "converts" of us regularly. I remember walking into the Bible study led by one of the teachers before school where she immediately said "Today we are going to discuss the doctrine of faith alone" I raised my hand and asked "We are going to be allowed to question and debate things in here, right?" She said "I do not allow debates about fundamental Christian doctrine in here". At that moment me and the 5 other Catholics and the one Eastern Orthodox student in the room just stood up and walked out since we were not going to sit in a Bible study where we just had to be preached to, and we weren't allowed to question the Protestant position.

Z

zackabba

I became a Christian around last fall (2010). No, I didn't get baptised by water, which I probably should have, Instead, I was baptised by the Holy Spirit, asking Him to come into me every day and show the Love of Christ through me everyday.

I lost some friends when I became a Christian, more than some I guess.

But Jesus is my friend. And He's all I need :)

Thankfully there are some Christians (true ones, God-conscious) at my highschool. I've fought off many tempations with the help of God, and I'm not planning to fall back into them.

There is no loneliness in God :)

E

erincatherine

What I find difficult about being a young Christian is my very liberal perspective on life. I am a vegan, I have a gay family member, things like that. There are many, many people who say that supporting gay people and other liberal ideals is un-Christian and sinful act. But I truly feel that all of my beliefs can coexist peacefully. After all, it's God's judgement that matters, not other people's.

Last edited:
S

Samme712

There is no disadvantages because we as Christians know that God will be there for us always, even in the bad times and he our father is who we rely on when things are tough and it seems that the world is about to crack in half and no one is listening to us. in conclusion, no disadvantages :)

Z

zackabba

What I find difficult about being a young Christian is my very liberal perspective on life. I am a vegan, I have a gay family member, things like that. There are many, many people who say that supporting gay people and other liberal ideals is un-Christian and sinful act. But I truly feel that all of my beliefs can coexist peacefully. After all, it's God's judgement that matters, not other people's.
Right, it's His judgement that matters, but we CAN know what He desires and doesn't desires by looking into the Word He gave to us and the truths that are in it?

And if you find being a liberal is uncomfortable, why don't you be a conservative? :)

W

waterboy6515

I personally don't find it too difficult. Many of the difficulties i'm going through now are things everybody goes through. Things like homework and stress at school. I find being a Christian has made school easier and less stressful. I do hear and see a lot of things at school that I shouldn't hear or see sadly. I don't have too many friends there either, but i'm happy.

T

TheJesusFreak

I want to like pull my hair out because it is HARD to live in a gross discusting sinful world like this especially in school. Like at school dances the dirty moves people do discuts me and people tell me "Oh you will have drank before you're a senior" when i say I wont. UGGGGGGGGGG!