How far should Christians go to avoid sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

selenah

They hole reason the bible exist is to teach you gods ways!! SO YES ITS ALL ABOUT OBEYING GODS LAW!! To deny this is to deny god becauseg god is his law. God is love, ask yourself what is love! Love is obeying gods law!!!!!! Please study this, most churches will deny this. Wide is the gate and narrow is the way! Love your neibor in all ways. Dont sin and you will find god. This isnt easy but i promise its best to carry your cross.

.......hmmmm......interesting

S

selenah

Set your minds on the things of the spirit, and you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Paul said religious thinking, and trying to stop sin of your own power is fruitless. Only God can remove sin and restore us to him, We do this by setting our hearts and minds on the things above, this is the only way. (collosians 2 and 3)
Good point

P

pitts288

Satin is sin...GOD IS LIFE...WHAT IS LIFE IF SATIN IS SIN?

Anwser this question and than ask yourself how does a person accept god(life) and deny satin(sin)???

You just said good point to something that denies the words of life... you can see what im talking about if you anwser my question truthfully. Pray for understanding please!!!

May 30, 2012
Are people supposed to focuse on obeying God's commandments in every way possible and analyze everything they do to avoid sinning, or are they supposed to try to live a good life and not worry that much about whether what they are doing is right or wrong?
I would say they should focus on faith in Christ, and look to him and rely on the Holy Spirit in them for their sanctification, then they wouldn't need to concentrate on commandemnts or laws, and I would say that scripturally that way they will far better uphold the good and Holy laws of God He would have them keep

For the letter kills but the Spirit gives life

S

selenah

Anwser this question and than ask yourself how does a person accept god(life) and deny satin(sin)???

You just said good point to something that denies the words of life... you can see what im talking about if you anwser my question truthfully. Pray for understanding please!!!

I don't see how he denies the Bible. I'm not sure if I really understand what you're saying.

Last edited:
E

eternally-gratefull

denies the words of life?

Dude do you even read scripture??

Col 3: 1-4
3 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ,(A) set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.(B) 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.(C) 3 For you died,(D) and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your[a] life,(E) appears,(F) then you also will appear with him in glory.

Galatians 5:16
[ Walking in the Spirit ] I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

I think before you start condemning someone as coming from satan, you should first study scripture, especially when he told you where to find the verses in question!

E

eternally-gratefull

I would say they should focus on faith in Christ, and look to him and rely on the Holy Spirit in them for their sanctification, then they wouldn't need to concentrate on commandemnts or laws, and I would say that scripturally that way they will far better uphold the good and Holy laws of God He would have them keep

For the letter kills but the Spirit gives life
Amen, this is what Scripture tells us to do.

E

eternally-gratefull

I don't see how he denies the Bible. I'm not sure if I really understand what you're saying.

he thinks I am from satan I guess. because he has not studied and tested what I said.

O

oracle2world

That is up to you. You set the bar for yourself.

P

pitts288

Ecclesastes12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the hole matter: fear god, and keep his commandments for this is the whole duty of man!!!

1john2:3,4 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, i know him and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

2john1:6
1john3:7-10
1john2:3-6
1john3:18
1john1:6
1john5:3
John14:15
John10:37
John14:21
John15:14
John15:10

GOD IS LOVE... WHAT IS LOVE?

Here are a few scriptures, i can give alot more if you keep talking so sinfully against me!
We are supposed to love one another, not talk poorly about one another. I said what i said about you because i can see that you are very confused...please dont take offence to it!!!
Satin is sin...god is not...salvation comes when a person denies satin(sin) but only because jesus died for us.

J

jkalyna

We should go all the way to know all of God's word with understanding . :) Run from sin likes its a plague .
I AGREE. THIS IS A SHORT TESTIMONEY OF THE WEB OF SIN AND DARKNESS. IT ENTANGLES YOU, AND TRIES TO ROB YOU OF THE LIGHT OF GODS LOVE. I HAD A FRIEND ONCE, WHO WAS NOT ROOTED IN THE LORD, WAS NOT GROWING SPIRITUALLY. ALTHOUGH GOING TO CHURCH A FEW TIMES DOSN'T HAVE MUCH TO DO WITH YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS. HOWEVER, THERE WAS NOT A PERSONAL COMMITMENT TO HIM , BUT A LIFE OF EVERYTHING AGAINST THE WORD OF GOD. ALTHOUGH I DID GOOD TO HER , THE DARKNESS INSIDE HER, THE EVIL, ATTACKED ME VERY STRONGLY WITH VERBAL ASSAULTS AGAINST ME, SO THAT I WOULD BOW DOWN TO HER. THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS ROAD TO GO ON. WHEN THE LORD SAYS, AVOID ALL APPEARANCES OF EVIL, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT MUST BE DONE.

Dec 19, 2009
Are people supposed to focuse on obeying God's commandments in every way possible and analyze everything they do to avoid sinning, or are they supposed to try to live a good life and not worry that much about whether what they are doing is right or wrong?
Resisting temptation takes effort.

X

xFuSioN

once you love jesus and god you wont have to worry about sinning

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
They hole reason the bible exist is to teach you gods ways!! SO YES ITS ALL ABOUT OBEYING GODS LAW!! To deny this is to deny god becauseg god is his law. God is love, ask yourself what is love! Love is obeying gods law!!!!!! Please study this, most churches will deny this. Wide is the gate and narrow is the way! Love your neibor in all ways. Dont sin and you will find god. This isnt easy but i promise its best to carry your cross.
How can it be about obeying Gods Law, when it is plainly written we Christians are no longer under the law. You do error in thinking we are yet under the law. you say Love is obeying Gods Law, where is that written? God is Love that is True, and we express love when we express love for one another, not when we obey the law. The law was given to the Israelites to follow and obey, they were Saved by obedience to the laws, they were not saved by Grace, and Faith as we are Saved. We are Saved by Grace and Faith, NOT by the laws. Please read the article Do we Obey the Old Testament Laws to see all the Scriptures which plainly give proof that we do not have too. We only need to Love One Another, Do what Jesus tells us to do, and do what His Apostles tells us to do. Jesus nor any Apostle, not once told us Christians to continue to keep the laws of the Old Testament. Read it to see all the Scriptural proofs of this.

^i^