How long 'til the end?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Skgrim

Carefully read: “And when He was alone, they that were about Him with the twelve asked of Him the parable. And He said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them” (Mark 4:10-12).

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013

The key is Israel; "Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled" (Matthew 24:32-34). Israel is the young fig branch, and we are the generation that witnessed its reformation. A seventy year generation is May 1948 to May 2018. Thus May 14,2018 marks the beginning of the days of tribulation (anti-Christ). Those 3 years shortened to 5 months; "And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months" (Revelation 9:10), Five months and 14 days to be exact, taking us to Sept 29, 2018, which happens to be Christ birthday and his return. Whereby, 9-29-2018 minus 4-16-2015 equals 3 years, 5 months, 2 weeks, one day, and roughly 11 hours. Sorry I can't be more precise.

Also consider a 40 year generation, which might mean Jesus was referring to the 6 day war when Israel took back Jerusalem on May 15,1967? That would move my whole scenario up one year, less one day (Israel's Independence Day May 15). We do know that Israel is encompassed with armies, and all of today's news demonstrate that the locust are swarming. So on Sept 29, 2018, or possibly the end of Sept 2017, take my advise, pull down your pants and slide on the ice, because my wild guess is somewhat speculative to say the least.

*Disclaimer; Odds are that 99.999% of all predictions herein are wrong. The person making said predictions does not possess the mental capacity to remember the date of his own birthday

S

Skgrim

Revelation 13:17-18: “And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the NUMBER of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the NUMBER of the beast: for it is the NUMBER of a man; and his NUMBER is six hundred threescore and six.” Now Revelation 15:2: “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the NUMBER of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.”

S

Skgrim

Here's something to think about
In the second century A.D., it was recognized that Romulus’ name was originally spelled Lateinos, meaning “the name of Latium” or “Latin man.” The Romans took their language and origin from this region.
Like the value of Roman numerals, the Greeks assigned values to letters. In the Greek, L counts for 30, A is 1, T is 300, E is 5, I is 10, N is 50, O is 70, S is 200—totaling precisely 666! It is not then strange, or incorrect, to conclude that every citizen, king and the kingdom itself, adds up to or “counts” to 666.

S

Skgrim

God says people will refuse to listen to the truth..... Quote: “Jesus Christ proclaimed the Kingdom, or government of God—divine government by will of God and by God’s law—not paganized human government by will of man and man-made laws. His Church includes all Spirit-begotten saints who have and are led by the Holy Spirit. Christ is its only Head, and His Kingdom is not of this world!“Where, then, did human church government derive its present form? ‘The first pope, in the real sense of the word, was Leo I (440-461 A.D.),’ says the Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature, volume 7, page 629. To him the form of government of the Roman Empire was the most marvelous thing on earth. He applied its principles to the church, organized the church into a government, forming the papacy.
“This church government or organization is the image of the beast.
“Says Myers’ Ancient History: ‘During the reign of Leo I, the Church set up, within the Roman Empire, an ecclesiastical state [government] which, in its constitution and its administrative system, was shaping itself upon the imperial model.’ This church government, then, according to this historical authority, is in fact a model, a counterpart, an image of the beast which is the Roman Empire government.
“The Britannica calls it an ecclesiastical world empire!
“This image—man-designed and man-ruled church government—compelled people to worship the church! And since the church was organized into a worldly government, this was worship of the image—false worship—idolatry!
“But this church became a mother, and daughter churches came out of her in ‘protest,’ calling themselves ‘Protestant.’ And all have worldly, political church government ‘Upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS’ (Rev. 17:5). Her daughters are called ‘harlots.’ Together, they are called ‘BABYLON.’ They are pagan, teaching pagan doctrines and customs, cloaked in the name of Christianity! And all nations are deceived!
“Yes, human-organized churchianity, not Bible-designed spiritual-organism government, is the image of the beast. It is the pagan political counterfeit of God’s government.
“‘Come out of her,’ God says (Rev. 18:4). God help us to heed!”
Revelation 14 pictures three angels bearing three messages (vs. 6-11). These messages announce the fall of Babylon through the seven last plagues and warn against receiving the “mark of the beast.” Many prophecies show that most—all who belong to the great false church-state system—will ignore the warning, and will be deceived into receiving it!

The prophecies that describe the mark are stark—and horrible! Sadly, most all preachers focus on just one passage to the exclusion of the many others on the subject. Let’s read it: “And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK, or the name of the beast, or the NUMBER of his name” (Rev. 13:16-17).
This is a critical statement, for it speaks of some kind of a universal mark backed by authority in a way that controls people’s ability to conduct normal matters of commerce (“buying and selling”). Those who do not have the mark are isolated from the most routine matters of purchasing food, goods and services.
Being able to buy and sell goods is certainly essential—something that everyone needs to be able to do. But understand. This is not speaking of whether stores and retail establishments will be willing to sell goods to people without the mark, but rather whether people can earn a living—meaning a wage and a salary—in order to have income, if they do not have it. The implication of the Greek is that one will not be able to buy or sell—will not have money in hand to do so—because he is unemployed!
So then, the “mark of the beast” involves ability to obtain and hold a job in order to make a living.
Obviously then, millions will have it—and it will have to be considered desirable and attractive, or else the masses would not seek or accept it.
But the mark will be a trap to those who are charmed by the surface of its attraction. For here is what will happen to all those who receive it: “And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the WRATH OF GOD…And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues [vials], clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles…And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials [plagues] of the WRATH OF GOD upon the earth. And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the MARK of the beast, and upon them who worshipped his IMAGE” (Rev. 15:1, 6; 16:1-2).
So when you start getting all those sores on you you will no your not one of Gods children but then it will be a little to late.

E

eternally-gratefull

Lots of good scriptural confirmation of that imaginary 7 year tribulation period there. NOT! LOL

And please don't go on and on, I can't stand the doctrines and theories of men especially when they are not in line with the written word of God.
Thats fine, I will not go on, People who refuse to listen to the word of God, and make God out to be a liar, like yourself are not worth the time.

E

eternally-gratefull

The test of a prophet and prophesy

Deuteronomy 18:22
when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.

all this symbolizing prophesy to make scripture fit our beliefs, and making a prophet speak words which do not come to pass (literally) are making prophets prophesy things which are not true, and not of God. which means we would have to throw out half the OT

Jan 7, 2015
Thats fine, I will not go on, People who refuse to listen to the word of God, and make God out to be a liar, like yourself are not worth the time.
I listen to the words of God every day, but I do not listen to the doctrine of carnally minded men. And you accusing me of making God out to be a liar is a lie itself.

W

WinningSide

I think we're at the end that's just me though

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
We should never assign a date but as a true watcher, not led astray by traditions of men, we are very likely entering the latter days. All the signs are present. The evil forces that were identified as the ones which would overcome the saints (Sodom and Egypt) are in full force. The Beast of the Sea has arisen. This is perhaps the biggest sign next to Israel becoming a nation again. Based on what I am seeing we have at least 2.5 years before Christ returns but more likely longer but not decades longer, years longer.

Jesus4ever

May 18, 2015
If you believe like I do that the earth is almost 6,000 years old, it can't be to long because we have to rest in the millennium of peace.

The Jewish calendar says 5775 but they missed +- 200 years in the confusion when changing from their calendar too the Gregorian calendar.
6000 years?

I though the Earth has about 4500 billion years old. Am I wrong?:confused:

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
This is one of those big debate issues. Some say thousands, some say billions. Personally I tend to think it's more than 6,000 years old, based on the fact that we don't know how long Adam lived until he fell. Genesis does list Adam's age as 930 years, but I don't think that tells the whole story as "years" (time) didn't really exist until after the fall and man's exile from the eternal garden. I would say Adam lived 930 years after the fall, but this is one area I openly admit I could be wrong on.

C

CRC

(Matthew 24:9-14) 9 “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 Many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold. 13 But the one who has endured to the end will be saved. 14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
6000 years?

I though the Earth has about 4500 billion years old. Am I wrong?:confused:
Evolutionists may agree with you, but most conservative Christians hold under 10,000 years.

O

oldthennew

you know, how can we not help but to love our brothers and sisters?
oh, those bits and pieces of themselves that they share with us, even when
they don't have a clue how we understand them or interpret them, and then their precious words just have some kind of power to blow us away! and make us love them even more, for some odd reason.
my husband and, I, after all of these well-worn years

still amazes me at his reaction to my
very own way of not only feeling them in their heart-felt responses, but

O

oldthennew

<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>you know, how can we not help but to love our brothers and sisters?<br>oh, those bits and pieces of themselves that they share with us, even when<br>they don't have a clue&nbsp;how we understand them&nbsp;or interpret them, and then their precious words just have some kind of power to blow us away!&nbsp; and make us love them even more, for some odd reason.<br>my husband&nbsp; and,&nbsp;I,&nbsp;after&nbsp;all of these well-worn years<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br> still amazes me at his reaction to my<br>very own way of not only feeling them in their heart-felt responses, but

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Some prominent RC Priest calculated the time from Adam to Christ at about 4,003 years. The time from Abraham to Christ at about 2,000 years. The time from Christ's death to now stands at 1982 years. If Christ is to reign for 1,000 years that would take us to roughly 7,000 years of mankind on earth. The number 7 is the number of divine perfection. The earth was created in 6 days then on the 7th He rested, etc. Based on this I'd say we have less than 20 years left.

But if we look at where we are on the prophetic calendar, we seem very close to an Arab dominated Middle East with Russia in close alliance with Iran. We have ISIS who appears unstoppable, not because she is, but because nobody wants to take her on with any force to stop her. We have the Valley of Dry Bones of Ezek 37 having already come true with Israel being the super power of the region. We can see the Battle of Gog and Magog of Ezek 38-39 having most of the pieces in place to happen. We see the Beast of Rev 13 forming right before our very eyes. We have nuclear weapons soon to be in the hands of extreme Islamic militant groups and/or states. We see secular fighting between Sunni and Shia with battle lines being drawn between north and south.

We have 1/3 of the world Christian and 1/4 Muslim which is also prophetic if you understand the prophetic symbols at play in the trumpets. We have Babylon, the Mother of all Harlots entirely fulfilled by Islam with the "kings of the earth" growing rich dealing with the oil barons of the Islamic world. We have an entire religion worshiping at the Kaaba Stone (an image fallen from the sky) that ties perfectly with Diana of Ephesus and we have the manner of worship identical to the original Babylonians under Nebuchadnezzar. We have Islam sworn to wipe out the Jews (and Christians). The table is fully set my friends with literally not much needed for the Great Trib to start other than the Appearance of the Man of Sin which I am expecting in about 2.5 years from now.

O

oldthennew

<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>you know, how can we not help but to love our brothers and sisters?<br>oh, those bits and pieces of themselves that they share with us, even when<br>they don't have a clue&nbsp;how we understand them&nbsp;or interpret them, and then their precious words just have some kind of power to blow us away!&nbsp; and make us love them even more, for some odd reason.<br>my husband&nbsp; and,&nbsp;I,&nbsp;after&nbsp;all of these well-worn years<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br> still amazes me at his reaction to my<br>very own way of not only feeling them in their heart-felt responses, but[/QUOTE
===================================================================

sorry friends,
for the puter-clitch----

anyway, hope you all got the gist that we love u all -

be blessed and take the best care of yourselves that our Father has
taught you so far!!!!!:cool: 'machines will never give back what our Father expects us to give one another!

trying to correct this glitch has taught us both some valuable lessons!