How to get over him...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DIYhappiness

Hi fellow brothers and sisters
As you all can see ive been inactive for the past 5 months; so much going on.
For those who have read my previous threads and know that ive had difficulties with my boyfriend, well he broke up with me 4 months ago. Ive been in constant heart break for 3 months, because after breaking up with me he could not just let go of me. He made me believe he still liked me and that i still had a chance too many times. But now its been a month that we cut all contacts for good, and im feeling way better.
The only thing is, im finding it hard, living in the same city as him, not to cross his path. We have the same interests and used to go to the same places. But i know for sure that i dont want him to keep me from living my life. So i still want to go wherever i want to go.
What i want to know is, how can i get over him if i know we might cross paths again? Im over him in a way that being away from him and not talking to him at all doesnt really bother me anymore, but i know i might still feel things if i see him again (happened before). Im scared hes gonna do like he always does, and come at me and talk to me as if he still liked me and cared for me (after proving me he doesnt at all). Do you think i should still do my thing or stop going to those places and activities?
Also i think were gonna go to the same college next year. When we were together i remember him saying he was accepted to that college, and thats where i wanna go too since im going to move almost right beside it.
I just cant imagine myself seeing him at school all the time. What can i do??

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
get a new boyfriend?

A

Aqua_Girl09

Get BUSY! DO stuff. >_< idk what kind of city you live in but I'm in a big city and it took 21 years for me to learn that there is something going on EVERYDAY. you just gotta find it. get into sports, make awesome grades, become a leader in a good cause. run a 5k. DO stuff. not only will you feel better cause you feel like you're living life but when you run into him again you'll feel on top of the world cause hes doing the same old same old and you're doing so many new things. >_<

and if he goes to the same school as you so what? let him. don't give him the satisfaction of letting him get under your skin. make it seem like you could care less about your past relationship. even hold a few conversations with and let him in on all the stuff your exploring WITHOUT him. but thats only if you HAPPEN to run into him.

before you know it you'll be crushing on some other guy and your ex will be in the back of your mind. who needs someone who isn't going to treat you the way that God intended you to be treated?

A

arwen83

I can relate to a certain extent. The one thing that helped me were having good Godly people around me. Surround yourself with them, meet new ones that he has never met. Keep yourself busy like Aquagirl said. This is a time for self-care too, be good to yourself, focus on your relationship with God, and places where you feel closest to Him.

L

libertygirl

If you see him, and he comes up to you, just be cordial. You can say, "Hi, how are you?" and that's it. If he wants to talk about how he misses you, just tell him you've decided to go in a different direction. Tell him he needs to move on.

You may feel vulnerable and want to give in, so I'd suggest you ask God for help every morning before you go about your daily business. Ask God for wisdom and strength. Understand that you're releasing yourself from a toxic relationship to gain something better, or someone better.

U

Ugly

get a new boyfriend?
That doesn't make you get over someone, just means you're going to drag baggage into a new relationship. You'll still miss the old guy while dating the new one, not really a fair position to put the new guy in since you won't truly be full hearted into the relationship.

Z

zaoman32

ugh...dating relationships gone bad...

Everyone has pretty much said it, just stay busy and live your life. Ask God for wisdom and strength, and surround yourself with christian friends who will build up your spirits. Recognize that you don't need to be wasting your time with what was and could have been, there are much better things to spend your time on.