How will you help the human race survive after the apocalypse?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chrissy77

It wasn't the Professor's fault. He kept coming up with all sorts of rescue methods only to be foiled again by Gilligan.
Me thinks that in a real survival situation, after the fourteenth time the Professor's ingenious plan was stopped, that Gilligan stew would be served at the "Hooray, we're getting off of this island tomorrow" party!
Yes, but what kind of professor was he that he couldn't overcome Gilligan's "helpfulness"?

C

Chrissy77

Duct tape is for holding stuff together. :rolleyes:

Electrical tape is needed to make sure you don't get zapped when you fire off the zombie-zapper. ;)

We wouldn't want that - now, would we...??? :p

And, of course - to make sure that the Dielectric Antenna doesn't loose electrical cohesion in the atomic structure of the metalic rod while the zapper engine is firing - thereby maintaining the phase velocity of the propagation of the ZAP wave as it leaves the unit and intercepts the zombie. :cool:

Simple, really...

:)
Oh, yes, that makes complete sense..Not!:p
Good thing I do technically know the difference as I have to be my own Maytag repair man,lol.

G

GRA

...and not wait for KAOS until they got started...
...and not wait for CHAOS until they got started... :eek:

( I must have been thinking about 'Get Smart'... :p )

Aug 2, 2009
Well thanks! I think I do have some of the qualities that DuchessAimee mentioned, though. Though I know perspectives on the same character can differ! :)

Funny side story: My sister and her friend were playing Nazi Zombies on the Xbox 360 one night, with all the lights out. I crawled on the floor, real quiet, and then grabbed my sister's ankle. Her and her friend freaked out and screamed. Her friend was a guy, and yes, he screamed too. It was great. :D
See now Dale would have flipped if he saw those guys playing Nazi Zombies and he'd be like:

"What do you guys think you're doing?!! Don't you realize that these evil, violent video games are what's destroying the very fabric of our society? Is this what you'd want your kids to be playing...blah blah blah.."

N

NukePooch

The treadmill idea actually makes me think of something.

What if a Baggage claim style circular metal slanted thingy was placed around the house so that it fed into a Furnace? Eventually any Zombie would simply get on and ride it into the furnace.

Like one of these only Larger and steeper and faster. :cool:

Actually, to be truthful, wouldn't any zombie that gets on this end up in Omaha or Guam? That's where my luggage ends up when I fly...

N

NukePooch

Yes, but what kind of professor was he that he couldn't overcome Gilligan's "helpfulness"?
Maybe he didn't want to get off the island since then he'd have to say goodbye to Mary Ann.

N

NukePooch

Does this mean I have to dye my hair? Not sure how I'd look?

I think it's best to stay as you are...I don't think 'Ginger' is something you can get from a bottle of dye. It's not just a hair color, it's a way of life.

S

SeatBelt

Does this mean I have to dye my hair? Not sure how I'd look?
I think it's best to stay as you are...I don't think 'Ginger' is something you can get from a bottle of dye. It's not just a hair color, it's a way of life.

Howzabout me? I'm not a ginger, but I am a Carrier for ginger. Exhibit one: my daughter. Exhibit two: my grandad.
As for Team Redneck (If still a separate team...) I'm an unusual blend of redneck and, well, something else.

I fear I would be an adopted outsider in either case, just waiting for someone to kneecap me so that they can get away, a la Shane.

N

NukePooch

Howzabout me? I'm not a ginger, but I am a Carrier for ginger. Exhibit one: my daughter. Exhibit two: my grandad.
As for Team Redneck (If still a separate team...) I'm an unusual blend of redneck and, well, something else.

I fear I would be an adopted outsider in either case, just waiting for someone to kneecap me so that they can get away, a la Shane.

A Ginger carrier? Makes it sound as if Ginger is the new Zombie....

Attachments

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011

No, I don't think anyone would knee cap you so they could get away. Shane took what's-his-face to the hospital purposefully to use his expertise and then kill him. He was mad about him shooting Carl, and I think that's when we first see Shane act out his want for vengeance.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
See now Dale would have flipped if he saw those guys playing Nazi Zombies and he'd be like:

"What do you guys think you're doing?!! Don't you realize that these evil, violent video games are what's destroying the very fabric of our society? Is this what you'd want your kids to be playing...blah blah blah.."
-pictures-
Ha! That's pretty accurate. And no, in that way I'm definitely not like Dale. I like Nazi Zombies and I'm actually really good at it. :)

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
I wanna be a ginger... my cousin is a ginger. Do I get to be in your club?

AAAPlus

Aug 2, 2011

And I'd live off the sea for a while. The fields could become farmland. Any zombies that happen to make it to shore would be so waterlogged that they could easily be dispatched with a baseball bat or big stick.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Aug 2, 2009
That's a good point.
I loved Gilligan's Island. I remember one time my mom punished me by not letting me watch it for a week and I cried and cried and wouldn't leave her alone until she finally changed my punishment. I have no idea what she changed it to.

Feb 11, 2012
I stole this idea from Rachel because it's AWESOME!

So tell us, what kind of mad skills do you have to help other people survive after the apocalypse? They can be serious skills, funny skills, or just wonderfully imaginative ones! This is a free opportunity thread, so any apocalypse will do. Zombie, vampire, biblical, Mayan, Aztec, etc. Zombie is my personal favorite.
I really dont understand your post at all?????

I wouldnt be concerned about zombies, or the end of the world, you should be more concerned with your soul and your families soul, and whare you are going to spend eternity!

Are you at war with your flesh?

2Co 10:3 For though walking about in flesh, we do not war according to flesh.
2Co 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds,
2Co 10:5 pulling down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ;
2Co 10:6 and having readiness to avenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
Many will accuse the few who stand firm on the truth, that they are self-righteous and preaching self!
They are usually the ones who are in some form of deep struggle with their flesh that was never crucified with Christ as commanded, and are sitting under the saved IN sin gospel so prevalent today.
Anyone who comes against all they know and adhere to is quickly labeled unloving, evil, judgmental and full of pride as mentioned.
But are they being honest with God and themselves? I ask this because IF you have crucified your flesh in repentance as commanded, 2 Corin 7-10-11, and are walking around in your fleshly body, the war will be over, the flesh subdued and put to death as commanded.

Rom 6:6 We know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin.

Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Now free from the bondages, and standing firm on the truth. Pulling down the strongholds of original sin, substitution, OSAS, and many other reformed and pagan errors that have made professing Christianity what it is today, which is, poor, blind and naked!
Many will take these powerful verses and totally ignore them when we come against their strongholds that are keeping them and many others in the strong delusion God promised to send to those who love not the truth!

2Th 2:10 And with all deceit of unrighteousness in those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, so that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

We are also commanded to take into captive every vain and evil thought that comes our way into the obedience of Christ, who was tempted in His flesh yet was sinless and never yielded to the ways of the devil!

This folks all come from a truly repentant and contrite heart, yielding to the word of God, walking each and every day in the spirit, and being ready to avenge all disobedience when yours is fulfilled!

Now many more will argue we have no right to avenge anything, but the word says differently, they will say we are all saved sinners, saved by a passive faith and grace that winks at sin, worldliness, and disobedience to the truth. Then come back with you are the same, but again the word of God exposes your hypocrisy.

But today all is lost, thanks to the heaps, and heaps of false teachers, telling the gullible masses you can sin like the devil, and still go to heaven, because you were born depraved, stay in this state the rest of your life, while God covers you with His holy son Jesus Christ, who to them came to take their place so they could do absolutely nothing but join the church country club, and have a fun time while the world and those around them are perishing IN their sins!

No one can come and tell them to repent or perish, or tell them to go and sin no more, or to prove their repentance with deeds, along with a saving faith built on a strong foundation of obedience to truth, guarding the heart against temptation and the many lies, then standing against the saved In sin crowd, who is screaming, “no one is perfect, we all sin every day,(which to them means, fornicate, get drunk, immoral acts) and to claim your obedience is fulfilled, makes you an ugly monster in their eyes!

But I just ask all you nay sayers out there, why would the word of God say these things if they couldn’t be accomplished, and are a command to be obeyed?

Maybe because you do not believe the word of God, and would rather sit under the sin gospel, fighting against the few whose obedience is fulfilled, that can only come from a crucified life unto Him!

Mat 7:22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!
Tommy