Husbands email

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 3, 2013
You might be over reacting because it is an ad that pops up on the email.... I get ads all the time on my gmail account about single guys interested in my area - I ignore the ads I also get other advertisements too and I pretty much ignore that too. I don't believe your husband solicited this info that is coming I know I didn't. Now if you say your husband got an email from a single girl then there are issues.. But he probably did not solicit this ad that came across his email screen.
What are those web browsers used, that USELESS pop-ups can´t be blocked? :(

S

Sirk

It is possible that you are overreacting because of past hurts that have built up that haven't been processed. It is vital in marriage to not stuff pain. There are many terms for it but one is 'volcano building".......stuff, stuff, stuff then watch her blow into a crazy cycle. The little things add up over time. It's a big reason why 50 plus percent of marriages fail.

V

VioletReigns

There is nothing wrong with you asking your husband to use the ad blocker. It may not have crossed his mind to do so. Explain to him that it would give you peace of mind.

Also, go to the Lord Jesus in prayer and ask Him to give you wisdom concerning this situation. The Lord is faithful and will reveal the truth. Peace to you in Jesus' name, sister.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
no need to try to ignore ads.

block ads.

https://adblockplus.org/

free, safe to use, unobtrusive.
i have hardly ever seen ads at all, of any kind online for years, since i started using this. you can even add filters to block anything that's not automatically blocked, easily, point and click.

S

Sirk

I mean no disrespect to anyone here but it seems in this community people skim right over the top of the pain.

If I was in your circumstance I would say something like this.....Sweetie, my intention is not to be judgmental or condemning or to put you on the defensive...I am just really struggling with something that I would like to share with you. When there are things between us, I feel disconnected from you and that is another pain on top of the one I want to tell you. If now is not a good time would you please let me know when it is. It is important too me and I love you very much....... Then wait for an answer....what do you think he might say?

S

Sirk

I mean no disrespect to anyone here but it seems in this community people skim right over the top of the pain.

If I was in your circumstance I would say something like this.....Sweetie, my intention is not to be judgmental or condemning or to put you on the defensive...I am just really struggling with something that I would like to share with you. When there are things between us, I feel disconnected from you and that is another pain on top of the one I want to tell you. If now is not a good time would you please let me know when it is. It is important too me and I love you very much....... Then wait for an answer....what do you think he might say?
The point is that this is more than just him correcting the email. You want him to "see" your heart and you feel disregarded cuz he just blew you off. There was never a more true statement in relationship than......You teach people how to treat you.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
It's not spam which I know you can't control that ... It's ads streaming down the side of all kind of women advertising they are available... I know he can't control that either... But he could get another email... Idk why he doesn't... Makes my mind wonder[/QUOT

Change your search settings to moderate. These ad's will pop up if you don't. Also click on the ad and disable these pop ups. Sometimes if you download something it ads ad on"s like these.

May 3, 2013
no need to try to ignore ads.

block ads.

https://adblockplus.org/

free, safe to use, unobtrusive.
i have hardly ever seen ads at all, of any kind online for years, since i started using this. you can even add filters to block anything that's not automatically blocked, easily, point and click.

Hmm!

I guess you are not any longer human.

:)

PS

Avg Downloads:

Last edited:
V

VioletReigns

I agree with you, brother Sirk. "We do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace so that we can receive mercy and find grace to help us in time of need."

Jesus understands and cares about our pain. You have spoken wisdom and I believe this can be an opportunity for our sister and her husband to strengthen their relationship. I pray in Jesus' name the Lord would be glorified in their lives together and that this would be a gracious miracle that God would work out together for good.

May 3, 2013
A "Christian"-tech alternative PostMan showed:

Adblock Plus has been installed - Opera.png

Last edited:

presidente

May 29, 2013
i asked this earlier in ladies chat but was wondering if you think I'm overreacting... My husbands yahoo email streams ad on the side of "available women" dressed somewhat provocative... This bothers me and I've told him... He says he doesn't notice it although he does seem uncomfortable when I'm around and they pop up... He has me mentioned changing addresses but hasn't. He treats me great and no other problems... I wish he would respect my feeling that I don't like it... Am I overreacting?
I use Yahoo mail and they keep putting those ads on the side of my screen, too. Why doesn't he just hit that middle button at the top beside 'minimize' and cut the ads off the side of the corner.