I have a dream................

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

It seems like many are having dreams on c..c ,I read in posts, and, not good dreams. I want to tell you of the power of dreams through story, and, what better story than one from God's words in the bible. :)

Dreams are very powerful creations in our lives and although are not truly us in our living day to day doings, they are something we are clearly thinking of in our minds, subconsciously, or, even consciously, as, sometimes, we wake up in the middle of our dreams and our nightmares. Of good dreams, there is peace. Of bad dreams, though wild and wonderful in the moment, they are not good things that are going on even though we like what's going on.

I'm not going to divulge more than that, but to say that that is a window in, to your real life, likely, and, the kind of things that are going on in it. Perhaps, it's good, then, to keep those dreams in mind relating them to your current season in life.

Are you seeing someone who is suspect of truly following Christ in their life ?

Are your free hours being spent doing things that make God jealous? Putting God second to your like ?

Are you enjoying the macabre , the gore, of life's scenes and scenery and 'transmissions' on tv and dvd and iTV and Tivo more than God speaking to you now of things of your life He wants you to be doing for His glory, for remembering His gory past alone, to dream a night's dream?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
God used dreams and visions for Joseph, and, others VERY EARLY in the New Testament, like Matthew 1 :) , showing in this and other Gospel books, of Joseph, of the wisemen, powerful, powerful DREAMS. Joseph, of course, the man who was used by God to give off great reassurance--through dreams-- for the virgin, Mary, to go through with the birth of the Holy Spirit Who was in her belly :)

Did you know that Joseph nearly divorced Mary, but something happened.... and it was an angel APPEARING to Joseph in a dream. :)

Dream #1
: Matthew 1:19-21
His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet[SUP]e[/SUP] did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. 20But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[SUP]f[/SUP] because he will save his people from their sins.”
So, dreams from God powerful? Joseph went from divorce thinking to marriage happening :)

-----------------------zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz------------------------

Herod, the king of Israel, wanted to kill Jesus so Herod asked the three wisemen to report back where Jesus was born.
Dream # 2: Matthew 2:12
And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.
Look at THAT dream's power, the wisemen were warned by God in a dream NOT to return to Herod.

-----------------------zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-----------------------

Again, a scant one verse later, is another show-up of an angel in a dream of Joseph's, warning Joseph that Herod wanted to kill baby J.

Dream # 3: Matthew 2:13
When they (the wisemen) had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”
-----------------------zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz------------------------

Again, Joseph and Mary waited with baby Jesus until a DREAM said to do different :)

Dream # 4
: Matthew 2:20
After Herod died, an angel of the Lord appeared in a dream to Joseph in Egypt 20and said, “Get up, take the child and his mother and go to the land of Israel, for those who were trying to take the child’s life are dead.”
What I want to note, is that the angel did not come to Joseph in Joseph's real day to day doings, the angel came to Joseph in a dream. That tells me that God thought very highly of dreams back then. And, today, too, since God is the same today, as yesterday, as forevermore, God STILL today values the importance of dreams to tell us things in life :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shouryu

Except that in all of those cases, it is reported that the dreamers received a direct message, rather than a strange and unintelligible dream that requires asking a bunch of strangers "What do you think this means?" Notice that in each case, every dreamer knew exactly what they were told, rather than requiring an outside party for interpretation.

U

Ugly

I actually find this 'dream interpretation' trend disturbing among Christians. It reeks more of people seeking answers through dreams for their daily life. If you're going to think God is always guiding you in your dreams, why not have your palm read, or the bumps on your head?

G

GreenNnice

I actually find this 'dream interpretation' trend disturbing among Christians. It reeks more of people seeking answers through dreams for their daily life. If you're going to think God is always guiding you in your dreams, why not have your palm read, or the bumps on your head?
Because God is in your dreams, He isn't using an Angel appearing, He is using other means of appearing, like other people. God uses people, ugly, to help edify each other and show them what God dreams for them :)

But, it's true, we need to be careful in dream interpretation, we need to pray we are receiving the right wisdom from him, and, from others, like me :)

I've just heard people saying in singles forum they are having nightmares at night in their sleep, and, I am saying what the bible says about how God used dreams. :)

Except that in all of those cases, it is reported that the dreamers received a direct message, rather than a strange and unintelligible dream that requires asking a bunch of strangers "What do you think this means?" Notice that in each case, every dreamer knew exactly what they were told, rather than requiring an outside party for interpretation.
I pretty much said my answer to you to ugly, shobro, but, to say it again, and, good question by the way, brother :) , but, yes, God works through 'a bunch of strangers' if we let Him :) I think, anyway. I know God used others in Scripture to interpret others' dreams like Daniel did for King Nebuchanezzar and Joseph did for the two in prison with him. God gave Joseph that kind ability, gift, to interpret dreams :)

The gist of the thread OP is to show that God used dreams really quickly in the New Testament to show Joseph what was needed done. I think, God speaks the same way to us in our dreams.

And, no, we are not to go for palm readings or fortune cookies for our futures told, however, God can use ANY means to reach us and someone stuck in that kind of dark-art thinking of palm reading could be shown the light in the middle of something going on from the believing of that palm reading that was from the dark side (The Devil) given .

God uses any means He wants to reach us and you can be sure God wants us to dwell on good things, even in our dreams , and, those good things of goodness will be helping us in our waking lives too, not hindering us, not having us be thinking dreadfully about their being in our nighttime sleeping state. He wants us to have all good things spiritual and I think we can all agree a nightmare about something like enjoying stealing thousands of dollars from someone's house when they are not home is not God's will for our life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 12, 2013
God speaks
God speaks to us awake or asleep for He never sleeps.

K

KJV15John11

Dreams, like many gifts from God, is a learning process and like most gifts and talents, only grow with exercise and utilization through faith. I'm not saying that all dreams are gifts from God, some are simply what ever is on your mind at the time. It can be a worry or concern, or simply a remembrance triggered by the day's events. For those that receive spiritual dreams, it could be as simple as God trying to spurn you into some action, or provide some assurance. For others, it could be something grander like prophecy or a call for awakening by a group. Regardless of the content, wether it be thought or Spirit driven, it requires time to reflect and analyze as we take it before God in a time of communion, seeking clarity through The Scriptures and prayer.

Oct 14, 2013
There are three ways in which man dreams . They are as follows

DREAMS FROM GOD READ JOB 33: 14-30 Numbers 12, Joel 2:28-31
DREAMS FROM OUR OWN SOUL or the activities we most find ourselves engage in = ECC 5:3
DREAMS FROM THE ENEMY OR SATAN = JOB 7:11-16:cool:

Oct 14, 2013
[SUP]Joel 2[/SUP][SUP]
28 [/SUP]And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

[SUP]29 [/SUP]And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
[SUP]30 [/SUP]And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
[SUP]31 [/SUP]The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

Oct 14, 2013
Dreams, like many gifts from God, is a learning process and like most gifts and talents, only grow with exercise and utilization through faith. I'm not saying that all dreams are gifts from God, some are simply what ever is on your mind at the time. It can be a worry or concern, or simply a remembrance triggered by the day's events. For those that receive spiritual dreams, it could be as simple as God trying to spurn you into some action, or provide some assurance. For others, it could be something grander like prophecy or a call for awakening by a group. Regardless of the content, wether it be thought or Spirit driven, it requires time to reflect and analyze as we take it before God in a time of communion, seeking clarity through The Scriptures and prayer.

Dreams It can be a worry or concern, or simply a remembrance triggered by the day's event

[SUP]
Ecc 5
3 [/SUP]For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.

Oct 14, 2013
[SUP]

Job 33
14 [/SUP]For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.

[SUP]15 [/SUP]In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;

[SUP]16 [/SUP]Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
[SUP]17 [/SUP]That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.

Oct 14, 2013
Beware of false prophets
:eek:
Jeremiah 23
[SUP]23 [/SUP]Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off?
[SUP]24 [/SUP]Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.

[SUP]26 [/SUP]How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;
[SUP]27 [/SUP]Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.

[SUP]28 [/SUP]The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the Lord.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
[SUP]30 [/SUP]Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that steal my words every one from his neighbour.
[SUP]31 [/SUP]Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that use their tongues, and say, He saith.
[SUP]32 [/SUP]Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the Lord, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the Lord.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
I know I'm not single but if it it is ok I would like to input something.

Oct 14, 2013
Please be beware of those book where person claim to know how to interpret dreams

[h=3]Deuteronomy 13[/h]King James Version (KJV)

13 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

[SUP]2 [/SUP]And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

[SUP]3 [/SUP]Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

[SUP]4 [/SUP]Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

M

MissCris

I'm not single either, and I'm always inputting stuff around here, they don't seem to mind too much ;)

Oct 14, 2013
Please be beware of those book where person claim to know how to interpret dreams

Deuteronomy 13

King James Version (KJV)

13 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

[SUP]2 [/SUP]And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

[SUP]3 [/SUP]Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

[SUP]4 [/SUP]Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
If God is was and always will be the same, i believe this to be true, do you suppose that we ought to consider the dreams Daniel and Joseph translated? or is that not good for me to bring up. ;)

Last edited:
K

kenthomas27

If God is was and always will be the same, i believe this to be true, do you suppose that we ought to consider the dreams Daniel and Joseph translated? or is that not good for me to bring up. ;)
;) Well, see, if you are king of the world and you've pretty much killed every soothsayer, prophet, palm reader, and witch in the region and working your way down to Daniel, your dreams have a great deal of importance to a guy like Daniel and he's just liable to come up with an explanation worthy of a king.

G

GreenNnice

yes, we are all the same, in fact, it's a great blessing for the marrieds to give wise wisdom from their experiences that God's shown them so that other singles can sidestep that trap or thing that befuddled , or, even, bound them, Hiscrustacean :)

Yes, Joseph interpreted dreams that he received from God. In one case, the dream he had was from God and showed that he would rule over his mom, dad, and, brothers. His parents said, 'Oh, OK, Joseph,' or, similar.

But.... Joseph's brothers then connived a plan to get rid of Joseph because of the hatred they felt toward their youngest brother, who would one day lord over them.

Daniel's dreams interpreting King Nebuchanezzar, too, speak the same way, of God showing Daniel Himself through dreams interpretation of the king.

G

GreenNnice

Deuteronomy 13

King James Version (KJV)

This verse set in Deuteronomy 13 is not speaking about dream interpretation, IsisD, this is about someone who gives a prophecy, or prophesies. There is nothing here in this verse, or, ANY Scripture verse that says that God cannot use us in dreams interpretation for others, or , even for ourselves, showing us our thoughts and how we need to get them back on track to His good thoughts of goodness for us :)