I Have Questions: about GENESIS 2-5 ( Forum Bible study )

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 15, 2013
YES!!! Satan loves to see believers waste their time. LET US BE WISE AS TIME IS VERY VERY SHORT!

Oct 31, 2011
I don't think it is complicated at all, nor do I think we need add many things to it. Adam and Eve were not knowledgeable about evil, they lived without knowledge of it. Their minds and body were different from ours before they gained this knowledge, this knowledge as part of them changed them. we inherit a mind and body from them that has this knowledge. That is why the bible states that we are born in sin, we are born with this knowledge. It is also why we all need Christ. for only through the blood of Christ we are cleansed.

The story of Cain and Abel explains it simply. God let them know it was blood they must use for atonement. It was many thousands of years later that was fully explained and fully fulfilled, but it always was. You cannot use any other sacrifice than the blood of Christ.

Oct 7, 2013
When the voice of God was talking to satan he said he would put enmith (division/enemy) between you (satan) and the woman (God's faithful organization) and between your seed (satans organization) and her seed (Gods followers with Jesus being the primary seed)

john832

May 31, 2013
1. Why, after Eve and Adam took from the tree of knowledge of good an evil, did they realize they were naked ?
And under what influence did they begin to feel that sex was shameful? God created sex and gave it to man as a wonderful gift. Amazing in that it not only draws two people together as man and wife but it also produces more people. God is a family and God's overall purpose in creation is to increase the size of His family.

Satan, on the other hand, cannot marry and cannot procreate...

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

He is the one who broadcast these thoughts and attitudes to A & E...

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

2. Why, if the sin was eating a fruit, did they not cover their privet parts with an apron of fig leaves , instead of their mouths ?
The sin was not just eating the fruit, it was taking to themselves the determination of what is good or evil, right or wrong. God has already determined what is right and wrong, our choice is whether we will do the right or do the wrong.

3. Why, were did two seeds come from ?
Originally...

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

Luk 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Not only Satan, but one third of the angels followed him...

Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

4. Why, did God mention the Serpent having a seed ( Gen 3: 14-15 ; Rev 12:9 ) ? And a need to separate them ?
In Gen 3 we find the first prophecy of the Messiah and what the ultimate outcome will be at His triumphant return...

Satan bruised Christ's heel (crucified), but Christ will bruise Satan's head...

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Eze 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Eze 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
Eze 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

5.Why, did this result in Eve becoming pregnant ?
Eve became pregnant in the usual way...

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

Nothing esoterical about it.

6. Why is Cain, not listed in Adams genealogy ?
He is, along with Abel...

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
Gen 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

But neither one are the direct line to Noah, and all other bloodlines ended with the flood...

Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
Gen 6:10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

Gen 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Gen 6:18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

What are your thoughts ?
I think it is more straightforward than you think it is.