"I HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST!"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 20, 2015
naturally, seeing the thread topic and reading the originating post, i looked up in the scripture where "the mind of Christ" is written of. first thing i found is quoted below..
hmm wonder who "we" is in this passage:

these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, for,
“Who has known the mind of the Lord
so as to instruct him?”
But we have the mind of Christ.
(1 Corinthians 2:10-16)

it's not "me" that has the mind of Christ -- but the Spirit of God knows the mind of Christ, and teaches me - the Spirit has this mind, and God has given us of this Spirit. if i "have" it it's not expressing 'ownership' or 'origin' from within myself, but being owned by God, and originating in God.

i think then if we don't have the mind of Christ, we are not in Him, because who is in Him is sealed with this Spirit. if we have part in this spirit, though, we all do have the mind of Christ, having not our own mind, but instead crucifying our own vain thinking along with our transgressions, and taking part in the life that is Christ.
how else could it be? that we put to death the sin of our carnal bodies, but not our carnal way of thinking? or that we have no mind at all?
Yes, it is simple to see that is what you think, just as you stated you do.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Be grateful
be open and honest
try to see the value in others
demand more of myself than others
make decision on facts not feelings
receptive to change
admit if my actions or words hurt people and seek forgiveness
hang around healthy people
Look at my own behavior honestly and critically
Jesus did none of those things.
au contraire.

• was Jesus grateful? yes (ex. John 11:41)
  • was Jesus open and honest? yes (ex. John 8:45)
  • did Jesus see the value in others? yes (ex. Luke 7:9)
  • did Jesus demand more of Himself than others? yes (ex. Mark 10:38)
  • did Jesus make decisions on facts rather than feelings? yes (ex. Luke 22:42)
  • was Jesus receptive to change? He authored change! (ex. Hebrews 7:12)
  • did Jesus confess sin? He knew no sin! (ex. 2 Corinthians 5:21) and preached confession and repentance (ex. Mark 1:15)
  • did Jesus hang around healthy people? yes (ex. John 15:3)
  • did Jesus examine His own ways and was He aware of His own character and behavior? yes (ex. John 5:30)

so... Lol ?

Jan 20, 2015
Why dont you give us examples of how you act like Christ?Since you seem to be the teacher what have you given up for Christ? So we can follow your example.
Precious Kayla, I did not say I have the mind of Christ. That means I cannot teach you how to. Lol. Please keep going to the same church as younow do. You belong there.

S

Sirk

au contraire.

• was Jesus receptive to change? He authored change! (ex. Hebrews 7:12)
  • did Jesus confess sin? He knew no sin! (ex. 2 Corinthians 5:21) and preached confession and repentance (ex. Mark 1:15)
  • did Jesus examine His own ways and was He aware of His own character and behavior? yes (ex. John 5:30)

so... Lol ?
Thank you for your thoroughness Posthuman! :)

Jan 20, 2015
I dont want to speak too soon mind you, but I think I may have squashed a troll.We shall see...
Lol. Precious Heart.

Remember, Jesus was a troll in Luke 4:16-30. Do you know how to be brave and read The Bible for yourself ... ?

Jan 20, 2015
Yes, you can see alot of things laying within the picture centered right at the cross that speaks not only to His death (and the specific place of the same pertaining to a skull itself). Just as we were "enemies in our minds" (which is also a place of a skull) where we (in our natural selves) would seek to crucify him because the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God. Its like the crossing over from death (even being carnally minded) which is death unto life (spirtually minded) which is life and peace, as enemies are put beneathe his feet (even teaching) being made subject unto Christ.

The wording indicates these spiritual truths spoken very openly by the apostles in the same sense and can be built upon

For example,

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death;

And the fate of Him according to the same pertains to the skull

Mark 15:22 And they bring him unto the place Golgotha, which is, being interpreted, The place of a skull.

The New Covenant pertained to writing his laws in their minds as by The Spirit, so he would leave this world

1Cr 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

But he would see them again, a figure of the same

Rev 22:4 And they shall see
his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

The mind/ place of the skull (even carnally minded= death) His enemies in our minds

Col 1:21
And you, that were sometime alienatedand enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled.

Various scriptures pointing to the things that sit in the picture

Ephes 4:23 And
be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

I left out one part because I was unsure of its significance, it seems to work but leave it out now becase I dont believe I can adequately show it, I need more verses then are here

For example, Christ is our passover right?

He says this

Duet 16:6 But at the place which the LORD thy God shall choose to place his name in, there thou shalt sacrifice the passover at even, at the going down of the sun, at the season that thou camest forth out of Egypt.

So the very place he would place his name IN (and his name pertains to the mind) and so would be where he could be shown (somehow) to pertain tothe same, whereas we can see He was crucified at Galgotha (or a place of a skull) which would fit into the same line of thought.Looking at Egypt as it pertains to his crucifixion connects in this one

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

1Cr 5:7 For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

So I was looking at all this as it realtes to the NC (passover/ death unto life/ place of a skull/ name in mind/ laws in mind) and trying to correctly bring this together, such as these two

Duet 16:6 But at the place which the LORD thy God shall choose to place his name in, there thou shalt sacrifice the passover at even, at the going down of the sun, at the season that thou camest forth out of Egypt.

Mark 15:22 And they bring
him unto the place Golgotha, which is, being interpreted, The place of a skull.

And again,

Rev 22:4 And they shall see his face;and his name shall be in their foreheads.

I dont think I can manage that one as sufficiently as I might like to

But you can see the similarities at the "cross" (over) in our "pass" (over) the carnal mind being death (leading him to his) enemies in our minds (a place of a skull) the NC sitting front and center in Christ and all that is written of the mind as it could pertain. Could take it with a grain of salt, but really blesses me to see in such a small picture the vastness of the NC in these little details.

God bless you in Christ Jesus the Lord

Thank you for speaking your whole mind. Lol.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Try to use Scripture to form your ideas, okay? That is how Christ can be glorified.
amen to that -- compare post #38 with post #42

including some scripture in this post:

Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
(Job 38:2)

not to berate you, but in hope that by my saying this you might have gain

Jan 20, 2015
He did all of those things because he was God in the flesh. He didn't need to seek a healthy mind...he was perfectly pure in all his thoughts and actions.

As as far as hanging around healthy people would it help you if I told you I hang around people who are pursuing health? There are absolutely zero completly healthy people alive on the earth. I don't like your critical tone with me.
Do you not hang around with healthy people as you imagine Jesus did, even though He stated that it was the sick people needed Him?

Show us Scripture where Jesus ever complained about someone's "tone." Do you have His Mind on that? Yes? No?

Dec 26, 2014
Why dont you give us examples of how you act like Christ?Since you seem to be the teacher what have you given up for Christ? So we can follow your example.
he just admitted not being an example. i.e. not just a troll, but controlled by the prince of the power of the air just like all of us once were. (see ephesians --- everybody without the mind of christ, everybody not born again, is controlled, a puppet of the prince of darkness, yes, even all believers until they (we) are redeemed/immersed in yahshua).

that said. some day, kaylagrl, you may get to meet some ekklesia who can say with the ekklesia in the NT 'imitate me as i imitate yahshua'. and you will know they are true by the blood of the lamb and the testimony of yahshua in their life, completely(not a little bit, but completely).

don't try to hurry or be in a rush. they don't advertise or look for attention. mostly they won't use the internet either; 'mostly'.

K

kaylagrl

Precious Kayla, I did not say I have the mind of Christ. That means I cannot teach you how to. Lol. Please keep going to the same church as younow do. You belong there.

You dont know me or my church,or IF I even go to a church.You dont know where I belong.Now you said to someone post ten things that show you have the mind of Christ.So Im asking you to do the same.Or are you saying no one has the mind of Christ?

Jan 20, 2015
au contraire.

• was Jesus receptive to change? He authored change! (Cuex. Hebrews 7:12)

so... Lol ?
If you had The Mind of Christ, you would understand all Prophecy. Do you?

Lol. The hole keeps getting deeper for you, doesn't it ... ?

S

Sirk

Do you not hang around with healthy people as you imagine Jesus did, even though He stated that it was the sick people needed Him?

Show us Scripture where Jesus ever complained about someone's "tone." Do you have His Mind on that? Yes? No?
Yes......I just treated you the way I would have you treat me by being honest with you. Luke 6:31

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
If you had The Mind of Christ, you would understand all Prophecy. Do you?

Lol. The hole keeps getting deeper for you, doesn't it ... ?
am i to take this as a confession that you were in error?

or in the plain reading of it -- pure mockery?

(awaits answer)

with all thy getting get understanding.
(Proverbs 4:7)

K

kaylagrl

Lol. Precious Heart.

Remember, Jesus was a troll in Luke 4:16-30. Do you know how to be brave and read The Bible for yourself ... ?
Read the Bible for myself? Now why would I do a thing like that? Jesus wasn't a "troll".He spoke truth,He was/is the truth.He had all the answers.He didn't need to put others down because he was more superior.He taught people the way to come to him.But I dont read the Bible for myself so I may be totally wrong on all that.

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
Thank you for speaking your whole mind. Lol.
You are very welcome

Proverbs 29:11 A fool uttereth all his mind:

but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.

The verse had two parts to it that related to it, you posted only one

Mind Proverbs.png

The same is shown in Gills commentary

K

kaylagrl

Lol. Precious Heart.

'
You said "How do you act like Jesus? Give ten examples, unless you feel uncomfortable bearing witness." So I have asked you to do the same.For you to teach and enlighten us.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Heretic reported to mods. Let them deal with him. Quickly, I pray.

Dec 12, 2013
'
You said "How do you act like Jesus? Give ten examples, unless you feel uncomfortable bearing witness." So I have asked you to do the same.For you to teach and enlighten us.
Anther one of those (good luck with that moment) HAHA!