I need advice from teens

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

churchgirl14

Well I confess that I am very worried about what people think of me I guess I am self conscious and I heard that it is not good to care about that stuff, but it is not that easy not too...are most teens this way, do you have any advice on how to not worry so much about how others see me???

P

PRAIASEmyGOD

i had the same problem i was always contradicting myself all the time , so i prayed and prayed and prayed, then one night i was on the trampoline and i told god i was going to take a photo of him, suddenly a verse popped into my head... "with the faith of a mustard seed you can move the mountains"... and then i aimed my phone at the sky to take a photo and in the photo there is a face resemblence! and fourth i hadnt had probems with my contridicting since that moment

C

Cako53

Well I confess that I am very worried about what people think of me I guess I am self conscious and I heard that it is not good to care about that stuff, but it is not that easy not too...are most teens this way, do you have any advice on how to not worry so much about how others see me???
I have struggled with this and still do. I come across as a very confident person, which I am, but I still struggle with being self concious. A good way not to worry is to just pray and read your bible. It sounds so cliche, but it is so true. I'm praying for you.

H

heahrockstar

Hey July,
I completely understand the problem you are facing. In this society it is hard enough as it is just to be yourself and now that we are christians, sometimes we stick out even more. Let me share with you my favorite verse: "So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, 9who has saved us and called us to a holy life". As a christians we need to see that God never said it would be easy. Notice how this verse says "join with me in suffering". God actually calls us to be different that our society and even tell us to suffer if it is necessary. I used to be a very insecure person but in the end I realized that people will look every where for confidence when all along the confidence was within our hearts. Sometimes what we fear the most is to actually be different and feel okay about it. Don't be afraid. As christians we have a confidence of Christ our Savior. We need to remember that we were made in His image and that if we truely love him we can learn to glorify him with every part of our personality. Even the parts that people might not accept as cool. I love you sister and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope I was able to help.
With Love,
Your brother Heath

N

NoTearsShed

Thats a thing i strugled with too especially at ages 14-17
When i was 16 i felt the ugliest & then even after that i felt pretty at times while at other times i felt super ugly so when ever i saw myself in the mirror & i taught i was pretty i would keep looking for a while....
True beauty lies within our souls. I learned that even if a person is really pretty their attitude or personalality can be REALLY bad, mean, rude or evil.

I know when your a teenager you want to look pretty especially for the boy/guy you like but dont go to far if you want to wear makeup dont go all out & wear it all weird & stuff especially just so other people can think you look pretty.
I dont think its good to wear make up (EVEN though i wear it =/) but if you do wear it wear it because you like it or if you fix your hair try doing it because you like how it looks NOT because you want other people to think you look pretty. Thats a waste of time trust me, I also learned that no matter how much you change yourself some people just keep hating,being jealous of you, make you feel or say that you look ugly and that to some people you are still going to keep looking ugly (EVEN IF YOUR NOT) they will still see you that way or still hate you or dislike you & so on.

Dont waste time trying to please people instead Please God =)

You know what i noticed today about a girl that goes to my school, I think shes pretty(in a non lesbian way)
You know what i think makes her look pretty?
The fact that she has MANNERS, is Nice & usually smiling or happy =)
She will talk to anyone who is nice or just to talk.
She is trying to do work in school & graduate. The most imporatant thing she Loves God she was saved 2 years ago.
He changed her =)

A person can look really pretty or fine/cute in the outside but in the inside it can be a whole different story.

My advice instead of worried about what people think about you make christian friends or people who believe in God, People who are smart & can talk to you about the bible & be there for you. Maybe one of those friends might be a guy who God chose for you & as long as God & the guy thinks your pretty WHICH HE will if hes the one God chose for you =) that should be good enough. =D

I prayed for you & me too to help us not care so much about how we look towards other people & some other things regarding this subject & near this subject =)

A

alicheer

I understand where you are coming from i have had that problem ever since i was around 12 and i finally just prayed for God to take the sin away from me becuase we are the way that God made us we do not need to worry about what the world thinks of us. i did a bible study that might help you it is called lies young women believe it is one of the tools God used to help me with the way that i saw myself.
i will be praying for you. God bless!

S

S4C

Hey, I know how you feel. I was like that for the entire school year. But it made me realize that even outside of my city and school teens were still going to stare at me. Most teens are like that. Here's some of my advice, try not to think of it as a negative but more as a positive. Maybe you could show them through your acts that you're a Christian. It always helped me. Also pray! I'll be praying for you!

J

jimmydiggs

It's hard to do something different.'

Let alone, be different.

B

BeauBLESSED

All you need to do is know that you are made His way, which is 100% good! And whoever doesn't like that shouldn't convince you to change the way you are. :)

A

asamanthinketh

you're worrying is not going to help yourself or anyone, and mothers and evil women do this because they are jealous of their young daughters and those who have made better choices than they have.

so, if someone loves you truly they will not cause you mental anguish over parts of yourself that you feel unhappy with.

i've been on here for about a couple weeks now, because i was a christian, and became stronger in my faith and withstanding how my family abuses me, uses me, and lets negative influences come into this house, and it has destroyed me.

so, i am at the point, where I realize that i may never have happiness, acceptance, gladness in my work, or have others truly trust me, rather than just giving my knowledge and letting them decide what they will use for themselves.

i have given up on myself and on the world. since birth, my mother has been in control of this whole neighborhood, and though i have been a good child, i have been criticized, condemned, harmed, and tempted beyond what I can bear.

They destroyed my faith, and it has caused me to become something i am not happy with, i feel a sense of wanting to do harm to them. When in reality it says that vengenance is mine thus saith the Lord.

Well, the Lord only works through us, so at what point will they stop acting so upitty and realize what they have done. I have repented and done what they asked to make them feel better, but now they have done nothing.

In my heart it brings me peace, that they will never be christians because of what they have done to me. But it also makes me sad who I have become because of them.

There are grown men in this neighborhood who are unhappy with their wives, women who their only desire is to have babies, and make youth jealous of them, I often feel like I am living in the truman show or the twilight zone.

So, please you are young, and you still have strength. A good man will work with you to acheive common goals realizing that both of you do not really want to die before old age.

So, this is what I have to give, maybe you can pray for me.

Because I have been heartbroken and struggling very much because I don't have money or a husband, although I would like and need both, but the world's ways of doing things are insane.

Everyone thinks this is some game, well the games others play are not always good and fun, for others.

And I wish that the neighbors would just keep to themselves.

You have a whole life ahead of you. And may your dreams and goals be always available at the right time, though you may get disappointed or rejected, may you always rise again.

The culture and the spirit of this place is so lowly. The only thing people here do is drink, eat, smoke, do drugs, and have sex, wasting energy. And contributing nothing good to anyone.

They still haven't realized the real me, and don't understand that I don't want to be known.

Because I do love God, and I do love others, as I am equipped to do so.

I have been cursed by the Pasadena boys that my parents are always supposed to take care of me, and that they are gods and good persons.

But they are not and no one sees the truth. they would gladly kill me, their own child, that they dearly wanted at birth. If they didn't pull out a gun to shoot me, they would gladly gladly destroy any safety or any protection I had in this world.

Yet God allows the good and the bad to survive.

And things have happened for me before I was ready, and when it was time for me to be married and be a career woman it never happened.

So, I pray that you know yourself well enough to walk through life correctly, and that if you fall, the right provision would come along at the right time.

There is nothing I can do to stop evil in this house, because it is this woman's home, who in my mind is no long my mother,

I have had others come into my life, Thank God, and try to help and save me, and say I don't understand why they are doing this to you, you are a grown woman, not a young girl.

So, I pray that others do not judge you, unless of course you like it and it brings motivation or energy to you.

I pray that others see you for what you really are, and when something needs changing that they will do the right thing to get you along your way.

And if my experiences and what has been done to me, and these blessings don't help you, then I am sorry, but it is from my heart, and my mind, and my spirit.

So, if you ask well what can I do for her.

What you can do, is spread the word that pasadena, maryland, baltlimore is not a good place to come to.

They will oppress you and keep you as a child forever.

Spread your wings and live!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have some hope that one day I will escape these abusive men and women, who think have hatred and are uncomfortable with someone who can't do the same things as them or who doesn't want to, or because they are going through trials, insist that you join in their perversion and their wrongness.

I thought America was a normal place. Even third world countries have more love and care inside them then this town.

Learn, love, and marry if you choose.

And just know that appearances are not always true. You may have known someone your're whole life, and then in the blink of an eye they turn on you and you realize the life you spent on them was for nothing and they used you and didn't even care about your survival.

I don't want to scare you. But maybe this is the right thing you need to hear at this time.

Too meny men especially are very selfish. The only thing they want is children and to get their wives pregnant. Their is more to this world than that. There are already too many of us living on the earth.

And when your parents, friends, teachers, whomever is getting irritated with you or thinks you are not at the right place in your life, they will often do things to pressure you into something you may or may not want to do.

A

asamanthinketh

Pray that something rescues me, i was laying on the couch the other day and heard in my spirit why doesn't someone come get this woman.

Anyone in this going to hell town could have easily welcomed me inot their home, and I would have gladly submitted and love people who are considerate and young.

I belong to old folk at this point. And it has ruined my character.

And now everyone goes around saying what happened to Ina. And they want to kill me for it, when they dont' realize it was their fault.

That is my name, Ina

I

Ifwecouldlove

I understand completely what you're going through! This is something that I struggle with as well. Pray, pray, pray about it! Remember, you are God's creation and he made you the beautiful young lady that you are today, and he loves you unconditionally! God is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow. He can't lie, and He will not forsake you. Confide in Him!

T

Tinker

Hey. My name is Stacey. I'm 19 and will surely be glad to help you out. It doesn't matter about what others think of you. As long as you think of yourself in a good way. Don't let that get in the way of your life. I used to be like you. Until I grew out of it. Just be yourself and never foreget that God loves you for who you are and what you look like.

O

OStF

The king is enthralled by your beauty;
honor him, for he is your lord.

Psalm 45:11 New International Version

Write this on a few post-its and post it on mirrors, make a bookmark out of it. I used to have a memo stuck on my mirror "Smile, beautiful!" And I would imagine God saying it to me.

C

cranhurst

It is not what others think of you but what you feel about yourself that matters.

I recently read a quote which I pass on you , " I ask no more than for me to be the man that I am".

I hope that this helps.