I need help!

• Thread starter Sparkling_Tears
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sparkling_Tears

When I was little my family and I went to church every Sunday,and we prayed,and we were really strong Christians.
About 3 years ago I started practicing Wicca,and I really liked it,until I started having nightmares and I felt lonely,even with my friends. I felt like I was trapped in a cement cage and no one could hear me. I started cutting among other things.
Last year I left the Wicca community and got back into Christianity and for a while I felt better,but then we lost out home,we moved,my Aunt died of cancer,and my Dad lost his job. (He got another one a month later)
But things seem to be getter worse and not better, I pray(and go to church),but it seems as though God doesn't hear me.

Is He mad at me for leaving the faith,even though I asked for forgivness?

Or is He not real,and are me Wicca friends right, did I make a mistake leaving Wicca and should I go back?

I really don't know what to do,and I love my family,but my Mom just doesn't understand my confusion,she has always been a Christian and just doesn't know why I feel the way I do,even though our lives are in ruins.

Please help me.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Sparkling tears, Did you consider That Jesus brought you back to him because he knew what was ahead for you and those you love. God our father knows all of your heart and mind and all that will be. He wanted to be close to you and those you love for these difficulties. Keep the faith ,hope and Love he has given you. You will see the love and hearts desire that is promised. You are in my prayers, God bless. pickles

S

Sparkling_Tears

No I really didnt consider that,I suppose you could be right. And if God does feel that way,and I hope He does 'cause that sounds really nice,then I'm glad to be His Daughter,and creation.
Thank you for your kind reply,and your prayers,I truly appeciate it.
Sparkling_Tears

K

kampanator

You didn't come to a Christian web site for no reason. Sometimes we just need a little motivation from others that share the same faith as you. I'd say look inside your self you already answered your question when you came to this web site. Did you really think anyone here would tell you to turn back to you old life style? Keep your head up, keep you faith up, and you along with God can make it through anything.

J0Y

Mar 7, 2009
Sparkling tears.....
Girl...trials will come our way, it is a sad part of the world we live in and as Christians we are sadly not immune to hard things coming our way. The difference is though, we have a saviour who will take all our cares on his shoulders if we give them to him! God loves you so very very much, so much that he not only sent his son Jesus to the cross so he could have a relationship with you, but also so much that he wrote a love letter about you! Read Psalm 139....he knit you together in your mothers room, he knows when you sit and stand and he has all the days of your life mapped out! That same God is longing for you to continue to cling to him in good times and THROUGH the bad...and I know its hard....especially when you feel God is distant, but keep trusting!! Are you part of a good church/youth group? I strongly encourage you to get involved in one if you arent....seek some support there, ask your youth group leaders all the questions on your mind and ask them to pray with you. The Lord has a mighty future for you, he will use even the negative stuff in your life for HIS GLORY! I know cos that is what he did for me (my bullying testimony is in the testimony forum).
Be encouraged little sister...wicca will not provide what Jesus can! Continue walking with him!!
Luv n PRAYERS
Joy :)

T

Tootles_1

Sparkling Tears I'm going to throw out another possible reason for what you're going through. Satan's whole purpose is keeping us from our Creator. He had you when you turned to Wicca. He didn't have to worry about you advancing the Kingdom of God. Now you've gone back. And you have a beautiful testimony to tell all the world and save others who have gone/are going thru what you did. And Satan does not like that! He absolutely loathes the power you have thru Jesus. And he is going to send everything he has at you to get you to waiver and turn again.

I would like to give you a brief synopsis of my testimony that might help. I grew up in the church as well. However, for many years I suffered from depression. I didn't get the help I needed for many reasons. During the second semester of my sophmore year tho, I reached what I call my breaking point. I had become suicidal and either I was going to attempt suicide or turn for help. And since I'm writing this to you now, I guess you know what I chose. I literally cried out to God. Let me tell you girl, my junior year I thought I was walking thru Hell. My mother and I were always butting heads. I came so close to moving out. I thought I would hate my mother for all my earthly days. I was swamped with schoolwork and I had to fight all the self destructive thoughts that Satan had planted in my mind. And I felt alone at times - I won't lie to you. However, God really did have it all figured out (thanks Pickles!). He already had people placed in my life long before this to show His love to me. Most of them did not know what was going on in my life - a few did. But they were there. Now I tell my mother pretty much everything. It wasn't pretty but we finally learned how to communicate w/ each other. And I can see the hand of God in my life during those times even tho I couldn't see the forest for the trees when I was walking thru it. Please, please, turn to God thru all you're going thru, and seek the wisdom of mature Christians any where/way you can. Do not let Satan trap you in his snare again.

W

wwjd_kilden

Sparkling Tears

Both Jesus and the Wicca are real, otherwise you wouldn't be going though all this turmoil now, However, Jesus Christ is Lord, and he has so much power and LOVE, that the wiccan forces tremble by His name alone! God alone can save you, and Jesus is the only way to God, who loves you eternally. He does not keep track of your sins, Jesus has paid for them allready, the moment you sincerly ask for forgiveness, he has already forgotten them.

Jer 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Do not give up on God, for he will never give up on you!

S

Sparkling_Tears

Thank you all for your replys and prayers.
I knew that people would reply,but lots of people have,and it makes me think, Wow people do care,and if they do,doesn't
God?.
It's very creepy thinking that Satan is attacking me,and other Christians,but since God is more powerful,and if He's
in us,then aren't we stronger than Satan?

Thank you for all the verses.
And thank you for letting me know that I'm not the only one out there feeling the way I do. And for showing me that even if you
fall God is still with you.

I don't want to be linked to a religion that Satan is linked to.
Christianity seems to be the best religion out there,God is the best god.

Thank you all so so much.
Courtney

Jun 29, 2009
Or is He not real,and are me Wicca friends right, did I make a mistake leaving Wicca and should I go back?
Very smart of you to ask that question in a christian forum. Guess what answer you would get in a "Wicca Forum".

The point I'm making is this:
We can't answer that question for you. Only you can answer that question yourself. Don't listen to other people. I would love to tell you that this Wicca-Cult is just rubbish and that you should jave faith in God. And I would love to see you digress from this sect. But then it would be just because you again let someone else make your decisions.

Don't get influenced. People talk a lot and most of them just say what others would like to hear. Listen to your heart and you will know if "He is real". You will feel it.

Jun 29, 2009
I don't want to be linked to a religion that Satan is linked to.
Christianity seems to be the best religion out there,God is the best god.
I don't even know what to say to this. There are so many things wrong in this sentence...
It seems to me that you choose your religion like others buy their cars.
"Oh yeah, that one got salvation from our sins, but on the other hand stuff like eternal ****ation. Maybe I'll go with the Budhism thing, they sure like peace. But I might get reborn as a worm! Oh no! That's it! Hinduism. They feature 3 Gods! And one of them has 6 arms, that's soooo cool."
I am sorry for the sarcasm, but your view of religion is heavily distorted.

T

Tootles_1

I don't even know what to say to this. There are so many things wrong in this sentence...
It seems to me that you choose your religion like others buy their cars.
"Oh yeah, that one got salvation from our sins, but on the other hand stuff like eternal ****ation. Maybe I'll go with the Budhism thing, they sure like peace. But I might get reborn as a worm! Oh no! That's it! Hinduism. They feature 3 Gods! And one of them has 6 arms, that's soooo cool."
I am sorry for the sarcasm, but your view of religion is heavily distorted.
I understand your underlying premise but if you were honestly a mature and wise Christian you would know that she does not need disdainful, bitter lectures but loving guidance and understanding. I hope you don't often sway and cause young Christians who still have a lot of growing WITH God to stumble.

Jun 29, 2009
I honestly apologize for my comment, I was really carried away a little. But only because the matter is so important to me!
And I disagree with your statement. I do not think that she needs "guidance". She had guidance all her life. First by her parents who took her to church, then by this cult. She has to free herself from her dependence of guidance! She has to make up her own mind. Only then she can become a true believer and not just another follower.
Again I am sorry that my comment did sound harsh indeed. I hope that no offence was taken.

S

Sparkling_Tears

I don't feel as though I am choosing my religion like a person chooses their car.
If I am thank you for pointing that out Above.
And thank you Tootles_1 for your kindness and understanding.

I have to admit that although I feel a pull towards Wicca,I feel much more comforted,loved and better as a whole when I have a relationship with
Christ.

W

wwjd_kilden

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Do know, he WILL try to get you back.
- Stay close to Jesus, for only He is mighty to save

Jul 27, 2009
Hey, Sparkling, maybe you wont like my words. But I have to 'say' something.
Being a Christian, or a strong Christin doesn't mean anything. Being a religious person won't give anything. I'm not saying that is not important going to church, or getting involved into a youth group.
You have to know the TRUTH, because only the truth will make you FREE. And the truth has a name, JESUS.
The only way is accepting Jesus as you only Savior and Lord, confess your sins to him, believe in him, trust in him, let him love you. Also, you need to say sorry to your parents about this, as you have said, they are Christian and you need to tell them the truth if they don't know and make things clear.
If you confess your sins to God, he forgives you; but when you confess to someone that can help you and pray with them (James 5:16)

God bless you!

Jul 27, 2009
We all have to develop a relationship with God, He really wants it; otherwise Jesus wouldn't died for us all.
Jesus is with you right now, He wants to be close to you, and changing not only your life, but also the lives of people around you through your life.

God Bless you

"He died fo me, I live for him"

C

carpetmanswife

Sparkling tears, Did you consider That Jesus brought you back to him because he knew what was ahead for you and those you love. God our father knows all of your heart and mind and all that will be. He wanted to be close to you and those you love for these difficulties. Keep the faith ,hope and Love he has given you. You will see the love and hearts desire that is promised. You are in my prayers, God bless. pickles
that is a great answer

Jul 27, 2009
"If you confess your sins to God, he forgives you; when you confess to someone that can help you and pray with them you are healed (James 5:16)"

N

NatelovesTDWP

Sometimes God doesn't answer right away or even for a while because that's his way of getting you to talk to him and keep talking and praying, he's trying to get you to know him better,
hope this helps =]

M

Moll_y

Pray, Pray, Pray.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Jesus is your and everyone's savior. He is the one and only way. Look into your heart, pray daily. Set aside time, even if it's only ten minutes each day to pray to God and to really look deep into your heart. When you truly ask for forgiveness, when you accept Jesus into your heart, God will grant you that forgiveness and wipe the slate CLEAN. That's how much He loves you.