I need to know

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
the question was what more can you tell me about God that is not already written in the bible..as in what is something new that has not been revealed..the fact that you are breathing is not an additional truth to what is in the bible and the bible is all truth..how do you know that Jesus is the Word of God..probably because it tells us that He is in the bible so that is not additional information that is not already in the bible..you had better be careful about how you convey the word of God and make sure it is verbatim or you may be judged on misrepresenting God and His word
verbatim? Truth is what is known, and Truth is the Word of God. Both are True. Those words are not verbatim in the small portion of the Word of God we call the Bible. The Bible is not the whole Word of God, and that is The Word of God.

I don't understand how the understanding of Truth can be put in a verbatim box? And I don't know why you think we have to speak the Word of God verbatim, cause many people see the Word of God, and we preach through example (which is not verbatim), and that's why there's many a different way to speak, and show the Word of God. All of the words I just wrote are The Word of God, because the understanding is known to be Truth, which is known by God, and the understanding of this portion is known by me as well.

Sep 10, 2012
verbatim? Truth is what is known, and Truth is the Word of God. Both are True. Those words are not verbatim in the small portion of the Word of God we call the Bible. The Bible is not the whole Word of God, and that is The Word of God.

I don't understand how the understanding of Truth can be put in a verbatim box? And I don't know why you think we have to speak the Word of God verbatim, cause many people see the Word of God, and we preach through example (which is not verbatim), and that's why there's many a different way to speak, and show the Word of God. All of the words I just wrote are The Word of God, because the understanding is known to be Truth, which is known by God, and the understanding of this portion is known by me as well.
if you are teaching the word of God then you draw out its principles from the Scriptures,but when you are speaking forth God's word you need accurately quote it or else you may be distorting it..whichi is a very serious offence..to distort the word of God

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
if you are teaching the word of God then you draw out its principles from the Scriptures,but when you are speaking forth God's word you need accurately quote it or else you may be distorting it..whichi is a very serious offence..to distort the word of God
I agree that if we are quoting the Bible, it is more helpful to quote the exact words of that version, but the truth is that there are no exact words that we all use, unless we are quoting greek/hebrew/etc. I could quote 10 different versions of the Bible, and some versions although quoted would not help someone to recieve the understanding of those scriptures, especially if they just have another version of the Bible that fits better with their opinions of what the understanding is.

The Bible is a small portion of the Word of God, it's like a mustard seeds worth maybe. The Word of God can be heard by many, but unless they have ears to hear, they are not really hearing (understanding) what is being spoken.

I'm not saying that everything that comes out of my mouth is the Word of God/Truth/from God, but that's the goal.

1Pe 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

I understand you concern, and I agree that one should be very careful in stating that something is part of the Word of God.

Sep 10, 2012
I can never agree that we are God's mouth piece..He has given us His complete word...the bible..and we can speak from the bible about God

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
We have been in the last days since Jesus ascended into Heaven and what is revealed to us in the Last Days is that Jesus is God..only the Holy Spirit can unseal our blinded eyes for us to see that truth...the Holy Spirit is God's seal that shows whether or not we belong to God
True that is what is being revealed to us in the last days, but it is not the ONLY thing that will be revealed to us in the last days.

^i^

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
I can never agree that we are God's mouth piece..He has given us His complete word...the bible..and we can speak from the bible about God
Is it not written that the Holy Ghost is what told the Apostles what to say and what to write? That through the Holy Ghost did they receive what they received. Tell me, is the Holy Ghost speechless today? did the Holy Ghost quit speaking to people after the Disciples? It was the Holy Spirit of God that spoke to them to write what they wrote. The Holy Spirit of God still speaks today as well, does He not?

Are you then saying, that the Holy Spirit can ONLY speak those things that are written in the Bible and NOTHING ELSE? Is that what you are teaching people in your posts? That the Bible is enough, and there is nothing more? Is it not written that if they were to write all that Jesus did, they suppose there is not enough books in the world? What then, the Holy Spirit of God can't reveal, say for example the childhood of Jesus Christ? since that is not in the Bible, i suppose if the Holy Spirit would reveal what the child Jesus was like and what He did at the age of 9, that would then be a demon because that information is not in the Bible, therefore the Holy Spirit of God can't reveal such things. Is that what you believe?

The Holy Ghost will reveal to whomever the Holy Ghost wills. He is not limited to reveal what He will reveal by what is written in the Bible. The Spirit does not say "Oh, I can't reveal that to her, because that information is not in the Bible" lol, as if the Spirit of God is limited what He/She can reveal to whomever they want to reveal it. It is a false teaching to teaches there is no new revelations from God, that belief most assuredly will cause people not to believe the new revelations from God when He reveals them.

Woe to those who do not believe God still speaks to people today, He has always spoke to His children, then, now, and tomorrow as well. For He loves us. The Bible is sufficient 100% for a person to come to Salvation. This does not mean that is all there is to God's revelations, as if because the Bible was put in print, this limits God to speak to whom He desires to speak to. Where in all of Scriptures does it teach that God ceases to speak to people? Nowhere! people teach that, not His Word.

^i^

I

intercessorginger

I can tell you he is infinitely kind and patient. He is better then a Mother or Father and the best friend you will ever have.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
What more can you tell me about God that is not already in the bible?
Do you know the old adage of, me, myself, and I, to be of some truth? You probably have already read some of the things I have written, saying we are made up of three beings. And this is how the trinity is made as well. For we are made in His image, after His likeness.
Heb_4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

A

Abiding

Isn't it written that in the last days what Daniel sealed up would then be revealed. Was the Apostle John not likewise told to seal up things, that would be revealed in the last days. If what they have sealed up, can already be found in the Scriptures, why would there be a need to seal them up until the last days? What they have sealed is indeed new revelation, that will be revealed to prophets in the last days.

^i^
Daniel was unsealed long ago. Last days of what? Old covenant, Israel.

John was told:He also said to me, Dont seal the prophetic words of this book, because the time is near.
And as far as the 7 thunders, it has never been said it would be revealed to prophets.
In fact it doesnt say it will be revealed at all. Nor does it say it was sealed...just says dont write.

U

Ugly

Says caronlineh is banned. I know this happened a few days ago.

Dec 21, 2012
What more can you tell me about God that is not already in the bible?

Of course, anything extra cannot go against scripture in the KJV.

The only thing a testimony would bring is confirmation of His word & His promises to us by living witnesses to give us hope that they are still present today as it was back then for the NT saints.

I'm not referring to signs and wonders either, but His word & His promises to us in helping us live the christian life by faith in the Son of God as our Enabler and our Good Shepherd in following Him.