I Never Knew You

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
This is very confusing, you keep saying for God to know us.

But God already knows us

Can you rethink your idea please.
Matthew 11:28-30
[SUP]28 [/SUP]Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
[SUP]30 [/SUP]For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

If you haven't come to Christ you don't know Him, you just know about Him. Same with God knowing you. He knows about you but doesn't know you.

2 Corinthians 3:14-16

[SUP]14 [/SUP]But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

God doesn't know you until the veil is taken away and you become His.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
John 10:1 ¶ Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

Sin separates a man from God. Only those who have been cleansed by the blood of Christ are reconciled back to God.

We all know POTUS but does he know us? If you walked up to the white house would he know you and invite you in?

That's the position believers have through Christ.

Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

B

BradC

This is very confusing, you keep saying for God to know us.

But God already knows us

Can you rethink your idea please.
What does God know about you? Are you meek like Moses? Do you gossip or criticized others? Do you lay your life down for others as you lose your life? Does God know these things about you? Does God know you or just things about you? God does not think evil of any man, does he know you that way? God is always ministering grace to us because of the weakness of our humanity but do we receive that grace through humility and does God know is to have a humble and contrite heart?

Does God want to know us according to the desires of his heart or according to those desires of our own heart? Just what is it that God knows about us according to his grace and Spirit? Does He look at us and see us according to his own righteousness or our own? God knows us according to those things received from him. Have we received all things that God has for us? If not, then we have much to receive by grace and God has much to get to know about us.

Z

zzz98

What is your definition of 'accept?'
Accept as Lord and Savior? I here that someone can do this, and some people will say they were never saved. How does that work?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Its possible to accept Jesus, yet not be saved? How does that work?
Not if done biblically.

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

homologeho believing what the scriptures teach of Jesus. To think the same as God regarding His Son. This is in contrast to making Jesus what we want Him to be and receiving Him as He is. A contrast to Romans 1 where God accuses men of changing Him into something lesser that a righteous holy eternal God.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

G

Gr8grace

Accept as Lord and Savior? I here that someone can do this, and some people will say they were never saved. How does that work?
Accept~~to regard as true or sound;believe:

I stick with believe. If a person believes solely/exclusively on the work of The Lord Jesus Christ on the Cross for their salvation. They are saved. Acts 16:31

It is the kind of belief that takes out solely,/exclusively that the Lord doesn't accept.

So there are lot of people around who say Jesus+fruit or Jesus+getting rid of sin and have believed this and are not saved or are saved have fallen from the true exclusive faith that saved them in the first place.

Last edited:
G

Gr8grace

Not if done biblically.

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

homologeho believing what the scriptures teach of Jesus. To think the same as God regarding His Son. This is in contrast to making Jesus what we want Him to be and receiving Him as He is. A contrast to Romans 1 where God accuses men of changing Him into something lesser that a righteous holy eternal God.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Roger, have you ever looked into why Paul told these Jews that if they "confess with their mouth the Lord Jesus?"

In the temple the Jew would chant prayers to God, (and Paul had one specifically in mind here, but I forgot what it was!) out loud. Paul was telling these Jews that if they would just understand that Jesus Christ is the God in that chant.........salvation was right upon their lips or in their mouths.

There are many folks who can't speak and can't make a public confession with their mouth.

Faith alone in Christ alone.

E

eternally-gratefull

Its possible to accept Jesus, yet not be saved? How does that work?

How About a valid question?

Is it possible to be saved and jesus not know you?

E

eternally-gratefull

Accept how??

Many people say they have done this. But have never done this in reality. What seperates them from those who truly accept Jesus?

eternallife7

May 19, 2015
The child of the bondservant will never inherit with the child of the free. To be a child of the promise means that we learn to live by the New Testament alone. We all reverace God and want to obey Him that being said we must understand that the Old Testament is the book of death mentioned in 2nd Corinthians. Many people seem not to understand this and assume I speak of lawlessness, but all through the New Testament we are told not to steal, to honor our parents, not to lie etc etc