I think I have OCD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BrokenAndBeautiful

I've never actually been diagnosed with OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) or even seen a doctor about it, but I'm pretty sure that's what's been afflicting me 4 so many years.

It started when I was a little girl... I would HAVE 2 perform these rituals, & I didn't know why. It stopped 4 several years then started up again in my mid-teens. It's gotten progressively worse over the years.

I was always able 2 keep it private, (U know, not having 2 do the rituals in front of people). But recently I haven't been able 2 stop myself in front of my mom. I don't ever know if she notices, but I'm pretty sure she does. She does know about my problem... now most of the people closest 2 me know.

That wasn't always so. I used 2 be so embarassed & ashamed that I couldnt talk about with n e 1. I'm finally able 2 talk about it, but I'm still very ashamed about it. I feel like I'm putting my faith into these rituals. I feel like if I don't do them, something bad will happen. I know logically in my head that it won't, but if I try NOT to do them, I have this horrible, uneasy feeling and I can't take it! I feel awful about it... like I'm betraying God, but I don't know how 2 stop. & I really hate the thought of it getting 2 the point where I HAVE 2 do these things in front of people!

I've prayed 2 the Lord about this many times, but I think extra prayer would help greatly! Please pray 4 me, that this will stop, & I wont feel the need 2 do these things anymore! I don't want ridiculous, time consuming, unneccessary rituals being part of my life anymore! Thank you!

Aug 22, 2009
you need to go straight to the doctors please! someone very close to me hide their OCD for years, and she wound up having a nervous breakdown please! do not be ashamed ask your doctor and go to a talk therapist, or what is called cognative behavior therapy this is nothing to mess around with believe me! I know from personal experience!