If I was a prophet ....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
The promise that happens after the Tribulation

Joshua 1:3 Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given to you, as I promised to Moses. 4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the river Euphra′tes, all the land of the Hittites to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun shall be your territory.
Isn't that part of the old covenant?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Well, it is some of the scriptures from OT concerning Israel in future

Homework time Cameron
OT promises all have found their fruition in Christ. The old covenant no longer exists. Only the new. And the new covenant deals with people on an individual basis, and not as nations. So wouldn't God have to alter the new covenant or provide a new new covenant to deal with Israel as a nation again? Otherwise, there would be a difference between Jew and Greek.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
You're talking about Satan, but this passage actually takes about the antichrist, NOT Satan.
"The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works." The translation you quoted automatically refuted what you said about the passage not being about Satan (and the Antichrist).

So let's get back to the KJV and see that both Satan and the Antichrist are a part of the same package: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders... There would be no Antichrist without Satan alongside him, or even within him. And the only one to restrain them is God the Holy Spirit.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
"The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works." The translation you quoted automatically refuted what you said about the passage not being about Satan (and the Antichrist).

So let's get back to the KJV and see that both Satan and the Antichrist are a part of the same package: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders... There would be no Antichrist without Satan alongside him, or even within him. And the only one to restrain them is God the Holy Spirit.

I'm making the distinction that the lawless one is NOT Satan, so the lawless one is not powerful - he only becomes powerful by Satan AFTER he is revealed, when he is released by the removal of the restrainer.

So this makes me think it doesn't have to be the Holy Spirit who restrains him. If you read other posts in this thread, Michael the archangel makes a good candidate as restrainer. But really, it can be any of the other angels.

I know you're scared, but don't believe the lie just to make yourself feel better about it. It just makes you unprepared for the actual situation: If the end times occur in our lifetime, our generation, you WILL go through the tribulation whether you believe that or not. So what to do? Learn to endure to the end even unto death. This is why the Holy Spirit remains on earth here with us when the great tribulation starts. Your faith in what Jesus did on the cross should also help make you unafraid to die for the Lord when you refuse the mark of the beast.

🍹

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
OT promises all have found their fruition in Christ. The old covenant no longer exists. Only the new. And the new covenant deals with people on an individual basis, and not as nations. So wouldn't God have to alter the new covenant or provide a new new covenant to deal with Israel as a nation again? Otherwise, there would be a difference between Jew and Greek.
Israel-as-a-nation is an old covenant issue - but, only from a perspective based on the promise(s). The idea of God "dealing with Israel" is not really a thing - other than their eyes being opened at/around the time of the Two Witnesses and the Second Coming of Christ. Israel will be a nation again because that is what God wants - they have an important part to play during the Millennium. God did in fact promise and state that Israel would be a nation again. (And, 1948 was not a fulfillment.)

The old covenant does still exist in terms of the promises.

Don't confuse salvation with other things. Salvation for the Jews is as it is for the Gentiles - and always will be in the future. Israel-as-a-nation is a separate thing altogether.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
The promise that happens after the Tribulation

Joshua 1:3 Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given to you, as I promised to Moses. 4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the river Euphra′tes, all the land of the Hittites to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun shall be your territory.
We disagree. After the Tribulation, Jesus returns and the Millennium begins. This is the 7th trump.

In Joshua 1:3, God is restating the agreement He had with Moses in Deuteronomy 11:23–24:

Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying, Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.

- Joshua 1:1-4 KJV
. . . . .
For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him; Then will the LORD drive out all these nations from before you, and ye shall possess greater nations and mightier than yourselves. Every place whereon the soles of your feet shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the river Euphrates, even unto the uttermost sea shall your coast be.

- Deuteronomy 11:22-24 (KJV)

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
The idea of God "dealing with Israel" is not really a thing - other than their eyes being opened at/around the time of the Two Witnesses and the Second Coming of Christ.
Which is actually about 'Jews' rather than 'Israel'.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Israel-as-a-nation is an old covenant issue - but, only from a perspective based on the promise(s). The idea of God "dealing with Israel" is not really a thing - other than their eyes being opened at/around the time of the Two Witnesses and the Second Coming of Christ. Israel will be a nation again because that is what God wants - they have an important part to play during the Millennium. God did in fact promise and state that Israel would be a nation again. (And, 1948 was not a fulfillment.)

The old covenant does still exist in terms of the promises.

Don't confuse salvation with other things. Salvation for the Jews is as it is for the Gentiles - and always will be in the future. Israel-as-a-nation is a separate thing altogether.
I disagree. God brought the nation together, made a covenant with them as a nation, distinguished His dealings with them and the other nations. He called them His people. He even made a point to say to who else was such a relationship given. And in the end, He punished them as a nation.
Spiritual Israel was always in view. They too are a called out people in special and peculiar relationship to God. But they will each give an account of themselves before the Lord alone.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
We disagree. After the Tribulation, Jesus returns and the Millennium begins. This is the 7th trump.

In Joshua 1:3, God is restating the agreement He had with Moses in Deuteronomy 11:23–24:

Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying, Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.

- Joshua 1:1-4 KJV
. . . . .
For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him; Then will the LORD drive out all these nations from before you, and ye shall possess greater nations and mightier than yourselves. Every place whereon the soles of your feet shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the river Euphrates, even unto the uttermost sea shall your coast be.

- Deuteronomy 11:22-24 (KJV)
The7th or Last Trump (Trumpet) ends when the Vial or Bowl Judgement begins for 3.3 years

Israel has never had many of the lands promised to Moses and is yet to come

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
Same promise which was given to Abraham which is to come.

18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, “To your descendants I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Euphra′tes, 19 the land of the Ken′ites, the Ken′izzites, the Kad′monites, 20 the Hittites, the Per′izzites, the Reph′aim, 21 the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Gir′gashites and the Jeb′usites.” Gen 15

FredVB

Feb 26, 2022
Same promise which was given to Abraham which is to come.

18 On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, “To your descendants I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Euphra′tes, 19 the land of the Ken′ites, the Ken′izzites, the Kad′monites, 20 the Hittites, the Per′izzites, the Reph′aim, 21 the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Gir′gashites and the Jeb′usites.” Gen 15
It did happen at one time, too, actually, which Solomon as king reigned over.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
It looks to me like many in the church can't wait to vote for the man of sin.Falling over themselves to have him lead them.

FredVB

Feb 26, 2022
There is not what should be called spiritual discernment in that. We should follow what God has shown for us and trust God more in the things. It is showing that there is observance of what government, with the participation we believe we have with elections, shows for us and trusting the government more in things. What we get are faulty if not very corrupt individuals, who should not be governed less than us, being the government for us.
1 Samuel 8:7

CS1

May 23, 2012
Thus saith the Lord ...

... perilous times ahead bro
The book of Jeremiah is so very much appropriate. So many falsy prophesying what ear want to ear. And will not listen to the coming Fall of what very well may be America. Repentance is the only hope for America.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
What is written cannot be changed. I would look for America to fall before the Tribulation begins or there would be no such person we call the antichrist to make a covenant with many who replaces America.

CS1

May 23, 2012
What is written cannot be changed. I would look for America to fall before the Tribulation begins or there would be no such person we call the antichrist to make a covenant with many who replaces America.
I'm calling on Jesus and going down fighting If My people, who are called by My name, would humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways. Then I would hear from Heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their Land. If America falls all fall, I'm going out fighting.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
I'm calling on Jesus and going down fighting If My people, who are called by My name, would humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways. Then I would hear from Heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their Land. If America falls all fall, I'm going out fighting.

Just wondering, in what way are you going to fight?

🦐