IF the Rapture happens Can I take my cats?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

psalm6819

He's saving souls. Cats do no have a soul.
We are comprised of spirit, soul and body,ie., our spirit which is eternal, our soul which is our mind, emotions,will and our body.
I Thess 5:23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Animals have souls and bodies but they have not the breath of God (spirit check out the original Hebrew)
Genisis 2:7 The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

I don't limit God, if He chooses to restore our beloved pets He can.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Blain:

because i love you, and am concerned about you - i want you to know WITH CERTAINTY (and you can, for God`s Word is True) that there is NO PRETRIBULATION rapture.

therefore, you do not need to worry about your pets being left behind.

because i love you, and am concerned about you - i don`t want to see you led astray into mysticism where there is nothing but danger and deception. spiritual ruin.

it matters if one believes in pretrib because: the whole idea is part of an entirely FALSE construct overlaying the TRUE events and purposes laid out in Scripture.

if what you are saying is why does it matter if one chooses to not care whether what they believe is true or false, i guess the answer for me would be - it does matter, but if they insist, there is little to be done.

at the same time, if they insist, and insist on teaching it as Biblical Truth - it matters suddenly a great deal more....because others are now at risk.

zone.
So you love me by mocking me and making false claims about me?

zone

Jun 13, 2010
So you love me by mocking me and making false claims about me?
i mocked the pretrib doctrine - it deserves to be mocked. it's not from God.

what false claims?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
i mocked the pretrib doctrine - it deserves to be mocked. it's not from God.

what false claims?
For one Zone you say I do not read the word enough and this is why I believe what I believe. And zone, we called to love not mock, did you see Jesus mocking people?

G

GreenNnice

If its up to me, blainers, you can take your cats.
But, I'm not God and God is Love and if I love for you to take your cats, surely, He Loves for you even more to have your cats in heaven, but, just wondering, how are all those cats going to get along with all those dogs there :D

notuptome

May 17, 2013
hi roger

1 Thessalonians 4
The Coming of the Lord
13But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. 15For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord,d that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18Therefore encourage one another with these words.

anything there about a 7 year, or 1,000 year absence from earth, then later a Second Second Coming?
no, this is just talking about the resurrection.
The rapture is a church event and the second coming of Christ is a Jewish event. Like the first advent the second advent is to Israel. The second advent is to rescue Israel from certain destruction.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Aug 25, 2013
The rapture of the church is no joke. God is not to be mocked. If you are a Christian and the Lord comes for His church you will be gone. Your pets if they are locked in your house will likely starve unless you have unsaved friends that come to check on you and break into your house.
Roger
And what if you are an only child with an elderly parent who is left behind? Will your parent starve? There are all sorts of potential ethical issues you raise with your response.

Mar 4, 2013
Matthew 24:29-31 (KJV)
[SUP]29 [/SUP]Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
[SUP]30 [/SUP]And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
[SUP]31 [/SUP]And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

As long as Jesus said that He would come in the clouds after the tribulation, your cat probably wouldn't survive the turmoil even if you did live long enough to hear the trumpet with your own ears.
:rolleyes:Just sayin'