If we are not baptized according to scripture have we received a false baptism?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Graybeard

So you are United Pentecostal or Oneness Pentecostal, Marrion?

I suspected it, in your ridiculous post on makeup, and long hair for women.

I guess it will be now more confusion about the Trinity, next.

My thought is just do a search on the topic of the Trinity, since there are huge threads on it, and we really don't need to go over it again.

Fact is, you aren't going to convert anyone to your nonsense.

So Jesus lied/hid something in the Great Commission?? That is the dumbest twisting of Scripture I have ever heard. Seriously!!

"And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.[SUP]19 [/SUP]Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, [SUP]20 [/SUP]teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matt 28:19-20

This was NO PARABLE!!! it is a COMMAND. Jesus did nothing to hide it - especially since this was after the resurrection, for the disciples and the parables were for the masses before the resurrection. Terrible exegetics!
I wish we could give more likes, so this will have to do!

all-thumbs-up.jpg

R

Reformedjason

Saying that the pastor must say " in Jesus name" is oneness Pentecostal nonsense. It is about your obedience not what some pastor says when your dipped. It goes along with them not believing in the trinity. Did you get baptized out of obedience to Christ , by making a public statement of faith? If so you were baptized properly.

M

marrion

i am of no denomination.
i wish there were no denominations to be honest because they divide us and cause a lot of resentment between people who are supposed to be brothers.
Plus i dont beleive one goes to heaven based on what denomination they belong to.
Our obedience to the word is what counts.
i am a bible believing bible obeying Christian.
God bless you greybeard.

G

Graybeard

where do you see that Jesus said: "as OFTEN AS YE MEET......."????

seriously, where is that Scripture?
although Jesus did not say it directly.....
1Co 11:26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes.

Nov 13, 2013
Apostle Peter baptized using the name of the Lord Jesus:acts 2:38-Apostle PETER, having been given the keys to the Kingdom, commanded the JEWS, saying, “REPENT everyone of you and BE BAPTIZED in the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST for the remission of sins” (Acts 2:38) “and you shall receive the gifts of the Holy Spirit.”
Yet Jesus tells the disciples the following in matthew 28:19:[SUP]19 [/SUP]Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the NAME of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
There is something that has been hidden here which goes in accordance with what Jesus prayed in matthew 11:25:at that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
It is evident that the name of the father,son and holy ghost is in fact Jesus Christ which is why the disciples did not EVER baptize in the name of the father,son and holy ghost which are just titles.
These apostles knew what most religious leaders of today FAIL to recognize.
First: That the NAME of the Lord Jesus Christ is the FAMILY NAME of all Christians both in heaven and on earth (Read Eph.3:15).
Second: There is NO OTHER NAME under heaven whereby we must be SAVED only in the Name of JESUS (Acts 4:12).
Third: That the FULLNESS of the Godhead dwelleth BODILY in CHRIST (Col. 2:9).
And fourth: That BAPTISM must be performed in the NAME of the CRUCIFIED (Read 1 Cor. 1:13).
The Bible tells us that “Whatever you DO in word or in DEED, do ALL in the NAME of the LORD JESUS CHRIST” (Col. 3:17). JESUS even taught us that “REPENTANCE and REMISSION of sins should be preached in HIS NAME, beginning at Jerusalem, unto the uttermost parts of the world” (Luke 24:47).
Father, Son and Holy Ghost are THREE TITLES. Yet there is only ONE NAME. It was revealed unto the apostles that salvation alone goes in the NAME of JESUS CHRIST (Acts 4:12).
My question to any christian is what are the consequences(if any)of not being baptized in the name of Jesus Christ?
Will your sins be remitted and will you receive the Holy ghost if you are not baptized using this specific formula?
Is it a risk you have taken or are willing to take?
would you be open to being rebaptized in the name of Jesus Christ if your previous baptism was different?
I would like to discuss privately if you are willing.

I am not familiar with what/ how you perform it.

Thank you immensely.

Feb 17, 2010
Marion to Baptize in THE NAME.... ONE NAME of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, is to BAPTIZE WITH THE TRUTH.... The WORD OF GOD.... Like I am Baptizing you NOW....

God's Name is: THE WORD OF GOD..... We should baptize IN AND WITH THE WORD OF GOD....There I just baptized you....
Go and READ the Word of God/ His Truth, and the TRUTH shall make you free! OH FREE INDEED!!!!

Oct 14, 2013
Marion to Baptize in THE NAME.... ONE NAME of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, is to BAPTIZE WITH THE TRUTH.... The WORD OF GOD.... Like I am Baptizing you NOW....

God's Name is: THE WORD OF GOD..... We should baptize IN AND WITH THE WORD OF GOD....There I just baptized you....
Go and READ the Word of God/ His Truth, and the TRUTH shall make you free! OH FREE INDEED!!!!

When will you stop this foolishnesss where is the water

Oct 14, 2013
I would like to discuss privately if you are willing.

I am not familiar with what/ how you perform it.

Thank you immensely.

you can perform a baptism properly bt if it is not of the truth that is sound doctrine it is vain

Feb 17, 2010
When will you stop this foolishnesss where is the water
And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Who needs water if you can have this baptism... Oh the Word is also the Holy Ghost..... John 1... in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God..... WOW!!! Isdaniel I just baptized you too... WOW!!!