I'm so lost...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

knh44

It's my second semester of college right now. I originally planned to go to a different college, but ended up at the one I'm at, and am now very thankful for it. The problem is that I came to school for music, and after two semesters, I'm still not a part of the music program, nor will I have the opportunity until after my third semester. After dealing with unhelpful advisors who turned me away and frustrating nights with a class scheduler, I have realized that I can only take one music related class next semester. I'm just so lost. I felt like God was pushing me toward music, but now I'm not even sure. Maybe I just wanted to do it so badly that I made myself believe He wanted me to as well. When I pray, I feel so distant. I don't enjoy feeling distant, and I'm frustrated about this whole situation. I know He has an amazing plan for me, but I haven't been able to see it for months, and now I'm afraid I've gone down the wrong path toward what He possibly wants me to do. I don't know what to do...

S

Strider

first I'm going to pray for you

and second sometimes I feel the same, sometimes I feel like I'm driving blind. But I know, god gave me my thirst for justice, my thirst for what is right, my fierce passion for world events, so for some time now I have know I am needed in law - that it is my purpose .

When i see how bad the world gets, it tears me up, and sometimes I despair deeply - and question my purpose, and the way god allows his people to be treated. But I always come back, god always brings me back to solidarity in my thought and in my heart and my purpose as his born-again son becomes clear once more. I feel distant sometimes too, unworthy also - but it's a good thing god isn't an emotion one has. Know that if you have indeed accepted Christ's blood, and his teaching and lordship, and his resurrection as supreme - then you *are* god's son/daughter. You have been given your passions and strengths FOR A REASON. I can understand your frustration, , re-examine what you are passionate about, what makes you tick? gets you up in the morning? if you find that is still music then keep going, persevere - god bless!

M

mit

I was also lost until I realized that I am unique and will definitely fulfill my purpose in Christ Jesus no matter what time it took. It is confusing to many but nevertheless God did create each of us with a purpose. I think that no matter what you do if you like music it will catch up with you or v.v. We cannot lose what we commit into his mighty hands for he is faithful..

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I say rededicate your life to God and give it all back to Him, let Him take everything so that you can start new. Give it all back to God and tell him to take control of it all. Pray the His will be done and persist for that class in prayer and action. I hope my words have helped. God bless

A

ASK

Maybe He just wants you to pray more.

F

FirstToTestify

I'll be praying for you. Let me just say that everyone feels that way sometimes. I know that I have my moments where I feel like God isn't really listening to me. You should check out the song Can Anybody Hear Me by Meredith Andrews. Anyways, I think you should just really spend some time doing devotions and just talking to God. You should just really take the time to listen to what He has to say, without your own thoughts penetrating the silence. God will show you the way. Even if you find out that music isn't meant to be your career, I would continue it as a hobby. It's just another talent you have been given that you can use to glorify God. :) I pray everything becomes clear for you soon.