interracial relationships and marriages

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pandy72

Do they know that in the bible that Jesus said its wrong to judge people? For them to believe that this person is bad without knowing him is considered judgemental. God doesn't approve that. If they don't know his heart, they have no right to judge his character.
I feel like they're covering up their personal opinions with the bible cause they know I'll listen if it's related to God and the bible. I try to bring this up and I just don't understand why they don't listen to themselves when they bring up stuff about the bible...

Feb 21, 2014
I feel like they're covering up their personal opinions with the bible cause they know I'll listen if it's related to God and the bible. I try to bring this up and I just don't understand why they don't listen to themselves when they bring up stuff about the bible...
We read in Scripture that Moses married an Ethiopian woman.

Sep 6, 2013
Would you mind if I ask how old you are Pandy? What other objections do your parents have against him? Is it race only, or a significant difference in cultures/religions?

Feb 21, 2014
Would you mind if I ask how old you are Pandy? What other objections do your parents have against him? Is it race only, or a significant difference in cultures/religions?
Hi; yes, sometimes what is presented as spiritual conviction can also be influenced by cultural presuppositions; stronger in some parts of the world than others.

Blessings.

P

pandy72

I am 16. It's just that my mom doesn't like the fact that he's white. He goes to church he enjoys singing at church and we had plans that if it was in God's will we would be able to sing together in the praise and worship team. He loves my culture and I love his. We embrace each others cultural differences. We both love that our cultures are different. Now I am willing to wait if what really bothered my family was my age but they just don't like that he's not Asian.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Just really wanted to know your guys opinions on interracial relationships. My mom is really strict about me not dating people of another race and says its because God forbids us to marry people that are a different race from you. She's my mother and I love her, but I can't think help but think that maybe she's wrong. I'm just so confused cause I did some research and I didn't find anything saying that God forbids us to marry a person of another race. Please please please help clarify this for me!
Pandy, we are ALL of ONE "race"--the human race. Whether we're black, white, asian, etc does not and should not matter. The word "race" really refers to a species of something. Like a human race, or a race of feral dogs, etc etc. Some people use the word race in a derogatory manner, to indicate that no other color of people could possibly be better than them. Galatians 3:28 says that we are "all one in Christ." If you're marrying someone of a different faith, I would use wise discernment concerning your choice. Does he believe the same as you, that God is real, that Jesus lived and died for our sins? That we will go to heaven when we die? If he does'nt you may want to consider either not marrying him or maybe try to teach him the truth of the Christian doctrine. Hope this helps. :)

I

IloveyouGod

There is nothing in the bible that is against interracial relationships. As a matter of fact, I know a Priest who finished his PhD in this exact same topic. If you want, I can give you his contact information. :)

Just really wanted to know your guys opinions on interracial relationships. My mom is really strict about me not dating people of another race and says its because God forbids us to marry people that are a different race from you. She's my mother and I love her, but I can't think help but think that maybe she's wrong. I'm just so confused cause I did some research and I didn't find anything saying that God forbids us to marry a person of another race. Please please please help clarify this for me!

G

Grieta

Pandy , I would just like add , that if you find this guy on the same spiritual level as you , then you have ntn to fear . We all children of God , no matter what colour we are. We will pray n u also ask that the Will of God be done in ur life. God will speak to ur mom and make her understand , ask God to open her eyes and that she must be open to correction . Her way of thinkn was obviously influenced by someone elder but we cannot keep living in the days of old.

Don't give up and don't give in too quickly , you won't loose out if you keep your eyes on Jesus. If this be your soulmate then nothing n no1 will destroy the plan of God for yourlls life.( Considering that you both are in equal commitment n obedience to Christ)