Is abortion murder?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 16, 2011
Only to a point. One does not willingly die for a known lie. Especially 11 cowards that ran for their lives. Factor in their are two groups who would have done anything to disprove the resurrection,Peter is preaching in the very same city were Jesus was crucified 50 days later. And is making the claim that Jesus rose from the dead. The scribes and Pharisees knew where the tomb was along with Pilate. If the tomb was not empty all they had to do was say here is the body. If one takes all the facts and applies them the only logical conclusion one can come up with is that Jesus rose from the dead and is who He always said He is. (I will go back through all my notes and will start a new thread on that)
Doesn't mean "god" wasn't just using his power so that they would believe he is "god" and therefore believe he cares about them (cuz he is "god" and "god" says that "god" can't lie) when really he's just playing with them.

There are so many possibilites. Deciding on one for sure is impossible.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Just cuz its a site that supports your beliefs doesn't mean you havta have an attitude about it.
Void,
if you can't look at gruesome pictures of real life people being dismembered and tell me flat-out it's morally wrong; wrong in every way.....without the cutsie dark-side-i-want-to-be-an-anarchist at your age....you have absolutely no credibility whatsoever.

of any kind.

truly, man-up.
k?

i'll check back later and see if you can even say the pictures you've seen provide evidence within yourself that you are moved by murder of babies. if you aren't able to articulate any moral judgment at what you've seen, you have a big big problem.

time to just grow up maybe.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
we know we have a much more serious problem with our society than just the ppl willing to do these things themselves, but others who are too desensitized; too dehumanized; too zombified or just too cool to say plainly

ya

that's murder.

B

Batman007

DarkVoid I'd ignore Zone, she has a really difficult time holding civil conversations and typically resorts to insults when she's met with a fair argument. It's not even worth it.

Anyway, I also agree with you for the most part here. Countless things could have happened to the body in the tomb, and forming one conclusion that it must be a resurrection isn't enough - for me, anyway - to base my life's beliefs around. That is one explanation, but I don't think it's the best one.

As for eye witness accounts, there are plenty of false eye witness accounts on various subjects. That's why evidence holds up much better in court than personal testament.

Jan 16, 2011
Void,
if you can't look at gruesome pictures of real life people being dismembered and tell me flat-out it's morally wrong; wrong in every way.....without the cutsie dark-side-i-want-to-be-an-anarchist at your age....you have absolutely no credibility whatsoever.

of any kind.

truly, man-up.
k?

i'll check back later and see if you can even say the pictures you've seen provide evidence within yourself that you are moved by murder of babies. if you aren't able to articulate any moral judgment at what you've seen, you have a big big problem.

time to just grow up maybe.
As I said before: just cuz something looks horrible does not mean its as bad as it looks.

I admit I don't like looking at those pics. But I know that just cuz I don't like to look at it does not mean there is something assuredly wrong with it

Even pics of animals getting killed for food makes me feel bad.

So you can't use the: "if it makes you feel bad when you look at it, its wrong" thing.

B

BarlyGurl

WOW... 5 days..20 pages... still no resolution????

Jan 16, 2011
DarkVoid I'd ignore Zone, she has a really difficult time holding civil conversations and typically resorts to insults when she's met with a fair argument. It's not even worth it.

Anyway, I also agree with you for the most part here. Countless things could have happened to the body in the tomb, and forming one conclusion that it must be a resurrection isn't enough - for me, anyway - to base my life's beliefs around. That is one explanation, but I don't think it's the best one.

As for eye witness accounts, there are plenty of false eye witness accounts on various subjects. That's why evidence holds up much better in court than personal testament.
Yea, thanks for the advice.

Nice to see another open minded individual here.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Batgirl:)
have you or DarkVoid presented a fair argument for abortion?
or for anything else for that matter?
where, dear?:)
where?

zone

Jun 13, 2010
As I said before: just cuz something looks horrible does not mean its as bad as it looks.

I admit I don't like looking at those pics. But I know that just cuz I don't like to look at it does not mean there is something assuredly wrong with it

Even pics of animals getting killed for food makes me feel bad.

So you can't use the: "if it makes you feel bad when you look at it, its wrong" thing.
oh wow....NOW i get it.
just because it makes me feel bad doesn't mean it's wrong.
just cuz i don't like to look at it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it.

that's the extent of my ability to discuss abortion.
yet i'm on a thread about it, talking to Christians about it.
sort of.

please don't run for public office of any kind in the near future.
thanks.

Jan 16, 2011
Batgirl:)
have you or DarkVoid presented a fair argument for abortion?
or for anything else for that matter?
where, dear?:)
where?
Just for the record: I never said I was for it. I'm just not against it.

I'm NOT saying everyone should get abortions. I'm just saying it is their choice. I'm not gonna tell them they can't or try to make them feel like a murderer.

M

MidniteWelder

Just cuz someone thinks they have the "answers" does not mean they actually do.

It's still interesting to hear people's opinions though.
It's more interesting to hear Gods truths than peoples opinion,
What is it that you seek?
Entertainment or Truth
Which of the two would be wisest for you to be seeking.
If it is truth, then there is only one truth and one place you are able to find it.
If its entertainment, Im sorry but Im afraid you may have set yourself up for disappointment in that respect.
But God does have a purpose for you, a great one, but he may only use you for a great one when you lend yourself to cooperate with him in all ways.

In regards to staying on topic
For those that """feel""" abortion is ok in any capacity I have a question.
Do they feel it is only ok because the child has not been exposed to the outside air yet? Cuz thats really the only difference between one in the womb and a premature birth of the same age not yet to full term.
So why only when its unborn?
Why not after its born too?
Why not at any time afterward up until the age of adulthood?

The reason it is wrong is because it is unjust persecution to the most extreme capacity when the child has committed no crime.
It is making a child who has not been given a choice to pay the price for the irresponsibility of the parent.
Yeah sure abortion may be a convenience that relieves a couple people from their responsibilities, although there is nothing honorable or justifiable about it.
Ask any mother who has ever aborted, the guilt may subside but never seems to goes away.
That is because inside they know its wrong.

---persecution and conviction of no crime with capitol punishment for no reason being the result...since when ever is that okay?

Almost as bad as forcing someone else to take the punishment and die for us when we couldnt handle the consequences of our own actions, of course that someone did so willingly.
An unborn child was never offered the choice.
Hence it is murder forcing another to pay the price for ones own actions

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Just for the record: I never said I was for it. I'm just not against it.
record - null and void.
no position is not a position.
it's either murder or it isn't.
you're either for murder or you're not.
try again.

I'm NOT saying everyone should get abortions. I'm just saying it is their choice. I'm not gonna tell them they can't or try to make them feel like a murderer.
why not?
is it murder?
shouldn't a murderer know he is a murderer?
shouldn't we know what murder looks like?

is it.....or isn't it?
can't you tell by LOOKING?

Re: Is abortion murder?

btw: did you know according to God we have all committed murder?
including you and me?

if you need proof of your guilt, you're on the right forum.
ask. you'll get directions on where to read about it.
and you'll see yourself.

if you can see anything at all.

you and i have a problem.
so does everyone else here.
ask them....what the solution is.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2011
oh wow....NOW i get it.
just because it makes me feel bad doesn't mean it's wrong.
just cuz i don't like to look at it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it.

that's the extent of my ability to discuss abortion.
yet i'm on a thread about it, talking to Christians about it.
sort of.

please don't run for public office of any kind in the near future.
thanks.
LOL this whole post made me laugh.

You are not reasonable.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
LOL this whole post made me laugh.

You are not reasonable.
LOL...good.
i like ppl with a sense of humor.
we need it at times.

you don't know what reason is, dear.
start a thread on reason.

zone

Jun 13, 2010

DarkVoid:
what if there is a Holy Righteous God who is the One you will see?
what would you say to Him, if He let you speak in your defense - concerning all your offenses against Him?

Jan 16, 2011
record - null and void.
no position is not a position.
it's either murder or it isn't.
you're either for murder or you're not.
try again.

why not?
is it murder?
shouldn't a murderer know he is a murderer?
shouldn't we know what murder looks like?

is it.....or isn't it?
can't you tell by LOOKING?

Re: Is abortion murder?

btw: did you know according to God we have all committed murder?
including you and me?

if you need proof of your guilt, you're on the right forum.
ask. you'll get directions on where to read about it.
and you'll see yourself.

if you can see anything at all.

you and i have a problem.
so does everyone else here.
ask them....what the solution is.
I don't see abortion as murder.

Thank you.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
again:

for those who committed this sin before you repented, and were washed and justified, God has put it away and will not remember it any more.

Jesus died for this sin also.