Is blasphemy an unforgiven sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcap

I have been thinking about this for a while.Someone rebels during their teen years or any time in their life,they turn on God and commit the sin of blasphemy.At some point they see the error in their ways and accepts Christ in their life.They go on to become a minister in a church and helps bring thousands of people to God.Will this person not get into heaven because of the un-forgivable sin?I actually know someone in this situation,she rebelled against God and committed blasphemy.Because she thinks there is no way to get into heaven she doesn't see the sense in turning her life around.I don't know what to tell her.

Jun 19, 2009
Blasphemy against God is not the unforgivable sin. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is.

S

skeletor

I don't want to seem to pretend to know everything about christianity, but it seems if you are worried about it, you didn't do it. If you feel numb to it, you probably are in dangerous grounds

Jun 19, 2009
So every Christian should worry untill they die?

W

worldlover

form what i've heard, it is an unforgivable sin

Mar 26, 2009
I believe so, but I'm not exactly well versed so...

Jun 19, 2009
Wait wait wait, she blasphemed GOD not the Holy Spirit right?

A

Aliciaforjesus

Wait wait wait, she blasphemed GOD not the Holy Spirit right?

Yes but understand that blaspheme of the Holy Spirit means unbelief in the Holy Spirit and Jesus!

The word says that the world will be judged by their unbelief, this is the unforgivable sin, blaspheme of the Holy Spirit is not Accepting Jesus!

Jun 19, 2009
What about if you say some of the stuff written in the Bible contradicts other stuff written in the Bible because I use to think that way? Is that an unforgivable sin?

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
I have a question. Since blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable does it mean someone guilty of it is destined for hell?

A

Aliciaforjesus

What about if you say some of the stuff written in the Bible contradicts other stuff written in the Bible because I use to think that way? Is that an unforgivable sin?

If you change what was written in the Bible from the original text your in trouble!

Let me ask you this question?
If your Father was teaching you to ride on a bike for the first time, and you fell off, what do you think would happen? He would brush you off and say try it again, He might even tell you, what you did wrong, and then show you the right way. At some point you learn to ride the bike together!

Our heavenly Father is the same way!

He is patient,
He is kind,
He did not send His Son to condemn us,
He is willing to go the extra mile with you!
He knows our struggles with sin, that's why He sent His Son Jesus!
We all fall short of God glorious standards, and what the Law could not do, God did through Jesus and it's by our faith in Him who has no sin, that we become righteous. It's His righteousness that we wear! Ours are but filthy rags!

The only unforgivable sin is not believing in Jesus, which means no Holy Spirit living within.
Jesus died to send the Holy Spirit, so that whoever believes on Him shall not die but have everlasting life. The Holy Spirit is that life and is that eternal life who lives within you the moment you believe in Jesus! At that moment you are no longer subject to the law of sin and death, you are changed, not by what you did or did not do, but because God choose to reveal Himself to you and you believed!
Like Abraham! It is the circumcision of God, a seal to a promise.
Those who are like Abraham, have had Jesus revealed and can no longer look at sin the same way.
Like Paul, I try to do right but no matter what I try I always do what I don't want to do!
Are we any different than Paul?
Paul said the answer to the problem of doing what you don't want to do, is Jesus!
Trusting in the one Who knew no sin and died for your weaknesses and your burdens,
He knew we would all fall short and He loved us enough to send His Son!
His grace is sufficient for the torn in any ones flesh!
Those who love the Lord want to shed those things that hinder us from hearing from our Heavenly Father, not because of condemnation and fear of going to hell, but because of the Love.
Perfect Love cast out all fear!
God is Love, and love is what changes things!
So when we love like God has loved us, then people see Love and they find God!

Jan 31, 2009
Mr 3:28Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:Mr 3:29But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal ****ation:

M

mcap

Mr 3:28Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:Mr 3:29But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal ****ation:
So does this mean no forgiveness,or by saying "is in danger of" can you be saved?I am asking because I am worried about my friend and also myself.

E

eringobrea

And that should pretty much wrap it up right? It does for me.

AliciaforJesus, are you saying you believe in eternal salvation; once saved always saved?

Jun 19, 2009
Eringobrea how does it wrap it up for you? Do you know what blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is? I do not.

A

Aliciaforjesus

And that should pretty much wrap it up right? It does for me.

AliciaforJesus, are you saying you believe in eternal salvation; once saved always saved?

I believe a persons name can be taken out of the book of life, that is what the word says.

A

Aliciaforjesus

Eringobrea how does it wrap it up for you? Do you know what blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is? I do not.

Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is not believing in the Son Of God, Jesus!
Which died and rose again to send the Holy Spirit, the representative of Jesus, to the children of God as promised in the scriptures.

The world will be judge by this!
Belief or unbelief of Jesus!
This is the unforgivable sin of Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, unbelief!

Jan 8, 2009
Think about what you are saying AliciaforJesus, logically.
If not believing in Jesus is the unforgiveable sin of blaspheming the Holy Ghost, as you say.. then any unbeliever has no chance of being forgiven!! Ever! How can they then be ever saved?

Read your bible. In context speaking against the Holy Ghost, was attributing Him and His works to the devil.

Jun 19, 2009
Ok so here's a good question for you guys I have an illness (panic disorder) and someone told me a demon or satan might've been causing the panic attacks what if it was the Holy Spirit trying to bring me closer to God? Basically can you committ blasphemy against the Holy Spirit out of ignorance or bad use of words?

A

Aliciaforjesus

Think about what you are saying AliciaforJesus, logically.
If not believing in Jesus is the unforgiveable sin of blaspheming the Holy Ghost, as you say.. then any unbeliever has no chance of being forgiven!! Ever! How can they then be ever saved?

Read your bible. In context speaking against the Holy Ghost, was attributing Him and His works to the devil.

Then you need to tell my Bible college instructor, He wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.