Is cursing bad?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 1, 2012
Would you curse infront of God?

"But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth." Col 3:8
i was told (recently, after previous post, person who told me that has an Interlinear Bible) that this is applied by using it in the context we all know.

e.g if you told someone to f--- off, you would be going against Colossians 3:8

e.g refer to cases in previous post about explanation and something/someone scaring you. i don't think is going against Colossians 3:8

S

Sef_Yo

Cursing is bad. In a way that it will badly affect our witness in Christ. How will you respect and believe a Christian who holds a habit of cursing?

Also, we were told by Jesus to live blameless lives to be the best witness we can be. :)

I've been told in the church one good way to determine if something is right in the eyes of the Lord. And it is knowing and acknowledging that we pursue Christ-likeness and, thus, let's ask ourselves, "Will Jesus will do the same if he was still alive today?"

It is said in the Bible that whatever comes out from your mouth is what is in your heart. Friends, please let us represent Jesus in the very best way we can

God bless you all! :D

Mar 1, 2012
2 Ki 18:27 But Rabshakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not
sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?

Isa 36:12 But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?

LOL. Piss back in King James' time wasn't a bad word, society may look down on it and all, but society isn't always right.LOL
i accidentally found another one in the KJV. i was at a bible study group last night and we were asked to find Hebrews 12 and read a few verses. i had read the previous reference out, so i didn't read this one. good thing too. right in the middle of the reference.

But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Hebrews 12:8 (KJV)