is it ok to have an opinion?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
- shouldn't we all be believing the same thing though? that seems the most logical way as the bible has been written.

- and aren't muslims more fanatical than Christians? they pray 5 times a day as opposed to us Christians who only pray once except that it last a lot longer, one continuous prayer.
well, maybe not exactly the same, but we should be in the same area. sometimes it seems we are 100's of miles ( or kilometers) apart.

F

fantasiafelice

A man’s heart deviseth his way: But the LORD directeth his steps. - Proverbs 16:9

People need to form preferences and opinions. We need to make decisions. We can't be completely passive. Daily, we have decisions to make like what to wear, what to eat, which foot to put forward first when we take a step.
can't god guide us in what ever we do?

god works through us, meaning he guides our foot, he helps us make decisions, he chooses for us what is best,

such is my understanding.

May 15, 2013
is it ok to have an opinion or is that self centred?

i would like my opinions to be centred around God and Christ not what i think as an individual

i'd talk about what i think Jesus would think if he were here, or God.

even though i know they are here in spirit.

so it would not be my opinion it would be theirs.
God has given everyone free-will.

P

Pax

- shouldn't we all be believing the same thing though? that seems the most logical way as the bible has been written.

- and aren't muslims more fanatical than Christians? they pray 5 times a day as opposed to us Christians who only pray once except that it last a lot longer, one continuous prayer.
Jesus Christ came to die for all of us. It all come to a decision that one has to make to follow Jesus Christ teachings including the Muslims. A person of a different faith and believes has to accept Jesus Christ as his personal redeemer and saviour. It is said Philip prayed 1000 times a day to a point that his knees developed a thick layer that looked like ä camels knees'.

An attitude of unceasing prayers will be good for the Christian community.

F

fantasiafelice

God has given everyone free-will.
free will to do everything in his name, and in his honour

free will to seek him out and follow his faith?

free will to do as he would do?

what is free will anyway? what does it mean?

john832

May 31, 2013
is it ok to have an opinion or is that self centred?

i would like my opinions to be centred around God and Christ not what i think as an individual

i'd talk about what i think Jesus would think if he were here, or God.

even though i know they are here in spirit.

so it would not be my opinion it would be theirs.
I am very opinionated about certain subjects, but when it comes to scriptural teaching, my opinion must acquiesce to the truth revealed in the scripture.

Now if you want to discuss which breed of dog is best, I am very opinionated

Same for brand of bicycle and best caliber for deer hunting.

F

fantasiafelice

doesn't God know whats best?

is it Gods will or Free will that we should listen to?

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia

Alone Intimacy with God is fantastic but also to speak with an delight yourself in Him throughout the day is also very important :) Always be willing to be attentive to the Holy Ghost :)

Aug 25, 2013
The problem is the way the Bible was written actually causes people to develop conflicting opinions. If you visit Wikipedia you will find an extensive list of Christian denominations under the heading: List of Christian Denominations by Number of Members. I was going to copy and paste the list, but it is huge.

Not all Muslims pray five times a day. Some probably do not pray at all, but yes there are a lot of fanatical Islamists out there. Not even the Westboro Baptists can compete with that kind of craziness.

nl

Jun 26, 2011
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,
And He delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the Lord upholds him with His hand. - Psalm 37:23-24