Is It Possible To Go 24 Hours WITHOUT A SIN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 11, 2013
@jgps
when you know something is wrong, yet do it anyway, this is sin, so no its not random-
Judgment is a sin when your motives are wrong - do you judge to make yourself look better -
Judgment is dangerous when it is unfounded because as you judge you will be judged. Even in that case it isn't sin per se, but it is ill advised.

When you don't know something is wrong and yet it is wrong and you do it it is still sin. Though I suppose your point is that if you know something is sin and do it its worse than sinning because you don't understand?

what I wrote has to do with the heart - the heart is deceitful and filled with all kindest of wickedness -
What you wrote where several different ways of expressing covetousness. Covetousness is a sin and something to be gotten rid of, I hope you at least agree to that?

I wrote to point out we are not completely sinless, even if you don't commit any outward sins your heart will still seek after what it wants
This is why you focus your wants on good things. If you have an issue with covetousness then it is a problem that needs to be addressed, not something to shrug off and say 'well everyone does it'.

because of our sinful nature -
I would be quite entertained to have you properly explain what exactly you think that is and what its implications are. I expect I'd find your explication either in agreement with my view or wind up being entirely scriptural.

I expect you're using that term because many Christians use it, but you have not actually thought out the details of any particular doctrine.
Are you greater than the apostles and the prophets?
You seen to have no intention of understanding our point of view do you? This question isn't relevant to the discussion.
I haven't seen anyone boast of their Sun-
What an odd statement.

though I have seen people admit they are flawed, and for you to mock their struggle may not be sin but it is extremely bad form,
I tell them that they should not continue to sin, and that if they have a problem with sin they should develop a plan to end that problem. I do not hold their hand and tell them it is okay to sin because everyone does it and they can't do any better.
look at me, I'm perfect, and your a dirty heathen -
No one has done such a thing. It would be interesting to see where you get that idea. This simply seems like another demonstration of your unwillingness to have a decent conversation.
Can you honestly say that is not the same attitude of the Pharasies?
Certainly I can honestly say it. I gave you part of why the difference is so vast. Re-asserting your question without adding evidence doesn't accomplish anything.

And if it's not it's still ugly
Sin is ugly, and those who want to say, overtly or implicate, that its acceptable to sin because they can do no better are promoting that ugliness.

Rather than be complacent in sin it is best to overcome it and get rid of it. It is a part of the Christian walk, and it is foolish to say that it is not.