Is Pope Francis right about atheists can go to Heaven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kenthomas27

I heard that Pope Francis says that even atheists can go to Heaven if they follow their conscience. what does that mean? is it true?
In the hopes of putting this very stupid argument to rest, Pope Francis... "declared that all people, not just Catholics, are redeemed through Jesus, even atheists."

P

paulsfam4

The conscience of men is sin, in God's book that does not cut it.

R

Richie_2uk

If my sister believes in God and Jesus is that enough so she can enter Heaven? She doesnt like how the Bible doesnt like gay people.
Believing is one thing, but acting on the belief is more better. Anyone can believe in something. But acting upon something shows more faith and dedication. I would suggest that you ask your sister to repent. Ask for forgiveness, and accept Jesus as her Lord and saviour. Because the time is short. Only god can save, and if you want your sister to be saved? then the step has to come from her.

Who is the Pope to make claims like this? He will be going against God. And anyone who is against God? well sorry to say, but he/she is an anitichrist. and you know were any denial of God comes from.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 14, 2014
I heard that Pope Francis says that even atheists can go to Heaven if they follow their conscience. what does that mean? is it true?
God can break the hardest heart. I cant say its true, I cant say its not but who knows? God's grace changes everything

O

oldernotwiser

For all you know, you could live to be a centenarian. :eek:
i doubt it lol, im 75 now and have been given an approximate checkout time by the medical establishment 4 to 10 years. (stage IV prostate cancer works slower than most but it works well). i actualy have a post about that on Ron's Notes From China - Welcome. its from a couple of months ago, "getting old in an internet driven world.
'