Is putting someone on Ignore,really ignoring them?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SunshineGirl

Jan 6, 2024
England
Some people have a lot of tenacity, so sometimes it works to ignore, sometimes it does not and it just makes it worse, in real life I have learned narcissists hate being ignored.

Having said that they will often find another victim but until they do they may persist.

Off topic I guess. Hopefully what you state tends to be the most common result.
With a narcissist you thank the Lord for opening your eyes to them. Then you ignore them by doing this you take the power away from the narcissist. Nothing good will ever come out of being around a narcissist so I would say cut them off completely.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
With a narcissist you thank the Lord for opening your eyes to them. Then you ignore them by doing this you take the power away from the narcissist. Nothing good will ever come out of being around a narcissist so I would say cut them off completely.
Oh, I am well schooled in their psycho-pathology, agree completely.

Dec 9, 2011
I don't have no ideals behind my decision. I just don't care enough about stuff that is said on an online forum to bother putting anybody on ignore.

All the people here whose opinion I would care about don't say stuff that make me want to put them on ignore. The people that say such stuff don't really matter enough to me to go to the trouble of figuring out where the ignore button is.
Do you ever look at who left an emoji response on your post where It says “show all“ or do you just look at the emojis and not look at the “show all” button?
The reason I ask Is because most people like to see who left an emoji.🙂

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Do you ever look at who left an emoji response on your post where It says “show all“ or do you just look at the emojis and not look at the “show all” button?
The reason I ask Is because most people like to see who left an emoji.🙂
I check my reactions at the top right, mostly to see who quoted my post so I can see what they said in reply. I usually scan right over the reactions. If somebody leaves a reaction not typical for them and it jumps out at me, I'll investigate further.