Is she out there

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lyman

I titled this as such because I am very new at behaving like a god centered man and this is a totally new way of life for me. I really desire to meet a warm hearted christian woman that is strong in her faith and will not judge me because I led a life of selfish excess in terms of drugs, alcohol and sex. I sometimes think that it is unrealistic to dream of this fairytale woman who falls in love with the positive qualities I possess and can see the wonderful transformation the lord has made in my life. I am forty-nine and I pray every day that god will put that woman into my life. God is first in my life and always will be, but it sure would be nice to make that walk with him with his gift to me by my side.

Jul 25, 2005
This isn't something anyone on here can answer.

What we can do is pray and empathize. I too want the same as you do and understand what it is like to feel lonely, though probably to a lesser extent seeings as I'm in an earlier stage of life.

It's tough. It seems unfair much of the time. But you seem to be in the right frame of mind: focus on God and being a gift to her as much as she is a gift to you.

Jul 25, 2012
I titled this as such because I am very new at behaving like a god centered man and this is a totally new way of life for me. I really desire to meet a warm hearted christian woman that is strong in her faith and will not judge me because I led a life of selfish excess in terms of drugs, alcohol and sex. I sometimes think that it is unrealistic to dream of this fairytale woman who falls in love with the positive qualities I possess and can see the wonderful transformation the lord has made in my life. I am forty-nine and I pray every day that god will put that woman into my life. God is first in my life and always will be, but it sure would be nice to make that walk with him with his gift to me by my side.
It would be. But some of us will have to make that walk alone...

Aug 4, 2012
Yes, I think people can and will look past the history of one's life if they are really meant to. We all are on different journies with God and some paths have more side trails than others. The trick is to wait for God to bring that person into your life. It's easy to fall back into the "settling" cycle when it comes to dating but if you truly want the relationship to be blessed by God and for your past not to haunt you every step of the way, then it has to be on God's time. Yes, it is easier said than done. Trust me, I am on that journey with you. But I truly believe that His plan has got to be the best for me, because all I do is screw things up on my own. Good luck on your journey.

U

Ugly

Lyman, so many non-Christians and new believers forget that many Christians come from bad backgrounds before they got saved. I bet you there are Christians on this site with worse backgrounds than you. Don't be caught up in who you were, look to your life now and who you are now. Just let the new you show, and any good woman will appreciate you for who you are now and your current walk with God and not hold your past against you. And any woman who would hold your past against you isn't worth your time anyways.

H

Holyartist

I think asking if "she" is out there is quite general. Yes, there are women that can look past your past. Whether or not you locate the one that can make that spiritual/emotional/intellectual/physical connection with you depends on a lot of factors. Be the man a woman can love and trust and the right one will be able to set aside your past. Your history is certainly not the only thing that you have to offer.

S

shirley

I AGREE WTH HOLY ARTIST ;YOUR PAST IS YOUR PAST IM NO ANGEL EITHER BUT YOU KNOW WHAT ; IM THE TYPE THAT DONT LOOK AT WHAT OR WHO THEY WERE ; I LOOK AT THE EXPECTATION OF HOW THAT PERSON FEELS ; AND UNERSTANDING AND LOVE MUST COME BEFORE ANY OTHERS PAST ; IVE BEEN MENTALY ABUSED BUT IM WORKING ON A NEW START ; I DONT EVER BELIEVE GOD REMEBERS ALL OUR SINS ; WE ARE ALL NEW IN CHRIST ; I PRAY GOD FINDS ME A TRUE GODLY FRIEND WHO LOVES ME FOR WHO I AM NOT A MODEL BARBIE DOLL OR A MAN WHO UNDERSTANDS ME LOVES ME REALLY LOVES ME ; ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN OVERNITE ;WAIT ON GOD SHE WILL COME ALONG ILL PRAY FOR YOU OK DONT WORRY ABOUT YOUR PAST OK WHEN GOD FINDS THAT LADY IM SURE SHE WONT LOOK AT WHO YOU WERE BUT WHO YOU ARE NOW SHE WILL LOVE YOU OK GBU