Is The Mosaic Law Beneficial For Those Who Have Faith?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Hi - I have been looking over some of your posts while I was away. Don't you see that Jesus summarized the Law and the prophets in one concise statement, namely, Love God and neighbor. So to even mention the Ot sacrifices and the laws of the Old testament is to mention shadows.

Heb 10:1 ¶ For since the law has but a shadow of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities, it can never, by the same sacrifices which are continually offered year after year, make perfect those who draw near.

Jesus Himself told us ---
Mt 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mt 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mt 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mt 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mt 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Is this really so hard to understand - Jesus cut through all of the mind numbing analysis for us. He told us how to fulfill the law - Love God and neighbor.

Mt 5:17 ¶ Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mt 7:12 ¶ Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

I understand your reluctance to change from your long held traditional viewpoint. But actually we all do when we learn new things.

Respectfully - Brian
Is any flesh other than Christ's ever able to please God?
Are we called to walk in God's Spirit or Flesh?

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
It Helps to see the over all process of what God is doing. He is conforming followers of Christ Jesus into the image of Christ and each person He receives He disciplines or scourges, Heb 12:6.

Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
(KJV)

Well, if there were no discipline or law (rule) to break how could God be justified in scourging anyone. Just to punish people? Of course not. God's discipline, as it applies to Christians, has a very definite purpose,.... to conform us into the image of Christ.

This is the concept of 1 Cor 11:32. We all need to repent or change. God does not change so that means we have to change.

Before some Christians get upset at the concept of keeping the rules, remember if we "love" (whether we understand the Ot allegorical references or not), we keep all the rules as Gal 5:14 says, and Gal 5:14 is at towards the end of the discourse where Paul refutes the keeping of the shadows of reality (physical circumcision) and not the substance (circumcision of the heart).

Brian
I understand discipline and have gone through it never once liking it, and now today I accept it. because it has changed me more so to the image of Christ and stopped error in me that took place in me through puberty, as what is not uncommon to mankind.
Had foreigners gangrene, lost. was cut off, stripped of my penis, Today I accept it as discipline, because lust of the flesh is gone, no penis. And I did not misuse this puberty and ever actually harm anyone. Anyway, it was hard to accept as a reality in my life, and today accept it as truth it is what it is and has by God made me closer to God, through trusting God.
I have to pea through Catheter's in a new hole in between my but and balls. God is good, and am still learning to glory in this new way in living here on earth
As Job, I will not curse God or ever change my mind in belief to God through Christ. My redeemer has already lived here on earth and risen. I believe and know I am safe and secure in Christ's finished work at the cross
Thank you for all your posts

brmicke

Sep 6, 2012
Hi Homeward bound - Amazing! I am familiar with excruciating/prolonged pain as well.

I sometimes rely heavily on the following verse -

Pr 20:30 ¶ The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

Mt 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
(KJV)

With great respect - Brian

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Hi Homeward bound - Amazing! I am familiar with excruciating/prolonged pain as well.

I sometimes rely heavily on the following verse -

Pr 20:30 ¶ The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

Mt 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
(KJV)

With great respect - Brian
Brian, thank you for the encouraging words from the word. I agree and trust. Trusting God I have not as of ever left the trust, upset many a time along the way, always have ended accepting whatever life has dealt me, and I have suffered much in the body, over many issues and always have stood back up.
This last issue was the toughest I have ever gone through, emotions were trying to get the best of me, and de-rail me into what I call stinking thinking. I have worked all my life, was only disabled 100% one time before and that only lasted three months.
Been Choked to death, well turned blue in the face and dropped as dead, did not die, been stabbed in the back, punctured lung, collapsed lung, gone off a bridge in a dune buggy, Tire machine blew up in my face and by the way the tire wrapped my chin, I should have been de-capitated, fortunately somehow my hands got in the way and got it off my face in time. Been robbed at gunpoint, fought the robber=, got my head bashed in from the butt of the gun, and still somehow won the fight and saved the money. Knocked to the ground with a pair of brass knuckles and a gang up on me kicking and beating me, somehow threw them off and drove away with broken ribs and nose. Not the first time been in a brawl with a gang. Took a 30 foot drop down an elevator shaft and lived.
I was by the Doctor to my Mom was not suppose to be born, after she had a miscarriage, then had me when she was 43 and we both live she until she was 88 and was not suppose to according to the Doctor.
Anyway not to go on and on, but I am here for a reason, and that reason is to tell all of the love of God period.
For God just loves us all, if we could all just get that as a basis, GODJUSTLOVEYOU. I think we all could and would learn from each other and grow in this love of God and actually love each other even if we disagree
And I am glad no matter what I know the future "GOD WINS" as has already through the cross

Mar 3, 2013
Thanks, You can't answer my question, Instead come off with an attack.

Typical legalistic attitude. I can;t answer them, so instead I will attack them.

Not going there.

Tell me how to obey a law which just states DO NOT COVET? You say I am demanded to do this, But HOW?? IT DOES NOT TELL ME HOW..

That is NOT a foolish question. NOR is it trying to cause division. It is a BASIC QUESTION. SO CAN YOU ANSWER IT OR NOT??
The Bible DOES tell you how not to covet, as well as everything else you need in life. The key is to study ALL of it, and know and communicate with our Lord intimately - daily - constantly. Of course, if one thinks he/she has a good close relationship with the One and Only Most High God, but has a little knowledge so their mind is closed to His still small voice thinking they know it already, that individual is in grave danger of being turned over to a reprobate mind for refusing to hear.

But to the wicked God says: "What right do you have to proclaim my laws or take my covenant on your lips, when you so hate to receive instruction and fling my words behind you? Psalm 50:16-17 (CJB)

If you want to rail against me when all I posted was scripture telling you that foolish discussions are a waste of time, believe me, you are the one with a problem.

Romans 15:3-4 (KJV)
[SUP]3 [/SUP]For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Dec 26, 2012
The Bible DOES tell you how not to covet, as well as everything else you need in life. The key is to study ALL of it, and know and communicate with our Lord intimately - daily - constantly. Of course, if one thinks he/she has a good close relationship with the One and Only Most High God, but has a little knowledge so their mind is closed to His still small voice thinking they know it already, that individual is in grave danger of being turned over to a reprobate mind for refusing to hear.

But to the wicked God says: "What right do you have to proclaim my laws or take my covenant on your lips, when you so hate to receive instruction and fling my words behind you? Psalm 50:16-17 (CJB)

If you want to rail against me when all I posted was scripture telling you that foolish discussions are a waste of time, believe me, you are the one with a problem.

Romans 15:3-4 (KJV)
[SUP]3 [/SUP]For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
How about putting that within context please

Romans 15

15 We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. 2 Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up. 3 For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.”[a] 4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, 6 so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7 Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. 8 For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews[b] on behalf of God’s truth, so that the promises made to the patriarchs might be confirmed9 and, moreover, that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written:
“Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles;
I will sing the praises of your name.”[c]

10 Again, it says,
“Rejoice, you Gentiles, with his people.”[d]

11 And again,
“Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles;
let all the peoples extol him.”[e]

12 And again, Isaiah says,
“The Root of Jesse will spring up,
one who will arise to rule over the nations;
in him the Gentiles will hope.”[f]

13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.