Is the story of Adam, Eve, the Garden of Eden and the snake to be taken as literell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JoelG

Joel, what makes you think Noah and his family and the ark and animals were located in the Middle-East pre-Flood? We know there was a continental drift sometime in the past. Evolutionists and 'progressive' creationists would put say that event took place 100+ million years ago. But if we go from the Bible, that's not possible. Therefore, the only time the continental drift could have happened, without killing all people and every land-dwelling animal, is during the Great Flood of Noah's time.

Some where in you post here you say "could have happened", that means we do not know what really happen. I say it was the middle east because of the description of where the Garden of Eden was that was given in Genesis. Genesis mentions location, naming rivers and such. And also, god mentions seas andseperating land with water calling them sea and such.

After Ice age, after the retreat of the ice; there are signs in North America the land was carved by the ice. When I was in Oregon I wondered why there was giant boulders laying around the country side. I later read that when the ice retreated the boulders were left in those places, as the ice carried them; which makes sense. Also there are Mammoth fossils found in the north.

Say that is not possible if you go by the bible. Exactly my point. No mention about continents forming after the Noah in the bible. That would surely be something that man would have put in the bible if it was witness.

You do know that there is that possibility that the bible was created by man and not God. If the Ark was just floating around endless water with no land in sight, how convinient that they landed back where they started. Where do you think the Garden of Eden was located?

The animals that live on the north and south pole could not travel to the ark no matter where it was. It would be too far for the ones in the north or south to travel to it. Even it were on the equator, the temps would be to hot for them to survive. A Walrus, can you imagine; the task of walking to the Ark on dry land?

Why are people even on this site? If you are going to take the bible at face value, why bother to look at outside sources. So many things in the bible are impossible to believe. Starting with the creation. The only explanation we know is that god said let it be and there it was, not more detail than that. This is almost like a Genie could do. They put a whole lot of creation with just, let there be an it was done.

Your idea that the continental drift happen after Noah is the first time I heard of that. Fossil records of human bones can tell us where people were and how they migrated. And, to believe that all the animals on earth walked out of the Ark and walked to the lands they inhabited is absurd. You would think that would have offspring scattered all over not just in certain areas like penguins in the Antarctica. How could they survive anywhere else.

Perhaps this is why see have Atheist. The bible is a hard to swallow. The stories in the bible are just as unbelievable as believing that Santa Claus circling the Earth in 24 hours. Yes, if there was a God anything is possible, forget the laws of physics.

I am a borderline Atheist, I came to this site because I have not abandoned my faith in Jesus.
I am trying real hard to believe that we have a creator in heaven like the one mentioned in the bible. But, what I find here on this site that is that you literally have to accept the bible without questions; otherwise it does not hold water.

Where would the water recede to if the world was covered by water? And if the mountains formed after the flood, that would mean that the first part of Genesis is not true. Because it mentions let there be land. Go figure. And since no one has ever seen a mountain range form, all that must have happen billions of years ago, and not since Adams days. Or it would have been mention in the bible.