Is what I'm doing wrong as a christian??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
U

Ugly

I've had depression 25 years. That doesn't sound like depression to me.
We can all sit here and pretend to diagnose the problem, but, as i said before, no one knows. And chances are the OP won't be able to do anything about it anyways.
And whatever her problem is a song is not likely to change her.

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
I have an older sister that is extremely hard to deal with. I try my best to forgive and love as God says but it's hard. I don't mean to make her sound bad but heres the truth. She is 21 living with my parents with no intention of moving out. She spends almost all day in her room and only comes out to eat. As a family, my parents and I try our best to communicate with her. She has a hard heart though I know she loves us because in the end we are family. She always calls my parents and I names such as the B word and says F you to us. She dared to hit my parents before and once she gets angry, she begins to throw things around the house and breaks things. Sometimes I get along with her but I have to really try because she constantly calls me names and says bad things to me and I have to ignore them to get along with her. We are once again not on speaking terms because she gets mad very easily. Thing is, the reason I don't like being around her is because she puts me down, makes me feel bad about myself and constantly swears and calls me names. She is my older sister and I still love her as a family but is it wrong to not want to spend time with her?

In Psalm 104:9, it says "Set boundaries, love from a distance, and keep yourself from harm." So in honest truth, is loving her as a sister yet not communicating with her wrong?
Thank you.
Sounds to me like she just needs slamming against the ground. A little TOUGH love is what is needed here.