ISIS could be the "Beast from the Sea" of Revelation 13

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
The first commandment is the most important to God.

Exodus 20:

[SUP]3 [/SUP]“You shall have no other gods before Me.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; [SUP]5 [/SUP]you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God...

Now I want you to see the succession of false worship from the previous 7 beast kingdoms and how they are related, including the symbols that they follow:

Crecent and Star.jpg

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
From Egypt to Babylon, to Rome and Ottoman they all worship the sun and moon. The symbol of Islam is the crescent and star. It is in many of their flags and tops all their mosques.

Flags.jpg

Throughout the ages, they all worship the same.

Dec 18, 2013
From Egypt to Babylon, to Rome and Ottoman they all worship the sun and moon. The symbol of Islam is the crescent and star. It is in many of their flags and tops all their mosques.

View attachment 140008

Throughout the ages, they all worship the same.
That's even more a reason why Islam is not the Beast, but is just another pagan lie. Remember Mohammad's dad's name.

Daniel 11:37-38

[SUP]37 [/SUP]Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
[SUP]38 [/SUP]But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
The last generation. A generation is from father to son.
Last generation - yes. But a generation is not from father to son as in 20-30 years. My generation is from the 60s. My generation continues until we die. My generation is not over. Look at Jesus' quote again.

[SUP]34 [/SUP]Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

The generation which sees these signs will by no means pass away until everything happens. Personally I think the generation that saw Israel become a nation in 1948 will not pass away until all things take place. My dad was born in 1938. He is 77 now and still alive. He remembers WWII. He remember Israel becoming a nation. He now has seen the start of ISIS, the 8th and final beast. ISIS declared the final Caliphate in June 2014. They are to continue 42 months then the Man of Sin will appear which many call "AntiChrist." He will direct that all Muslims follow ISIS (Revelation 13).

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
That's even more a reason why Islam is not the Beast, but is just another pagan lie. Remember Mohammad's dad's name.

Daniel 11:37-38

[SUP]37 [/SUP]Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
[SUP]38 [/SUP]But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
ISLAM is not the BEAST!! ISLAM is the HARLOT. ISIS is the BEAST. There are two concepts being discussed.

I've got to run to church my young friend. More later.

Dec 18, 2013
Last generation - yes. But a generation is not from father to son as in 20-30 years. My generation is from the 60s. My generation continues until we die. My generation is not over. Look at Jesus' quote again.

[SUP]34 [/SUP]Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

The generation which sees these signs will by no means pass away until everything happens. Personally I think the generation that saw Israel become a nation in 1948 will not pass away until all things take place. My dad was born in 1938. He is 77 now and still alive. He remembers WWII. He remember Israel becoming a nation. He now has seen the start of ISIS, the 8th and final beast. ISIS declared the final Caliphate in June 2014. They are to continue 42 months then the Man of Sin will appear which many call "AntiChrist." He will direct that all Muslims follow ISIS (Revelation 13).
A generation is father to son. Genesis 5.

As for the Islamic State, they have been given power that they may provide a testament against both islam and the secularist. To defy powerful empires and break nations. Their time soon expires and soon they shall be shattered.

Dec 18, 2013
ISLAM is not the BEAST!! ISLAM is the HARLOT. ISIS is the BEAST. There are two concepts being discussed.

I've got to run to church my young friend. More later.
Islam is not the harlot nor the Beast. For the harlot is the city drunk on the blood of the prophets where our Lord and Savior was crucified.

Enjoy your day at church indeed and be not troubled at the wars, for all must pass.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
The 4th kingdom in Daniel 2 & 7 is Pagan Rome.
the beasts in Revelation 13 are in the opposite order to Daniel 7

Daniel has the order of:-
1) Lion
2) Bear
3) Leopard

4) Dragon

4The first was like a lion
5And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear
6After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard,

7After this I saw in [the night ]visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly;
and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it:
and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Revelation 13:1

1) Dragon

2) Leopard
3) Bear
4) Lion

And [the beast] which I saw was[ like] unto a leopard,
and his feet were as the feet of a bear,
and his mouth as the mouth of a lion:

John, in Revelation 13, sees, not four beasts, but one beast. Not a leopard, but like a leopard

—possessing all its cunning, cruelty and speed. But it also possessed
the dominant characteristics of the two other most powerful beasts

the royal splendor and kingly power symbolized by the mouth of the lion (Babylon);

the ponderous strength symbolized by the feet of the bear (Medo-Persia);

and the speed, cunning and cruelty of the leopard (Greece)

1 head of gold. Chaldean Empire. (626 BC-539 b.c)
Neo-Babylonian Empire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Babylonian_Empire

2 breast and arms of silver Medo-Persian Empire (550-330 b.c.)
Achaemenid Empire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achaemenid_Empire

3 belly and thighs of brass greco-macedonia-Alexander the Great (336-323 b.c.)
Alexander the Great https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_the_Great

4 the two legs of iron roman empire-capitals Rome and Constantinople.(31 b.c.-a.d. 476)
Roman Empire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire-

John was writing Revelation sometime around 64 AD.

[and it had ten horns] what became of after Rome, or it teritory

john sees 7 beasts forward, same as the 7 last horns of daniel,
starting with 4 th little horn, from ten horns, of danials forth beast kingdom.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
A generation is father to son. Genesis 5.

As for the Islamic State, they have been given power that they may provide a testament against both islam and the secularist. To defy powerful empires and break nations. Their time soon expires and soon they shall be shattered.
Of course a generation is from father to child. My point is a generation lasts 70-80 years. This has been the case since before King David (Psm 90).

As for your comments about ISIS, you say:

"they have been given power that they may provide a testament against both islam and the secularist. To defy powerful empires and break nations. Their time soon expires and soon they shall be shattered"

How is this different from this?

“Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”
[SUP]5 [/SUP]And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. [SUP]6 [/SUP]Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.
[SUP]7 [/SUP]It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe,tongue, and nation.

In the above we have a short period of reign. We have no nation being able to defeat them thus far.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
Islam is not the harlot nor the Beast. For the harlot is the city drunk on the blood of the prophets where our Lord and Savior was crucified.

Enjoy your day at church indeed and be not troubled at the wars, for all must pass.
(SMILE).

The Harlot is a false religion; not just any false religion but the MOTHER of them all. Why is this False Religion the Mother? Is it because she gave birth to all other false religions? Is it because she is the biggest false religion? Or both?

ISLAM is the largest single false religion in the world. 1/4 of the world follows Islam. Islam has roots all the way back to Babylon (and I'd argue, Babel). The way they worship is the same as the way the Babylonians worshiped. Compare Daniel 3 to Rev 18. Is there a passage that discusses a group (in this case - religion) that has dominion over 1/4 of the world which kills for their faith? You betcha.

[SUP]7 [/SUP]When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come and see.” [SUP]8 [/SUP]So I looked, and behold, a pale (GREEN) horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.

Check your Greek, it's not a pale horse, rather it's a green horse. The Greek word is "Chloros" which is the same word used to describe the trees and grass in Rev 8. So why did the translators in 1611 use pale in the above but green in Rev 8? Because they lacked context that we have today.

The color "Green" represents Paradise in Islam. Why is this significant? Because they willing die killing those who don't follow their faith thinking they are going to Paradise. But they are not going to Paradise. We are told that "DEATH" rides this horse and that Hades (not Paradise) follows them. Who is DEATH?

Rev 13: The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority.
1 Cor 15:
[SUP]26 [/SUP]The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.
Rev 20: [SUP]10 [/SUP]The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.

SATAN is DEATH. SATAN is a murderer. Name another religion besides ISLAM that is going around murdering those who will not follow their faith (ISLAM) in the numbers we are seeing today.

How are they killing? By sword (war), by hunger (the poorest nations are Islamic) by death (Bio and Chemical weapons are now being sought by and developed by ISIS) and by "the beasts" of the earth. Beasts are nations and there are 58 predominately Muslim nations, many such as Iran, are state sponsors of terrorism - death.

Then we are told in Rev 20: Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast (ISIS)...

Who beheads for their faith?

Don't get held up on the City which is destroyed. It is Mecca. The text does not tell us that the prophets are killed in the city, read it again:

[SUP]24 [/SUP]And in her was found the blood of prophets and saints, and of all who were slain on the earth.”

In Her (Babylon) - ISLAM - was found the blood of prophets and saints. Where were they slain? On the earth, not in the city.

Babylon = Islam

Mecca is the "capitol" of ISLAM and Mecca will be destroyed most likely nuked (either by Iran or ISIS).

Last edited:

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
The 4th kingdom in Daniel 2 & 7 is Pagan Rome.
the beasts in Revelation 13 are in the opposite order to Daniel 7

Daniel has the order of:-
1) Lion
2) Bear
3) Leopard

4) Dragon

4The first was like a lion
5And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear
6After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard,

7After this I saw in [the night ]visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly;
and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it:
and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

Revelation 13:1

1) Dragon

2) Leopard
3) Bear
4) Lion

And [the beast] which I saw was[ like] unto a leopard,
and his feet were as the feet of a bear,
and his mouth as the mouth of a lion:

John, in Revelation 13, sees, not four beasts, but one beast. Not a leopard, but like a leopard

—possessing all its cunning, cruelty and speed. But it also possessed
the dominant characteristics of the two other most powerful beasts

the royal splendor and kingly power symbolized by the mouth of the lion (Babylon);

the ponderous strength symbolized by the feet of the bear (Medo-Persia);

and the speed, cunning and cruelty of the leopard (Greece)

1 head of gold. Chaldean Empire. (626 BC-539 b.c)
Neo-Babylonian Empire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Babylonian_Empire

2 breast and arms of silver Medo-Persian Empire (550-330 b.c.)
Achaemenid Empire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achaemenid_Empire

3 belly and thighs of brass greco-macedonia-Alexander the Great (336-323 b.c.)
Alexander the Great https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_the_Great

4 the two legs of iron roman empire-capitals Rome and Constantinople.(31 b.c.-a.d. 476)
Roman Empire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire-

John was writing Revelation sometime around 64 AD.

[and it had ten horns] what became of after Rome, or it teritory

john sees 7 beasts forward, same as the 7 last horns of daniel,
starting with 4 th little horn, from ten horns, of danials forth beast kingdom.
Where does the Beast of Revelation 13 come from? The SEA, right? John is giving us the location of the final beast as the same location of where Lion, Leopard and Bear were from, which incidentally is to the north of Israel.

13 Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea...

John wrote Revelation around AD 95-96, not 64. Those who argue 64 are those who think Nero was the "AntiChrist" and they think his number was 666, which is crazy because you can make just about anyone's name come out to 6-6-6 using Roman numerals, but I digress.

John tells us of a succession of kings or kingdoms. The Beast is one beast with 7 heads. 5 of these heads were historical to John, one was current - Rome. The 7th was the Ottoman Empire which was mortally wounded, then we have the 8th which continues a short time. How short? 42 months.

[SUP]9 [/SUP]“Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. [SUP]10 [/SUP]There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. [SUP]11 [/SUP]The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition.

T

tanach

13 Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name. [SUP]2 [/SUP]Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority. [SUP]3 [/SUP]And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast. [SUP]4 [/SUP]So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?”

[SUP]5 [/SUP]And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months. [SUP]6 [/SUP]Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven. [SUP]7 [/SUP]It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. [SUP]8 [/SUP]All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

[SUP]9 [/SUP]If anyone has an ear, let him hear.

I believe all this imagery can be explained by using the meanings from the OT prophets as John wrote Revelation in code so that only Christians familiar with OT writings could understand. Most of the above passage uses symbols from Daniel.

First it is important to understand what a "beast" is:

Excerpts from Dan 7:

[SUP]17 [/SUP]‘Those great beasts, which are four, are four kings which arise out of the earth.

These "BEASTS are KINGS or KINGDOMS. Now where is the REV 13 beast from?

[SUP]2 [/SUP]Daniel spoke, saying, “I saw in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the Great Sea. [SUP]3 [/SUP]And four great beasts came up from the sea, each different from the other. [SUP]4 [/SUP]The first was like a lion... ...[SUP]5 [/SUP]“And suddenly another beast, a second, like a bear... ...[SUP]6 [/SUP]“After this I looked, and there was another, like a leopard.

History tells us who these "BEASTS" were:

Lion = Babylon (Iraq)
Bear = Medo Persia (Iran)
Leopard = Assyria (Syria)

Thus the "Beast from the Sea" was like Syria, his feet like Iran and his mouth like Iraq (ancient Babylon, ancient Babel, the birthplace of idol worship which is false god worship). So, this is the region to watch and indeed is the region where all the trouble is coming from. We are told "they make war against the Saints and overcome them." This is happening right now as Christians in the region flee and are virtually non-existent in these three countries.

So, a Satanic power will arise which practices a false religion (ISLAM), who wages war against the Saints and defeats them who themselves nobody can (successfully) wage war against. Look at all the different nations who are trying to defeat ISIS yet have not succeeded.

Now here is where almost every modern scholar gets it wrong. It is NOT every nation on the planet that ISIS will have authority over, it is every Muslim nation. The Muslim people will become so impressed over the power that ISIS displays and over how ISIS is able to stand up against all the major world powers who come after her like the USA, Russia, France, etc. Thus ISIS will unite the Muslim world like we have not seen since the Ottoman Empire (the head that was mortally wounded).

What false religion does this beast carry? ISLAM of course which is Mystery Babylon, the great HARLOT (False religion) that John sees in the wilderness (Mecca, by the Red Sea). What does this beast do to ISLAM?

She hates it, she destroys it, devours it. She turns it from a peaceful faith to a killing machine faith on all those who will not follow.

Rev 17: [SUP]16 [/SUP]And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire.

Has ISIS taken over the ISLAMIC religion and turned it into something else? This something else is bent on murder. Friends we are now 1.5 years into the 42 month reign of ISIS. The worst is yet to come. The Man of Sin is only 2 years away from being revealed. We all need to pray.
There are over four hundred references in Revelation that tie in with OT passages. I wish people tried reading them.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
There are over four hundred references in Revelation that tie in with OT passages. I wish people tried reading them.
meaning what? If you have something to say, please say it.

Jan 24, 2012
I doubt it. The CIA created, funded, and leads ISIS. It's an animal that can be stopped at anytime.

Think about it. As regular, everyday Joes and Janes in the US, you could go out and kill THOUSANDS of American citizens in one day at Disney World. You could destroy supply lines, important resources. You could EASILY poison public water supplies. You could do one of these things in just a matter of hours without any real planning or preparation.

But no, "ISIS" runs a super sophisticated operation across one of the most populated, busy cities in the world....And kills less than 200 people.

To better put this number in perspective, within this month in Chicago alone, there has been:

21 people shot and killed.
133 people shot and wounded
154 total people shot
and 23 total people killed.

You mean to tell me that these people can construct incredible networks on the Deep Web and they aren't smart enough to really outshine the US's monthly averages for inner-city murders across the country?

T

tanach

meaning what? If you have something to say, please say it.
ISIS is the latest beast candidate from a long line of historical organisations and individuals. A few decades ago it was Saddam Hussain. I believe that the beast empire will be centered on the middle east because the bible prophecies
concentrate on that region and are related to events affecting Israel, not because the latest bunch of terrorists
are grabbing the headlines. No one at present can identify the beast empire because it is not in existence ay present.
The book of Daniel is an imortant book but without the rest of the Bible we dont get a full picture of what john wrote in Revelation.

eternallife7

May 19, 2015
We Christians kind of need to wake up and realize that when everything is tolerated in the world except Christianity we are living around a very demonic culture.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
I doubt it. The CIA created, funded, and leads ISIS. It's an animal that can be stopped at anytime.

Think about it. As regular, everyday Joes and Janes in the US, you could go out and kill THOUSANDS of American citizens in one day at Disney World. You could destroy supply lines, important resources. You could EASILY poison public water supplies. You could do one of these things in just a matter of hours without any real planning or preparation.

But no, "ISIS" runs a super sophisticated operation across one of the most populated, busy cities in the world....And kills less than 200 people.

To better put this number in perspective, within this month in Chicago alone, there has been:

21 people shot and killed.
133 people shot and wounded
154 total people shot
and 23 total people killed.

You mean to tell me that these people can construct incredible networks on the Deep Web and they aren't smart enough to really outshine the US's monthly averages for inner-city murders across the country?
I think you are misinformed. This story claims 10,000 killed by ISIS thus far.

Report: ISIS Has Killed 10,000-Plus Since Declaring Caliphate

But the death count this early on is not relevant to whether or not ISIS could be the Beast of the Sea. ISIS has only been around for 17 of 42 months thus far. The killing is likely to increase as they obtain chemical and biological weapons. However, the scriptures do not tell us how many people the BEAST of the SEA kills, we are only told that they take over the Muslim world and kill any who will not follow them or swear allegiance to them.

Most of those they kill will be Muslims and thus far most indeed have been Muslim. Rev 13 is written mostly about Muslims. Yes, they do also "overcome the Saints" but this phrase is pretty vague and likely applies only to Saints within their territories. Here is the real clue:

And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. [SUP]8 [/SUP]All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Notice it is only those whose names have not been written in the Book of Life who will worship the BEAST. And who are those people? They are followers of ISLAM as we see at the 4th seal. The real killing doesn't start until the Beast from the EARTH appears at the 42 month mark if you read on in Rev 13.

[SUP]15 [/SUP]He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

His power is over 1/4 of the planet, not the entire planet as many think.

[SUP]8 [/SUP]So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.

Satan (and his Muslim hordes) have power over 1/4 of the earth now. They are snubbing out Christianity in their part of the world. This "Sea" of Muslims have completely surrounded Israel and where Christianity once flourished, it has now all but been extinguished.

Interesting also that the drawers of the above map drew it in GREEN just as the fourth seal is the GREEN (Chloros) horse and not the Pale Horse.

PlainWord

Jun 11, 2013
ISIS is the latest beast candidate from a long line of historical organisations and individuals. A few decades ago it was Saddam Hussain. I believe that the beast empire will be centered on the middle east because the bible prophecies
concentrate on that region and are related to events affecting Israel, not because the latest bunch of terrorists
are grabbing the headlines. No one at present can identify the beast empire because it is not in existence ay present.
The book of Daniel is an imortant book but without the rest of the Bible we dont get a full picture of what john wrote in Revelation.
Agreed, hence the title of this post is "ISIS COULD be the Beast..."

There is a big difference between Saddam Hussein and ISIS. First Saddam never declared that he was starting the final Islamic Caliphate. Secondly, Saddam wasn't going around publicly beheading Christians and airing it on Youtube.

You have to look at ALL the descriptions given to the Beast of the Sea. The location of the Beast Empire from the Sea is clearly to the North of Israel and is clearly supporting the biggest and/or oldest "harlot" (false) religion which it has or will distort then destroy. This Beast Empire will eventually require all within its influence to worship (serve) it or be killed. This Empire beheads saints.

Look what has already happened:

1. ISIS Declares New Islamist Caliphate - WSJ
    ISIS Declares New Islamist Caliphate - WSJ Jun 29, 2014 ... ISIS formally declared caliphate, the establishment of a new Islamic state, on Sunday and demanded allegiance from Muslims worldwide.

You have a religious state demanding allegiance from all Muslims. Saddam never did that nor was he particularly a religious figure. Next look at the timing. June 29, 2014 was the first full day of Ramadan. This is significant in that Ramadan is supposed to be a time of fasting, forgiveness of enemies and restrain. Instead ISIS made it a call to war already corrupting their faith.

It is very interesting that the Beast of the Sea is said to continue 42 months, instead of the timing being given in days or years. The Islamic calendar is lunar based entirely on 12 cycles of the moon being 1 year which is 354 days or 11 days short of our solar calendar. Lunar is a root of the word, Lunatic. "They are insane with their idols", as Jeremiah writes about the "mixed peoples" which are ARABS (Jer 50). The Moon is not to be worshiped (Exo 20) yet it is the symbol of Islam.

Then the BEAST from the EARTH will arise showing great signs and wonders and causing Muslims to worship the BEAST from the SEA (North). This could happen in 2 years if ISIS is indeed the Beast. We shall see...