issues with modern practices

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MissCris

I think you're the first person to actually answer the question I asked, haha. Thank you, that was really helpful :)

May 2, 2011
I would like to take some time and address some things I consider issues.

1st. When we pray...

2nd.1. I noticed that our two major christian holidays, Jesus birth and resurrection both have imaginary people or creatures surrounded in fake magic that we tell our children is real. I believe it is dangerous to tell your children santa is real at the same time we are saying Jesus is real, when they get older they see one is fake, will they correlate them together? also we take a holy day and we make it about monetary gain. we don't say be good cause God will know, we say be good cause Santa will know. When did Santa become the judge? Have you ever noticed that Santa is the same name as Satan except you move the N back 2 spaces? Santa lives in the coldest climate in the world commanding a legion of creepy goblin like creatures that spend their time making objects to covet for children and weaving a net of lies that we teach as truth.

2.2 easter bunny. We often tell kids it is real and clearly its rediculous and we make it about candy. I just think its kinda weird that both of Jesus's holidays are filled with fake creatures we tell our children are real that they have no hope of believing in when they become of an accountable age.

thanks for bearing with me on what no doubt some people will laugh and scoff at.
-just some thoughts. Be safe and GOD bless
Christmas and Easter are the roots of Baal Worship [today]. See the Thread on the Bible Discussion Forum:

What is BAAL Worship Today?
Link -->> http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/28861-what-baal-worship-today.html

I will update that thread as there is more to say. Please contribute to the thread. Your
observations are correct and are really only the tip of the iceberg as it pertains to ancient
pagan traditions and how they are practiced today. The Bible references them, but is
very cryptic in it's references and descriptions. Without being 'extra-biblical' the history
of these traditions and practices, as referenced in the Bible is, and should be a real eye
opener.

M

MrsSunflower

Very good post Deadtosin. :)

I did notice also about Santa's name having the right words for also becoming Satan, if putting the words right in it. I call him normally Santa Claws, and I dislike anything about him and his followers during Christmas time. In a kindergarden I was working at; I remember I asked a child why we celebrate Christmas, and the child said: "Because it is Santa's Birthday!" :( I didn't like hearing that. Makes me sad how much more focused there is nowadays about Santa, and the easter bunny during Easter Time, whilst Jesus is getting lesser and lesser, even many other Christians are open for spending those holidays with Santa and the Easter bunny in mind.

Lately I am no longer much interested nor enthousiastic about celebrating much of these holidays anymore. We do celebrate Christmas together one day, and then most other days are more or less normal for us, except of if the family of my husband invites us over to them, etc... And about the Easter, we might eat a bit extra good things, yet we don't celebrate it. Although I think what Jesus did for us, should be something we are to remember and being grateful about everyday, and not mostly during that time. I most prefer having it quite simple, and I am much more fond of staying home with my dear ones than going to a huge celebration with many people. ;) :)

Last edited:
N

needmesomejesus

I never found anything wrong with it. I mean children as they grow older learn that neither are real and its just innocent fun. Calling them satanic is a bit much don't give the enemy credit that shouldn't be attributed to him.:) As much about the prayer I totally agree. I hate praying out loud to be honest cause I feel awkward and sometimes i feel that sometimes it can get to your head. Like people saying you're a good prayer and asking you to pray can get you all high and mighty.

Aug 18, 2011
I would like to take some time and address some things I consider issues.

1st. When we pray, it is a direct communication to GOD and though we may sometimes pray together I think for the most part it should be done privately, but furthermore I notice far to often that when people pray outloud often while they pray they bring up things they want people to reflect on later. Like going back over lessons of doctrine : example " Lord I pray that all of us remember these words that we said yada yada" "I pray we take the time" etc. Talk to GOD through prayer not eachother.

2nd.1. I noticed that our two major christian holidays, Jesus birth and resurrection both have imaginary people or creatures surrounded in fake magic that we tell our children is real. I believe it is dangerous to tell your children santa is real at the same time we are saying Jesus is real, when they get older they see one is fake, will they correlate them together? also we take a holy day and we make it about monetary gain. we don't say be good cause God will know, we say be good cause Santa will know. When did Santa become the judge? Have you ever noticed that Santa is the same name as Satan except you move the N back 2 spaces? Santa lives in the coldest climate in the world commanding a legion of creepy goblin like creatures that spend their time making objects to covet for children and weaving a net of lies that we teach as truth.

2.2 easter bunny. We often tell kids it is real and clearly its rediculous and we make it about candy. I just think its kinda weird that both of Jesus's holidays are filled with fake creatures we tell our children are real that they have no hope of believing in when they become of an accountable age.

thanks for bearing with me on what no doubt some people will laugh and scoff at.
-just some thoughts. Be safe and GOD bless
BINGO!
You can't expect children to tell you the truth if you don't tell them the truth and as you pointed it it takes any credibility that we do put on Jesus away and instead puts it on the fictitious character for that season. So far as a personal relationship with Jesus is concerned your right it IS personal and personally I think that's the best way to have it for we are all judged according to our works.

Selah

S

Steve4U

About PRAYERS:

Deadtosin, you're da man. So I'm never gonna disagree with anything you say. But I wonder if, at the base of it you're actually a little tired of weak prayers. I think a few of us would have been in that situation, where we're gathered together for prayer and someone luke-warm has a long weak prayer and we're burning inside and end up kinda grieving in spirit for what might have been... (and pray for them on the way home.)

Agreement is the power of prayer, although I spend hours by myself.

Anyway, thanks, sorry to interrupt - back to your discussion.

God bless you all.

S

Steve4U

p.s. fluff bunnies and chocolate is BORing next to ressurection and chocolate at our house; and

...every day is Christmas.

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
your opinion is duly noted, these are thoughts I've had for sometime now. I describe them like goblins because they are small, pointed ears, pointed creepy shoes, just similarity's and I am of the belief that any such deception was created by the king of liars, and if someone were to argue that it was based off of saint nick I would say any great lie is based around some sort of truth. Rat poison is 99percent good food.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I object. I bet some elves have amazing shoes!

May 2, 2011
Going back to where this whole thread started (cuz I don't feel like starting a new one anyway :p ), can we get some opinions about Christians celebrating Halloween? Since there's not even a Christian basis for that one, should we go along with it and dress up and trick-or-treat?

I grew up doing that, and I think my mom tried to impress upon us that as Christians, we shouldn't dress up as anything dark or gruesome; that we were never to even pretend to be witches or whatever. Now as a mother myself, I don't know that I want to let my son be involved in it at all, despite feeling like it didn't do any damage to me as a child and I understood the difference between good and evil (therefore also God and Devil).

What do other people think about this?

See the specific thread in this forum:
HALLOWEEN THOUGHT
Link -->> http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/31186-halloween-thought.html

and for a general discussion of Idolatry and BAAL in it's many forms; Holidays, Music,
Sports, Entertainment, Materialism, see this Thread in this Forum:
WHAT IS BAAL WORSHIP TODAY?
Link -->> http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/28861-what-baal-worship-today.html

and for an even more fundamental review of the spirits and demon forces, take a look at
this Thread in this Forum:
SEVEN DEMONS, SEVEN DEADLY SINS
Link -->> http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/27587-seven-demons-seven-deadly-sins.html

Mar 18, 2011
:) I enjoyed rereading over all of your posts here :)