James and Paul do not contradict

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
James is not saying an induvidual MUST bear fruit. He is saying HE WILL. As Paul said, We are saved by grace through faith, and not of ourselves. But those who are saved, will do the work God created them to do. he also tells us in titus, we were not saved by any good deeds (works of righteousness) we have done, but by the washing and renewal (new birth) of the Holy Spirit.

Pauls letter was to an audience who were being bombarded by those trying to add works, and also who came from a pagan society which preaches works is a means to appease an angry God. James on the other hand was speaking against people who claimed to have faith, but only had mere belief. he told them that hearers of the word only, but not doers, who have no works, their faith is dead.

Since they did not have the works Paul said they would have, they would not be saved. One can not be saved by mere belief.
The fruitless branch (the one that does not abide in the vine) will be cut off, wither away since it has been severed from its life source, and it will eventually be cast into fire.
John 15:2- Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
John 15:6- If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

This is a warning against backsliding.

E

eternally-gratefull

When one is born again they are not perfect. They need to be perfected. What they are though is no longer rebellious to God. The rebellion has ceased and in its place is a willingness to yield to the instruction of God whereby one may grow.

Thats funny, Scripture tells a different story!

Hebrews 10:14
For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

Sinless perfection will not occur until we die and ascend into heaven ourselves. While we asre on this earth, we are being sanctified, growing to be like Christ. But through our justification, whihc happens by faith, we are perfected in Christ.

You get the point? we do not perfect ourselves. God perfects us, He did it with his death!

E

eternally-gratefull

The fruitless branch (the one that does not abide in the vine) will be cut off, wither away since it has been severed from its life source, and it will eventually be cast into fire.
John 15:2- Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
John 15:6- If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

This is a warning against backsliding.
No, Actually this is a warning to those who think they are Gods children (namely jews at that time. which is who jesus was talking to) but are not abiding in the true vine, As paul said in romans 11. These unbelieving jews, who did not believe in Christ,. we cut off for unbelief. Thus what Jesus said was true, and came to fruition just as jesus said it would in those passages you posted

What you have to realise is, You will never, not a day in your life, be at the point you could earn salvation. If you can never earn it, how could you ever lose it? this does not make sense.

Now. those who do not have faith, or return to the world in unbelief. Scripture makes it clear. these people were never saved. Thus they could not lose salvation.

Saying one can lose salvation is a dangerous thing, because it means salvation ius dependant on us. and not solely on the death burial and ressurection of Christ.

May 2, 2011
[/font]
It is important to be very specific in defining faith. "Faith Alone" is a protestant term that implies that men are saved via a "passive trust" in what Jesus did on the cross. Yet the Bible does not teach any such thing.

Hebrews 11 is a very important chapter in regards to faith for it clearly illustrates that faith = doing.

Faith is a total conviction in the mind that something is true and is thus becomes the dynamic mover behind action.

It is through the action of yielding to God that salvation is wrought in the soul. There is nothing passive about it. The grace of God BRINGS salvation by teaching men to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts, to live soberly and uprightly in the present age (Tit 2:11-12). That is what the Bible teaches. This grace BRINGS the salvation and this grace TEACHES.

This grace is EFFECTUAL when we WORK TOGETHER with God (2Cor 6:1). Thus if we refuse to work together with God the grace is received in vain or to no effect. Hence DOING is key. Faith is the DOING aspect of our salvation.

It is the implanted word that saves the soul. It has to be RECEIVED (Jam 1:21) in order that the soul be saved. All filthiness and overflowing of wickedness has to be LAID ASIDE first in order for the implanted word to be received. This is because the works of wickedness is the rejection of the word. One cannot reject Jesus and receive Him at the same time. This is why REPENTANCE is crucial for it prepares the heart for salvation.

"Faith Alone" completely removes this dynamic from salvation. If the dynamic of "working together with God" is absent then there will be no salvation. Salvation is not some abstract pie in the sky book keeping entry. Salvation is a literal present state of walking in the Spirit of God by faith overcoming the works of the devil. Salvation is pure holy living where we walk in accordance with the Creator. We are in fellowship with God.

What the Reformers have done is displace the ritualistic errors and sacraments of the Catholic Church with the error of forensic salvation. They forsook one false set of teachings and replaced them with another.

It is a masterful work of Satan who has been able to convince untold millions of people that they are saved whilst they are still in rebellion. He has been able to totally disconnect the deeds done in the body from the state of the soul.

This was the error John was speaking against in his first Epistle. If you read the Epistle in its entirety you will see that John was teaching that deeds matter. He taught that what we do is a manifestation of who we are. Jesus taught the exact same thing but spoke of bearing fruit.

The doctrinal error of Original Sin lies at the root of all this heresy. By redefining the nature of man and by putting sin as a substance of the flesh as the root of actual rebellion it completely undermines the ability of man to forsake rebellion in repentance. Thus on this basis salvation is necessitated to be forensic in application because actual deeds are not a result of choice but rather of nature.

This is why the Gospel is presented in such a way that men are saved whilst they are still in rebellion. Thus Justification (forensic salvation) is separated from Sanctification (actual salvation). Sanctification under this lie is related to Manifest Righteousness whilst Justification is related to the Forensic Righteousness. This is why they misapply Romans 7 to teach that a Christian is still in bondage to sin.

It is a very powerful deception rooted in multiple layers of error. People today totally underestimate the deceptive nature of Satan.

The reason that the church system is so full of sin today is because they are not preaching the true Gospel. They are preaching this forensic salvation message based upon the doctrine of being born a sinner.

Starfield I urge you to dig into these things. I know you reject what I say about Original Sin being error but I urge you to dig into the early church writings as well as the conflict between Pelagius and Augustine. Augustine would have to be the greatest heretic of all time in introducing Gnostic Philosophy into Christian orthodoxy.

One cannot be "born a sinner" and have a"free independent will" at the same time.

I agree with the highlighted parts in your post. We need to discuss the parts about a blanket condemnation of 'original sin', tho the term sadly connotes so much error as you state.

We are born in 'original sin' to the effect that, as your highlighted quote above states, the word must be received and implanted.

A child is born into the world with only natural instincts, and may die before age 5 apart from parental oversight and guidance to keep them from harm's way. The untrained child, the 'natural man' that is without training (don't touch the hot stove, don't play with matches, don't drink the household chemicals, don't play in the road etc.) is already in danger. Likewise, as the child ages and begins to interact more and more with the world and society around them, other dangers come their way, that impart similar dangerous situations that can lead to harm or death to themselves or others.

It is this 'natural man', a child's primal instincts and urges that cause flesh to react to the stimuli around them that a child is born with. Worse, as time goes on, not only the flesh (ID) desires, but also the mind is being led into behavior patterns and ways of satisfying desires (EGO) that propagates and worsens the state of man. Apart from the parental training of the simple thing, a child can die. Apart from the later and greater training of the precepts of The Way, the child, due to this ignorance can not only suffer harm or death, but can hurt many others around them in the society. It is in this way, and only this way that I accept, conceptually, the notion of the original ability or tendency to stray from the path of right living - 'original sin' if you must use the term.

As you aptly stated --
It is the implanted word that saves the soul.
It has to be RECEIVED (Jam 1:21) in order that the soul be saved.

Faith must be in something. We see the patriarchs commended for their 'faith' knowing that many we not completely correct in their understanding and walk, waiting for messiah to reveal these things. FAITH then as you might say, comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of God. It is the hearing, learning, understanding, accepting, commiting to and walking in these precepts that is the Path of The Way of Salvation.

Feb 17, 2010
SKINSKI THIS IS LONG, BUT YOU WANTED ANSWERS AND HERE THEY ARE!

Nobody else have to read this, but SKINSKI, He was wondering what I would say to this, and this is what I believe.

POSTED BY SKINSKI.... WITH MY REMARKS...

Cobus,

Have your sins been forgiven?
NO! I still do them. They are not removed from me YET!

The reason I ask is that you are teaching that actual rebirth (being born again) comes with being perfected. I reference this passage...

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the
saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: (saints are already sinless) That is what the Word “Hagios” (saint) means! Already holy, but not perfect YET!
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God,
unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (Saints are not yet to Christs fulness, but they are already as pure or clean as He is) Already washed, but not yet baptized!)
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

I am aware of others who teach this doctrine (namely Truecore08 on Youtube TrueCore08's channel - YouTube ). The problem I have with this doctrine though is that the scriptures clearly teach that the remission of sins is tied to rebirth. If you carefully examine what Peter writes in 2 Peter chapter 1 he speaks of "adding to our faith" which is no doubt the equivalent of the "growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ" through the application of what we learn yet Peter makes a reference to the man who does not do this in verse 2Pet 1:9 as forgetting that his
(OLD) sins have already been purged. Thus the purging of sin comes BEFORE one adds to their faith and is thus perfected. Please do not ommit the OLD. My dear friend, the verse says HIS OLD SINS…. I am not that blind. I know I also had laid down some OLD sin. Like adultery, and I am purged from some sin, but not ALL YET! I see you also are on the WAY, but did you add godliness to yourself yet? And look at this verse…. 2 Peter 1:10.. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
I still fall, that is why I KEEP following Jesus, I know I still have to repent and die off some sin, believe me it will be done, because God wants it done!

If you compare this to Hebrews 9:13-15 where it speaks of how the blood purges our consciences of dead works and how that relates to the remission of transgressions under the first covenant. In other words it is dealing with past misconduct ala Rom 3:25.

Skinski I need to pray for us now! “Lord, help us to understand this Truth. Lord let us not stand proud or with cold and hardened hearts, but let us receive your Truth and Lord REVEAL Yourself to us, Lord we hunger for Your righteousness in us. Thank You Father, that You are faithful, and that YOU will bless us with Your Truth, AMEN!”

My friend I see you are so close to see how God’s BAPTISM works. Let me share what God said to me… He said: “Cobus, every person I call, I call to be MY SON!” Skinski, imagine being God’s Son! That is God’s BAPTISM to make a person HIS SON. Sin is not even in the picture! Please, see this. Please Lord SHOW US JESUS ALLOW US TO SEE HIM!
Now imagine Jesus in you! What will you SEE if you look in the mirror? Skinsky or Jesus? If God REMOVED ALL SIN from you, and HE planted Jesus in you, what will you see if you look in the mirror? Nobody can show me sin in such a person. Where is sin in the picture if God made a new creature in HIS SON’S IMAGE and LIKENESS. Remember who made this NEW creature, not you not me, but GOD! HE MADE THE NEW CREATURE!

Now I want to share this Truth with you… Look at the ONCE… Heb 9:12… Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us….. Jesus enterd ONCE, how many times will we enter into the holy place? Let us look again at the verses you qouted, they should now takes on a new meaning… Heb 9:13 to 15. If the blood of a goat could be sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh… A goat could do this, what more can Jesus do? He only has to do it ONCE! This is it. If Jesus purge a conscience from dead works, the BODY FOLLOWS! ONCE is enough, because HE DOES IT!

How many times does Jesus have to PRESENT us to God without spot or wrinkle to be PART of HIS PERFECTION? ONCE!!! When Does He do it? When does Jesus PRESENT us to Father without spot or wrinkle? AT THE END OF OUR SANCTIFICATION! When we are saints! Then GOD perfect us, with the BAPTISM OF HOLY SPIRIT/ REBIRTH!

I see it this way, because this is what the Bible teaches. God predestined me, then He calls me and gives me to Jesus to clean. (Pullng me all the time if I wonder off back to Jesus’ lead.) Jesus leads me out of sin, and into holiness. Jesus leads me untill I am a saint. Then Jesus presents me to HIMSELF (Father) and I am baptized INTO GOD’S SPIRIT, and HIS SPIRIT INTO ME! Rebirth! God’s Hly Spirit was AGAIN born into flesh!

I know this… When Jesus present me to God without spot, or wrinkle I am as pure/clean as He is and ALL sin are GONE! All sin are removed from me. I think and will search the Scripture to show that this is how it happens, that God forgive us ALL trespasses at that moment, just before He baptize us with His Holy Spirit to reveive Him as an indwelling Spirit.

The one verse that springs to mind is this…. For those that are in Christ…. I do not think we are in Christ YET if we still sin. I think we still fall only when we are not YET baptized with Christ. The following Jesus with the cross, we still fall, but once we followed all the way, then God fills us with Christ, and we are in Christ and He is in us. At the END of the following with the cross. The NEW does not come before the OLD has PASSED! THERE IS NO MPRE NEED TO EVEN MENTION SIN, LET ALONE repent or blot out! THE NEW is PERFECT! The blotting, repent and all this is still the OLD PASSING AWAY! It is still the SEED DYING, the NEW EVERLASTING SEED is not in the OLD, it is in the NEW! The NEW Life, the NEW BIRTH, Rebirth!

The blotting out of sins is connected in scripture with the refreshing which in the Greek is...

anapsuxis
From G404; properly a
recovery of breath, that is, (figuratively) revival: - revival. (Revival cannot happen unless the OLD HAS DIED!

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that
your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (Hey you beautiful man, Skinsky, here you post a verse that COMPLETELY confirm that the blotting out happens just before the REFRESHING, or REBIRTH!) LOOK. Repent (stop sinning) and be converted (follow Jesus’ lead to the end) that your sins may be blotted out, when the time of refreshing (The baptism of the Holy Spirit/Rebirth) shall come… The moment God glorifies you (and HIMSELF) with His Spirit, is the REFRESHING!

You can also see that the forgiveness of sins is connected with "being quickened together with Him."
AMEN!!!!! At the end of repent and conversion, the OLD dies in repentance and conversions. We do not Grow in God and die to self, We die to self and God REPLACE us in the flesh! And the Flesh is then QUICKENED AT THAT MOMENT. Glorification of mortal bodies to OBEY GOD 100%. A Spiritual swop takes place here, and the fleah is RENEWED to God’s Glory! The New Wine (Holy Spirit) in a NEW BOTTLE(Your new flesh)!

suzōopoieō
From G4862 and G2227;
to reanimate conjointly with (figuratively): - quicken together with. AMEN! The old seed died, the NEW SEED is God’s Spirit IN YOU. Not LEADING anymore but ABIDING WITHIN!

Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Amen PUTTING OFF THE BODY OF THE SINS…Kill it!
Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
God cannot raise you if you have not died! No seed can be Quickened if it DIE NOT FIRST! Rebirth happens AFTER we died Spiritually!
Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh,
hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; (This type of man that God has quickened, AFTER the man died OFF ALL SIN AND THE OLD SELF, What does this man look like, or WHO does he look like? Like Jesus! ALL people that God have quiclkened does not get to be more and more like Jesus, they ARE LIKE JESUS!

Here are some more relevant scriptures which are good to compare.

Act 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
Now these are Jesus’ words to Saul, that God will send Paul to thse people, to START in the DARKNESS, but to END up in light. Their CALLING has not even happened yet, So their sins are NOT forgiven yet! To turn from darkness to light is Repentance! To arrive in the light is COMPLETION, and there only the COMPLETED persons end up. Also inheriting EVERLASTING life!

Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God,
purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? To serve the living God, there is only ONE WAY to do that, and that is PERFECT! God says clearly… YOU CANNOT SERVE TWO MASTERS. That means I CANNOT be holy and sin. Please note God did not say you may not serve two masters, He said YOU CANNOT! Now can a person that serve the living God sin? NO!!!! How can you erve the Living God with holiness, and serve satan with sin? YOU CANNOT!

1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and
the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. We can only have fellowship in the light if WE ARE IN THE LIGHT. AND IN GOD’S LIGHT IS NO DARKNESS. That PASSING of the OLD was when the blood of Jesus wash us. It is done, finished, no need for more grace or blood. How can you be in the light and do darkness stuff? I CANNOT not place this verse…. Verse 6…. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: (to walk in darkness is to sin, any sin)

Feb 17, 2010
Mat_26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. AMEN! After this is blood work is the LIGHT!

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in
his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; …. SINS THAT ARE PAST… The Bible refer to sin in the past or past tense MANY TIMES….

I have read many of your posts and it appears that you believe that the Old Man is crucified over a long period of time and that this period of time is sanctification. Then at the end of this sanctification process or the perfecting of the saints is when one actually becomes born again.

I think that is a very dangerous error because it undermines the purpose of repentance (which is to purge the heart of rebellion and prepare an individual to receive the implanted word) and thus puts an individual into a state of waiting on God to change them and conform them into His image.
No my friend nothing dangerous about this. The Holy Spirit is the one that even reprove, or convince the WORLD of their sin, and He communicates with the World, how much more does he communicate with the ones that repents! He not only rerpve, or convince of sin, but also of righteousness, and of judgment. Thre is no undermining in this doctrine. ONLY CONFIMATION. The Bible teach specifically…. Those that endureth or preservere till the end THEY SHALL BE SAVED. Endure to what END? The end of repentance. The end of ALL sin in ones life… REPENTANCE TO THE END! See no undermining, but rather confirmation, that SALVATION is at the END of Repentance!

I have communicated these issues with those who teach this doctrine but have yet to receive a response directly addressing my queries.
My friend I am not the others, and I know not one single person you mentioned, I only I only know what MY MASTER teaches, and what I share with you I ONLY FOUND IN SCRIPTURES. Not a single thought or doctrine comes from ANY PERSON, But from God. When He said: “Genesis 1:1 START!” I started reading the bible with ONLY GOD as my teacher. For fourteen years I read before I finished. I did not go on reading before I did not understand. If I get stuck on a verse I will WAIT for GOD to explain. Let me give you ONE example. I got stuck at how people just did not listen to God. MANY people did not listen, in the Old Testament and today. Then I needed to SEE what was it that they did not know what was GOOD for them. God is the GOOD for them. Then I asked God: “Why are people so crooked in their ways, and do not see Your goodness.” Then GOD SHOWED me in LIFE…. I did not want to share this with you but it is neccesary so you can see what I mean. There was a man Leon, he came to my shop with the biggest bull-dust stories and bought chemicals from me. God laid it on my heart to keep giving to this man. I did. The more he told bull stories the more I just smiled and gave. Later his stories was so feeble and full of bull-dust, that even a 10 year old child would not believe him, but God said GIVE.. so I gave. Then one day he came in again, and he said…. I cannot fool you can I Cobus? I did not answer, but God answered ME IN LIFE. As long as LEON thought he is bull-dusting me, he could not SEE the blessings of me giving! But the moment he realized I am giving, not because he bull-dust, but because I WANT to give, he knew he was in the wrong! The moment he realized I am not the fool HE IS, he knew he has no part of or with me. I NEVER saw him again. Oh he ows me a LOT of money, but I am not poorer. Or not in need, so actually he ows me NOTHING! Hope you understand what I am sharing.

Romans 6:6 teaches that the body of sin is destroyed via the old man being crucified with Christ. It is something that happens at a moment in time once and for all.
(YEP! At the END of repentance when the LAST SIN is blown out!) The Bible does not teach it is a gradual thing. Those that are Christ's HAVE crucified the flesh with its passions and desires and this is directly related to the death of the old man. This is where the yielding to sin stops and the yielding to God begins. It is where the enslavement to sin ceases and we become a slave to righteousness. (Nobody can be slave to both)

2Co 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
(My OLD is not dead, but it is dying! Jesus said… let him take up his cross and follow me…. Jesus leads before He fills! This leading takes some time! The crucifixion of the OLD man takes time!
2Co 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2Co 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Read the next passage carefully as Peter refers to the "trial of faith" and he is speaking in context with those who are "born again." I think you have confused "being born again" with "being granted entrance into the kingdom."
You see I tried to separate the Born again from the ENTERING into the kingdom… but it is the same EVENT. Let me show you. Every person that is BORN of GOD CANNOT sin. 1 John 3:9, and 1 John 5:18. So the moment you are born again you CANNOT sin, why? Because of two resons…1. The SEED of GOD IS IN You AND WILL REMAIN IN YOU! And 2. YOU ARE BORN OF GOD, NOT man, NOT Satan, NOT yourself, BORN OF GOD! Rebirth is not you being renewed, it is GOD BEING RESTORED IN YOU! God cannot be restored in you and you are INCOMPLETE! God is the COMPLETION of the restored PERSON.
Trials, repentance, crucifixion, testings, fallings, stumblings, ALL these things only happens to the INCOMPLETE. The COMPLETE are PERFECT! Why? Because GOD CANNOT BE IMPERFECT, and the NEW creature is GOD in flesh!

Being being born again is not a guarantee that one will enter the kingdom simply because we have to remain steadfast and endure to the end.
BORN AGAIN OF INCORRUPTABLE SEED… BORN INTO EVERLASTING LIFE! Eternal life is a hope and promise if we do this. (KNOWING GOD IS THE EVERLASTING LIFE) We are kept by the power of God through faith which means as long as we are doers of the word and remain steadfast in faith we will receive the promise. (The Promise is the HOLY SPIRIT, and ALL BORN AGAINS ARE FILLED WITH THE SPIRT/BAPTIZES WITH THE SPIRIT) I AM NOT YET BAPTIZED, I AM NOT YET REBORN, BUT I DO CRUCIFY ME AS HARD AND QUICK AS I CAN! God will deliver us from all temptation and preserve us to the end so long as we do not turn away from Him. (ALL REBORN ALREADY RECEIVED THIS, … 1 JOHN 3:9) And they ar really weird people, they are like the wind, they are Spirit. And they are God’s.
1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath
begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1Pe 1:4
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, (Rebirth is a heavenly thing, and my last time is the moment I DIE BY THE CRUCIFIXION ON MY CROSS)
1Pe 1:5
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. (God started with me on the day He called me, and God will be with me when I lay down that final breath and say…. MY Father my God in Your hands I commend my spirit…. Exactly what Jesus said when HE GAVE UP THE SPIRIT.
1Pe 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: (NOT reborn yet) Like I am now!
1Pe 1:7
That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: (You are trying my faith now, and guess what will happen if Jesus appears in me now?) If ONLY Jesus lives in me did HE APPEAR or not?
1Pe 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
1Pe 1:9
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. (When are we saved? When did we endure to the end? When do we ENTER into Christ/Kingdom/Holy Spirit? It happens here, the MOMENT GOD BAPTIZE US WITH HIMSELF! Then HE APPEARS IN US!
1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
(Not even the Prophets of OLD could get this, but WE CAN AND DO!)
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
(PLEASE DO NOT MISS THIS… THIS GLORY what is THIS GLORY THAT WE CAN OBTAIN?,,,… Jesus says in JOHN 17… I AM GLORIFIED IN THEM…..
1Pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the
Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into. (Who is the Holy Ghost?) Christ Jesus is the Holy Ghost. If the Holy Ghost is GLORIFIED IN ME, did Jesus not APPEAR IN ME?
1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
1Pe 1:14
As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
1Pe 1:15 But as
he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy
. ( The ONLY Spirit that can make my flesh HOLY is the HOLY SPIRIT!) 2 Peter 1:21.
1Pe 1:17 And if ye call on the Father,
who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear: (SEE STILL IN SEPERATION OF GOD, NOT YET RECONSILED… REBIRTH IS THE RECONSILIATION)
1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed [the reconciliation has already taken place]with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; (NOW you are wrong. Nobody is redeemed fit before GOD HAS MADE HIM FIT. God cannot redeem a sinner that does not want to even start repentance. REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED… Repent FISRT and then BE BAPTIZED… Baptism is the reconciliation.. SPIRIT BAPTISM…. ONE BAPTISM!
1Pe 1:19
But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: THERE IS NO BLOOD WITHOUT REPENTACE!
1Pe 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
1Pe 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
1Pe 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: (KEY Here…. PURE HEART) If your heart convicts you God is more than your heart. REBORNS ARE NOT CONVICTED, NOT EVEN BY GOD! 1 JOHN 3:9.
1Pe 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. IF the Word of God lives in me, Jesus lives in me, HE IS THE WORD OF GOD! Then I am PERFECT!
1Pe 1:24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
1Pe 1:25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
(Where was the Word of God when I did not even care if He existed or not? But when the WORD liveth in my flesh, it is ONLY the flesh that will not ENDURETH FOR EVER! We know the FLESH as we see it now gain nothing EVERLASTING, but It does GAIN for a time. Like all the saints before us.

Look at this...

1Pe 2:1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
1Pe 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
NEWBORN=MILK…. MATURE=MEAT! Newborn is the beginning (calling of God) start of repentance, Mature is the FINAL product here on earth, Jesus in the flesh!

The perfecting of the saints and coming into the unity of the faith is this growth. Yet rebirth comes first. Rebirth is simply being raised up by God from darkness to light by His power and it follows a genuine repentance experience whereby one forsakes their rebellion through a broken godly sorrow. This is where the axe is laid to the root cause of sin in one's life.

When one is born again they are not perfect.
(Contradictin 1 John3:9) They need to be perfected. What they are though is no longer rebellious to God. The rebellion has ceased and in its place is a willingness to yield to the instruction of God whereby one may grow. (This is nt the rebirth it is the CALLING!)

Please consider these things and I look forward to your response.

God bless.

I did consider this a whole lot more than you think my friend. The ONLY way 1 John 3:9 is not contradicted, and the WHOLE Bible is understood, is if any person who is born of God CANNOT sin. Rebirth is God making a human GODLIKE! To be born of God, is to be born of Spirit, is to be…. LIKE CHRIST! MY personal experience is…. Marvel not that I say you must be born again, the wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst NOT tell whence it cometh. And whither it goeth: SO IS EVERY ONE THAT IS BORN OF THE SPIRIT… This is DEEP! And NOT MILK FOR NEWBORNS! Have you had any experience of this? I had ONE!

zone

Jun 13, 2010
the REFRESHING, or REBIRTH!) LOOK. Repent (stop sinning) and be converted (follow Jesus’ lead to the end) that your sins may be blotted out, when the time of refreshing (The baptism of the Holy Spirit/Rebirth) shall come…
Cobus.
please read that in the context in which THE HOLY SPIRIT inspired it.
that was about Peter BEFORE PENTECOST.

Pentecost was the time of refreshing.

like, i really don't understand why we INSIST on inserting ourselves into the text.
stop twisting the Gospel please.

repent and be baptized for the remission of sins and receive the Holy Spirit, and eternal life.
just get on with it.
zone.

btw - i wouldn't be trying to learn from skinski - he's a heretic.

May 2, 2011
Refreshing the topic:

What was James going to do with a "Church" that the papacy wasn't going to corrupt?

Still, how could Martin L.Ut.Her start his own church?

Is a Religion a 'work'? It seems that building worship is. James swore off 'religion' as we know it today. Still, the "going to church" seems like a ritual to me. What was Steven going to try that he wasn't going to be stoned for - using the temple as a front for a 'refreshed' religion? Paul might still have had a little pharisaical remnant in his blood, but ultimately knew, as James did too, that the Temple must be needs, had to be destroyed.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Refreshing the topic:

What was James going to do with a "Church" that the papacy wasn't going to corrupt?

Still, how could Martin L.Ut.Her start his own church?

Is a Religion a 'work'? It seems that building worship is. James swore off 'religion' as we know it today. Still, the "going to church" seems like a ritual to me. What was Steven going to try that he wasn't going to be stoned for - using the temple as a front for a 'refreshed' religion? Paul might still have had a little pharisaical remnant in his blood, but ultimately knew, as James did too, that the Temple must be needs, had to be destroyed.
hi DA.
james swore off religion? serious:D?
that's fine if "going to church" seems like a ritual to you.
for me it's pure joy and fellowship. no ritual whatsoever: that's my fav time.
we start with twice weekly services now, as well as our bible studies in the mornings, and once a week in the evening.

i love it. i gotta fit all my own studies and stuff in somehow now though - lol.

re: Luther...i'm a member of a Lutheran congregation, and you know his name has only come up once in all the time i've been attending?

Jesus is mentioned ALL THE TIME:)
love zone

May 2, 2011
hi DA.
james swore off religion? serious:D?
that's fine if "going to church" seems like a ritual to you.
for me it's pure joy and fellowship. no ritual whatsoever: that's my fav time.
we start with twice weekly services now, as well as our bible studies in the mornings, and once a week in the evening.

i love it. i gotta fit all my own studies and stuff in somehow now though - lol.

re: Luther...i'm a member of a Lutheran congregation, and you know his name has only come up once in all the time i've been attending?

Jesus is mentioned ALL THE TIME:)
love zone

Glad ya take the time to come here and share and discuss with us called out ones too!