Jesus is not alone and we are not alone

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 6, 2022
31 “Do you now believe?” Jesus replied. 32 “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Why would Jesus tell the disciples that their scattering away from Him, Jesus, bring them Peace? How does being told they will have "trouble" bring Peace?

These are very "Powerful," deep, and meaningful Words Jesus is offering, here.

Mar 6, 2022
I think Jesus is preparing the disciples for difficult times ahead. The disciples may feel guilty about scattering and leaving Jesus alone so he gives them peace by saying "Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me." I think he is also preparing them by saying "In this world you will have trouble." But then he brings them peace by saying "But take heart! I have overcome the world."

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
In my opinion, this is about the expression of Power . . . as if to say, "Watch what I can do."

When the disciples look back and reflect upon this conversation, they will be even more compelled to realize that Jesus was absolutely who He claimed to be. God in the flesh. Therefore, when these things happen, the disciples will be amazed . . . and they will turn to one another with smiles on their faces because they will know, for sure, that their decisions to follow Him were the right ones to make.

More could be written/said about this, but it is a good start.

Mar 6, 2022
That's a good point. I didn't think of that. When I read it, I found it comforting but I wasn't exactly sure why.