Jesus saves/Jesus saves me. What does that mean?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

What else can being dead mean? It means the absence of life.

Most people, including many who consider themselves Christians, think that it is all about the good and the bad. That if the good in their lives outweighs the bad not only will God accept them, He will have to accept them. Because, after all, it's only fair. But a good dead person is just as dead as a bad dead person.
I think it is like what Jesus was trying to show. The sick need a physician, Those who do not realize they are sick will never see the need..

if we do not realize we are dead in sin, we will never see the physician or salvation as to what it really means.. and make it something that it is not.

E

eternally-gratefull

Is that what Jesus told the disciples to do? No, it wasn't. So if we have decided that we have to do it that way..... is there not something amiss in that reasoning?

Amen, Jesus said I did nto come to judge (fear) I can to save (Adopt)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Again, I'm not a teacher, so don't expect this to go as a teaching. Today, I'm asking because I'd like to be more effective when evangelizing.

My entire family knows that Jesus saves. (They aren't saved.) Everyone I know knows Jesus saves. And yet, that sentence isn't hitting the mark. It's not telling people anything significant. Seatbelts save. They understand that. A life vest saves. They understand that. Jesus saves. Eyes wander to something more interesting.

So as short as you can make this, what does "Jesus saves me" mean to you. (And because I'm asking "to you," and because I'm asking for the sake of nonbelievers, please don't answer with a bunch of Bible verses. If you're evangelizing with a bunch of Bible verses out of context, you're about as ineffective as I am. lol)
Jesus saves me from being rightfully cast into the eternal Lake of Fire for the transgressions i have committed against the will of God... Jesus saves me from eternal torment..

We need to show people that they are in need of the same Way of salvation.. Reveal the problem, Then reveal the solution.

Revealing a solution when people don't think they have a problem does not work..

Last edited:

Enow

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
Jesus saved me from my sins as my Savior in reconciling me to God the Father so that now I can live that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ as my Good Shepherd as I get to know Him & the power of His resurrection as He helps me walk in the light as He helps maintain my fellowship with the Father & the Son so that one day He will receive me as a vessel unto honor in His House at the pre trib rapture event where His crowning achievements in me shall be seen by all in Heaven. That is the eternal glory that comes with my salvation when I trust Him for all things that comes with my salvation.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Let me try again.

I'm asking you -- so for you -- Jesus saved you from what to what? (Purpose. Not lessons in evangelizing.)
God created us to live for awhile on this earth, then at our physical death from here we are to go on to a different kind of life. We are not acceptable for that future life unless God makes us acceptable. God's method of doing that is to make a proxy for us to pay for the sin we have within us. We were not created with the ability to make ourselves acceptable, it is only by accepting the payment for the sin within us that Christ made that it can be done.

D

Depleted

From me personally, by experience, JESUS saves means deliverance from Satanic power. He saved me from heart attack about a year ago now and lately HE gave me the ability to be a successful FX trader.
Wait. He saved you from a heart attack (and kudos. Saved hubby about the same time) to have you become an FX trader? Did I miss something? (Besides, what's an FX trader?) :confused:

lastofall

Aug 26, 2014
"For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them." (Luke 9:56)

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)