Job 38:7

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

layman316

Job 38:7 KJV - When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Can anyone tell me who these characters are?

If the context is considered, the "sons of God" are the angels spoken of in Job 1:6. The morning stars are likely, but not sure, Venus and Mercury, (as some scholars believe). These monring stars are also mentioned in Job 3:9.

Dec 1, 2012
Jesus, fully God and fully man.
He was tempted.
This did not come from His God side did it?
No! From the man (flesh)

We are tempted with no power!

How would you act if you knew you had all the power in the universe!?

N

nathan3

Just some questions of my own i ask you all :

Job 38:

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Ephesians 1:4 KJV ( This verse mentions foundations too.)
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:..........

So were was Job ? When God said that in Job 38:4 ?

We all come from God. But what time is God referencing here?

Job 38:7 KJV - When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Is Revelation 12: 4 Taking about as in Stars being God's children here??

In Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Is God calling angels stars in Rev 1:20?

Is it logical to think that the stars in Rev 12:4 are the same in job 38:7 God mentions ?

It's a really interesting study and I like the post JLHillsSr

zone

Jun 13, 2010
but nathan, you're a Shepherd's Chapel student, right?
Arnold Murray teaches all mankind pre-existed as eternal spirits with God < the morning stars.

then one of (us) them, a "brother" Satan, went haywire and deceived 1/3 of (us) into rebelling.

the other 1/3 are the elect, good spiritbeings who were faithful to God and didn't rebel, and the other 1/3 were non-committal lazy spirit-beings who are kind of stuck in the middle.

so God erased our memories, and devised His Plan...then started creation, and every one of the spiritbeings (us) is placed into a flesh body...the elect good guys' job is to try to convince the nominal spiritguys (us) to turn back to God, and if possible to reclaim some of the rebellious (us) spiritpeople?

is that about right?

Last edited:
N

nathan3

but nathan, you're a Shepherd's Chapel student, right?
Arnold Murray teaches all mankind pre-existed as eternal spirits with God < the morning stars.

then one of (us) them, a "brother" Satan, went haywire and deceived 1/3 of (us) into rebelling.

the other 1/3 are the elect, good spiritbeings who were faithful to God and didn't rebel, and the other 1/3 were non-committal lazy spirit-beings who are kind of stuck in the middle.

so God erased our memories, and devised His Plan...then started creation, and every one of the spiritbeings (us) is placed into a flesh body...the elect good guys' job is to try to convince the nominal spiritguys (us) to turn back to God, and if possible to reclaim some of the rebellious (us) spiritpeople?

is that about right?
Way off , IMO. Not sure , a lot of that sounds new to me : " lazy spirit beings and spirit guys " I have no clue what that means I never heard that? You seem to know more about it then I do.

I know about Murray well because of comments like this, It seems whenever a certain topic is mentioned that is also taught by A.M ; ex: now Job, he is mentioned. He teaches the entire Bible. So naturally he teaches Job. But I myself don't know that much of that Bible.

But non of what I quoted is from A.M........ it's from the Bible. If you have a problem with A.M you should take it up with him. You seem to mention Arnold Murray a lot whenever I post certain things. But I think the scriptures I posted are pretty plain. No spirit guys in there : / ??

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Way off , IMO. Not sure , a lot of that sounds new to me : " lazy spirit beings and spirit guys " I have no clue what that means I never heard that? You seem to know more about it then I do.

I know about Murray well because of comments like this, It seems whenever a certain topic is mentioned that is also taught by A.M ; ex: now Job, he is mentioned. He teaches the entire Bible. So naturally he teaches Job. But I myself don't know that much of that Bible.

But non of what I quoted is from A.M........ it's from the Bible. If you have a problem with A.M you should take it up with him. You seem to mention Arnold Murray a lot whenever I post certain things. But I think the scriptures I posted are pretty plain. No spirit guys in there : / ??
alright. fair enough.
i guess i recognize alot of his teaching in your posts, which is fine...he does teach some orthodoxy.
i just wondered if that's where the pre-existence came from.
you do know what i'm talking about with the rebellion and such before the world began (us).
zone.

Last edited:
N

nathan3

"PatientSpirit

Why do you think satan ONLY appeared and was seen by one man, Jesus?

Because this wasn't a whole other being, this was His own lust He battled in the wilderness.
PatientSpirit I totally disagree.. Satan is his own entity/person/cherub etc. Not Christ. Christ was literally dealing with Satan out there Not Himself. Satan was tempting Him but Jesus's character as the scriptures state is perfect, pure, Just, blameless, etc. Who told you that Satan a aspect of Christ ???? :/ *smacks forehead*. I mean doesn't that thought kinda neglect all the countless scriptures we have about Christ Character ? Just disagree. some one yesterday told me that at the store also .But we can still be brothers thought I'm not in agreement on this here.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2012
PatientSpirit I totally disagree.. Satan is his own entity/person/cherub etc. Not Christ. Christ was literally dealing with Satan out there Not Himself. Satan was tempting Him but Jesus's character as the scriptures state is perfect, pure, Just, blameless, etc. Who told you that Satan a aspect of Christ ???? :/ *smacks forehead*. I mean doesn't that thought kinda neglect all the countless scriptures we have about Christ Character ? Just disagree. some one yesterday told me that at the store also .But we can still be brothers thought I'm not in agreement on this here.

I understand,.but how does satan and his angels deceive the world? His angels are transformed into ministers of light. These are people.

We see satan the same way we see Jesus. In the lives of is all.

N

nathan3

I understand,.but how does satan and his angels deceive the world? His angels are transformed into ministers of light. These are people.

We see satan the same way we see Jesus. In the lives of is all.
Well one way would be Satan coming here in person claiming to be Christ. Read 2nd thess 2. Mark 13 about the abomination Christ mentions that Daniel mentions that Paul mentions in 2nd thess 2 etc.

People not having the truth causes deception . What ells can it mean when Satan is cast out onto the earth and his angels with him to deceive the world in Rev 12, other then just that ?. Transformed is really just "disguised" as minsters of light. By them claiming to be of Christ ( 2nd Thess 2 )(Rev. 13)

The word ""transformed ""in Greek it was taken from:
metaschmatizw
metaschematizo
met-askh-ay-mat-id'-zo

from meta - meta 3326 and a derivative of schma - schema 4976;to transfigure or disguise; figuratively, to apply (by accommodation):--transfer, transform (self).

I wish I could quote more scripture .And I'm not saying i understand it all, But lets just keep studying and reading.

Last edited:
J

JLHillsSr

Just some questions of my own i ask you all :

Job 38:

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Ephesians 1:4 KJV ( This verse mentions foundations too.)
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:..........

So were was Job ? When God said that in Job 38:4 ?

We all come from God. But what time is God referencing here?

Is Revelation 12: 4 Taking about as in Stars being God's children here??

In Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Is God calling angels stars in Rev 1:20?

Is it logical to think that the stars in Rev 12:4 are the same in job 38:7 God mentions ?

It's a really interesting study and I like the post JLHillsSr
I thank you, Nathan, for returning to the original question. Everyone seems to got up on, guess what, Satan. Not surprising, for no one has looked at the possibility that the morning stars are the Holy Spirit, and Jehovah singing their praises to The Father along side his sons, the angels.

J

JLHillsSr

Scripture, please. And not the ones that talk about the "sons of God", either. Man was created from the dust of the ground in Genesis. Lucifer was already created before this. He was not a man, but one of the creations of God in heaven, such as the angels, cherubim, seraphim, and the beasts that fly around the throne of God.
Gen 1:1 KJV - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 KJV - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Do you think God would create a world without form and void? Something happened here to cause this.

Gen 1:26 KJV - And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 KJV - So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 KJV - And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

R

RachelBibleStudent

Gen 1:1 KJV - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 KJV - And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Do you think God would create a world without form and void? Something happened here to cause this.

Gen 1:26 KJV - And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 KJV - So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 KJV - And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
in king james' time the word 'replenish' meant 'fill'...i sometimes say that every king james version should be packaged with a dictionary of english archaisms...and this is an example of why...

and God created the world formless and void so that he could then form it and fill it according to his plan...

Apr 6, 2012
Stars are used in the Bible in a figurative sense and in metaphors or similes to represent persons and or beings.

God’s Word, the Bible, tells us that when the earth was founded, “all the sons of God began shouting in applause.” (Job 38:4-7) Angels thus existed long before humans were created, even before the creation of the earth.

Jesus spoke of himself as “the bright morning star” and promised to give “the morning star” to his conquering followers, evidently indicating a sharing with him in his heavenly position and glory.-Revelation 2:26, 28; 20:6; 22:16; compare 2 Timothy 2:12.

Job 38:7 may be referring to Jesus and other high ranking angels.