Judged

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

LEPIDUS

May 15, 2012
How are we going to be judged?

LEPIDUS

May 15, 2012
How are we going to be judged?
John 12: KJV

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 12: ESV

48 The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.

49 For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given mea commandment—what to say and what to speak.

50 And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me.”

LEPIDUS

May 15, 2012
Romans 2: ESV

12 For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

prove-all

May 16, 2014
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death."

I think I will not be judged with any condemnation, but there must be a judgment for possible rewards on what I have done with the spiritual gifts he has given me. Although rewards is the least of my motivation. I do because His Holy Spirit impels me. But there are times I have to make a choice to allow Him to use me.

Do any of us really understand what judgment will really be like? I'm just glad that I'm in Christ and under no condemnation. I am awed by the fact that Jesus gives me His righteousness and my works do not add to it. But what I do adds something to my spiritual growth (learning to die to selfish desires) and letting Him express Himself through me. That is all I have for a goal.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Romans 2: ESV

12 For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.
This refers to the unsaved Jew or Gentile . The christian has passed from judgement and is already justified.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Ours is at the Bema seat of Christ for rewards or loss of rewards.