Judgement

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
But you know it's not like I am innocent from judging. I have a self loathing a very deep one but it's not from depression or self pitty rather I hate and despise everything about me and everything within me that isn't Christ like. I am not unaware how my eyes see how even I subconsciencly without even meaning to see a person as not very attractive or notice inperfections about their features.

Then I find myself laughing to myself and saying to myself is that what you see? Because I see something else, I see a rare and beautiful treasure that God took such great care in making every detail no matter how the human eye may see it as an imperfection or as ugly. The thing is these eyes of mine have that human and fleshly instinct to see only the outer appearance and without even meaning to judge them according to it but I don't ttrust or believe what my eyes see because I choose to see with a different pair of eyes

Mar 4, 2013
I can prove that every man judges, even those that say they don't.

Have you ever said you liked something, or someone?
Have you ever said you hated something, or someone?
Do you choose who you will buddy up with, and who you will keep at a distance from?
Do you answer a post with opposition?

Please don't say you don't judge, I encourage everyone to be honest? Some where, even if just a little..we judge. It is in our spiritual DNA. What we do with that judgement is what is of concern!

Peace with all!

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment. John 7:24

S

shotgunner

wow, a woman of God comes in here and confronts us all with a particular sin we all have, and tries to show us how self righteous we can be, And all people can do is excuse themselves.

Excuse me while I try to pick myself up off the floor because I am laughing so hard. I have to because the stench of self preservation is so strong it is pugnant, and I would have to empty the comments of a nice lunch I just ate!
Are you judging us? LOL

Dec 12, 2013
Yes you are exactly right we all do judge, but it is the manner in which we judge that makes it right or wrong.

Because there is two forms of judging mentioned in the bible and one is accepted (righteous) and the other is not (condemnation/unedifying).

This is where the line is drawn and I thank you for starting this thread because people really need to learn the truth between the two, and the difference in judging in the unedifying manner and the proper way to rebuke and reprove others.

Some use the later unedifying/condemnation judging and think they are using the righteous judging, but if not pointed out to them it could be dangerous because the bible warns in the manner you judge you also will be judged.

So insight for people if you have ever made a statement of condemnation on a person which we all have done at one time or another in life, and thanks be to God I do not do that any more, there is some repenting that needs to be done. Because if you can not forgive them but keep that judgment of condemnation on them, that will also be the fate of the one who passed that on them.
Who are you to judge another man's servant......!

Feb 7, 2015
The judging that we are not to do is to judge someone worthy of Heaven or Hell. The scriptures speaking against judging are speaking of not condemning.
Alright! Someone who read the passage and understood it.

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
The ironic thing with me is that sometimes, I find myself judging people for the exact sins that I've done or am still doing.

I guess it's true what they say...that you only think something is blamable when that thing is done by another person, not by yourself (because we always find for us excuses and attenuated circumstances).

Feb 9, 2010
We are not to judge someone in a condemning manner,viewing them as a no good sinner,when we were once sinners,for however we judge them,it will come back on us,so if we condemn them for wrongful actions,then God will condemn us for our wrongful actions,and repenting of them in the past is void,unless a person repents of judging in a wrongful manner.

E

eternally-gratefull

We are not to judge someone in a condemning manner,viewing them as a no good sinner,when we were once sinners,for however we judge them,it will come back on us,so if we condemn them for wrongful actions,then God will condemn us for our wrongful actions,and repenting of them in the past is void,unless a person repents of judging in a wrongful manner.
John the baptist:

Matthew 3:7
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Jesus of Nazareth

Matthew 23:33
Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?

Matthew 23:27
“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.

Paul of Tarsus

Acts 23:3
Then Paul said to him, “God will strike you, you whitewashed wall! For you sit to judge me according to the law, and do you command me to be struck contrary to the law?”

Just saying..

While I agree we should not judge a person like you said, When you claimed our salvation could be lost if we do. You just judged 2 of these men to hell. and made the third one give a sacrifice would would not have to be rejected by God because he judged others.

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
I think they were scolding them and asking them to repent rather than judge them.

Also, Saint Paul actually retracts his insult towards Anania (it's true that he is ironic when he says that Anania is a man of God, but nontheless, he takes back his words) and he even said he was a Pharisee in order to make the Pharisees be on his side.

Jan 15, 2011
Indeed, the judgment we are asked not to do is judge the heart motive or intent. This includes judging where a person is going because we really do not know the heart status of an individual. God does. We look to the fruit instead.

Great that someone clarified Matthew 7. So many people make it a blanket statement against all judging when in reality it speaks of having no hypocrisy in our judging. Remember, judgment begins IN the house of God. Who are we to judge those who are outside of the Body (of Christ)? God judges those who are outside. Do we not judge those who are inside?
And remember, we do not judge the heart motive :)

O

oldthennew

1COR.6:2.
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you,
are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

if there are 'problems' in the Church, then, who is to JUDGE them???

the Bibles tells us not to go to the 'governmental-court' when there is a dispute among BRETHREN,
we are to be able to settle these matters between brethren, as the scriptures tell us, -
this is what we will be doing in the coming Kingdom of God.....

as it is written,
MATT.19:28.
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me,
in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory,
ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you,

if there are 'problems' in the Church, then, who is to JUDGE them???

the Bibles tells us not to go to the 'governmental-court' when there is a dispute among BRETHREN,
we are to be able to settle these matters between brethren, as the scriptures tell us, -
this is what we will be doing in the coming Kingdom of God.....

as it is written,
MATT.19:28.
And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me,
in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory,
ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
John 5:22 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son.
Jesus is to judge them not us he is the ultimate judge and it is his role and his place to judge not us.
You think that we having the human heart can judge righteously fairly and accordingly? The human heart even as a believer is not purely holy and righteous and we have a tendency to allow our emotions and our limited view and understanding to influence our judgement even when we don't mean to.

We are called to love to be love and know love that is all let the judgement be to the one who judges fairly lovingly and with holiness

O

oldthennew

1Cor.6:3.
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

1COR.6:4.
If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge
who are least esteemed in the church.

JOHN7:24.
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1COR.2:15.
But he that is Spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1COR.11:32.
But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

JAMES 2:12.
So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

1PETER 2:23.
Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not;
but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
1Cor.6:3.
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

1COR.6:4.
If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge
who are least esteemed in the church.

JOHN7:24.
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1COR.2:15.
But he that is Spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1COR.11:32.
But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

JAMES 2:12.
So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

1PETER 2:23.
Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not;
but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
True one day we will be in high authority to judge but not now, angels and the world- do you believe that you can righteous fairly and lovingly judge them as of now? the rest of the scriptures you posted can be interpreted to mean discern or decide and such. All I know is that I was told this-
Matthew 7:1-3

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

This came my kings own mouth and trust me I would give anything just to sit at his feet and have him teach me so I take his advice to heart regardless of how any scripture can be used to say we have the right to judge others I only need one to let me know not to

W

weakness

Jesus said he came not to judge, but his words he spoke ,they would judge the world.

B

biblicalsandy

I receive from this, that Jesus did not come to condemn because God is going to..because Jesus spoke what God said "He will do final judgement!"