Just finished Jeremiah

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I don’t deny it but the scripture said where the fault was, with the people.
You are denying what the text plainly says. No second covenant would have
been sought had the first been faultless, meaning the first was NOT faultless.

:oops:

Dec 13, 2023
You are denying what the text plainly says. No second covenant would have
been sought had the first been faultless, meaning the first was NOT faultless.

:oops:
And then it tells you where the fault was in the very next verse. Heb 8:8
Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
And then it tells you where the fault was in the very next verse. Heb 8:8
Guess we will have to agree to disagree.
People are not the first covenant. Such blindness. No wonder people cannot agree with you. You reject what the text
plainly says. Then you want us to believe you have a proper understanding of it. Laughable but truly, pathetically sad.

Dec 24, 2023
Some people got quite sidetracked there, so let's reset and welcome any more ideas arising from the book of Jeremiah.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Some people got quite sidetracked there, so let's reset and welcome any more ideas arising from the book of Jeremiah.
I love the book of Jeremiah. Jeremiah was a prophet chosen by God. ….And through all that he suffered, God always took care of him. In this book, we also get a glimpse of what it will be like in the latter days when the Antichrist comes around. Thanks, @lovejoypeaceetc .

Dec 24, 2023
I love the book of Jeremiah. Jeremiah was a prophet chosen by God. ….And through all that he suffered, God always took care of him. In this book, we also get a glimpse of what it will be like in the latter days when the Antichrist comes around. Thanks, @lovejoypeaceetc .
Thank you, dear. Do you have any favourite section or theme, or any special memory from your life relating to this book in some way?

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Thank you, dear. Do you have any favourite section or theme, or any special memory from your life relating to this book in some way?
As I studied this book of Jeremiah, I was impressed by how the people just would not obey God. They preferred to obey man instead, constantly going against God’s plans. Oh Lord, may I always have ears to hear and obey Your voice. IMG_5242.gif

Dec 24, 2023
“Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
Ah you've just reminded me, I found that the fishers of men idea comes from Jeremiah 16 - right??! This was a new discovery for me. It's one of the things that made me more aware of the concept that Jesus' mind must have been full of this prophecy. It's just my idea and I'm here to learn from the Spirit's wisdom in others.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Ah you've just reminded me, I found that the fishers of men idea comes from Jeremiah 16 - right??! This was a new discovery for me. It's one of the things that made me more aware of the concept that Jesus' mind must have been full of this prophecy. It's just my idea and I'm here to learn from the Spirit's wisdom in others.
Amen!

Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.

- Jeremiah 16:16 (KJV)

selahsays

May 31, 2023
As I studied this book of Jeremiah, I was impressed by how the people just would not obey God. They preferred to obey man instead, constantly going against God’s plans. Oh Lord, may I always have ears to hear and obey Your voice. View attachment 261288
Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

- Jeremiah 17:5,7

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Matthew 26:28...this is My testament. Notice in the passage you gave there are no stipulations given to the people. Because they are beneficiaries of the covenant and not involved in the covenant itself.
Now compare that to the old covenant. They were given stipulations. Obedience secured blessing and disobedience brought cursing.
The reason the old covenant failed was due to the frailty of man. Thus, it was always going to be replaced. The reason the new covenant cannot fail is because it is between God and God. We simply benefit with no possibility of messing it up.
We absolutely can mess it up if we don’t respond to him

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:26-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:19-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus suffered and died was spit on slapped in the face beaten with a reed mocked and ridiculed spit on and beaten some more dressed in scarlet and had a crown of thorns placed on his brow was led through the streets like a vile sinner and executed by pagans if we don’t respond to it there’s nothing else to save us

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
We absolutely can mess it up if we don’t respond to him

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:26-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:19-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus suffered and died was spit on slapped in the face beaten with a reed mocked and ridiculed spit on and beaten some more dressed in scarlet and had a crown of thorns placed on his brow was led through the streets like a vile sinner and executed by pagans if we don’t respond to it there’s nothing else to save us
We can't mess up the covenant. It is eternal. We can only believe or not believe. It doesn't affect the covenant in the least.