just really want a wife, but hardly any Godly women out there

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 18, 2011
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1 Timothy 5:20

King James Version (KJV)

20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

2 Thessalonians 3:15

King James Version (KJV)

15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

Last edited:
P

PrettyBelle

Given the name of this thread, I'm sure many women would agree that there are not that many Godly men out there as well. Just because you attend Sunday and Wednesday services doesn't make you Godly. Just because you pray or read your bible a couple times a week doesn't make you Godly either. In fact, if you spend more time thinking about a wife then you do spending more time with the one and only living God then it's obvious as to who your "god" really is. ;)
Crossfire I totally agree. There are many men who claim to be Godly, but when it comes right down to it that is not the case. As a woman on dating site I have met men who say they are a Christian but when I mention that I am celibate untill my wedding night they change their tune. Sexual sin is a big deal to God, and if you love Him you will live as he askes us to do. I want to honor God in everything I do, and expect the man I date to feel the same.

When I first came back to God(for the third time) I was living with a man I loved with everything I had, but God convicted me and wanted me to leave the relationship because he was unwilling to marry me. Plus he was not in the same place spiritually, and had no intention of picking up his cross and following Jesus as I was and still am. I had made my boyfriend more important than God, and the relationship had to end. I was sinning and could not continue in it.
I would love to be married, but my relationship with God is way more important to me than settling for the sake of being a wife right now. I am willing to wait until I meet the man who loves God just as much as I do...someone who not only reads his bible, but lives it's principles....someone who lives to please God in everything he does.....
So until that man comes along, I am waiting on God. Yes it is really hard, and at 40 I feel being single again is not where I want to be- but God is in control of my future and I'm ok with that.

P

PrettyBelle

Tonydisciple,

Let me share something with you that someone gave me. It really hit home and was a blessing to me.

Everyone longs to give himself or herself completely to someone, to have a deep and committed soul relationship with another, to be loved thouroughly and unconditionally.
But God says: No, not until you are satisfied, fullfilled and content with being loved by Me alone, with giving yourself totally, unreservedly to Me alone.
I love you, My child, and until you discover that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found, you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you are united with Me: exclusivlely of anyone or anything else: exclusively of any other desires and belongings.
I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and allow Me to give you the most thrilling plan existing- one that you can't imagine. I want you to have the very best. Please allow me to bring it to you
Just keep your eyes on Me, expecting great things. Keep experiencing that satisfaction knowing that I am God. Keep learning and listening to the things I tell you. You must be patient.
Don't be anxious. Don't worry. Don't look at the things others have, or the things you think you want. Just keep looking up to Me, or you will miss what I want to give you.
And then when you are ready, I will suprise you with a love far more wonderful than you could ever dream! You see, until you are ready, and until the one I have for you is ready( I am working even this minute to have both of you ready at the same time), until you are both satisfied exclusively with Me and the life I have prepared for you, you wont be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me.. and this is perfect love.

I'm not saying that it is easy to wait, but know that God will bless you when He is ready. You just have to wait on Him. I know that is not the answer that you want to have(believe me I don't either), but God has a great plan your your life. Just keep praying, reading God's word, and let God mold you into a mature man of God. I will pray for you. God Bless my brother and don't lose hope. There are good Godly women out there I promise you. :)

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Hmmm...??? Could you give me the actual scriptures reference? As all that i am aware of now is that these lines belong to a spiritual song.

It most probably took words from Ecclesiastes 3:11 to write the song.
That is where it is...Ecclesiastes 3:11

G

GreenNnice

TonydisUciple,

Let me share something with you that someone gave me. It really hit home and was a blessing to me.

Everyone longs to give himself or herself completely to someone, to have a deep and committed soul relationship with another, to be loved thouroughly and unconditionally.
But God says: No, not until you are satisfied, fullfilled and content with being loved by Me alone, with giving yourself totally, unreservedly to Me alone.
I love you, My child, and until you discover that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found, you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you are united with Me: exclusivlely of anyone or anything else: exclusively of any other desires and belongings.
I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and allow Me to give you the most thrilling plan existing- one that you can't imagine. I want you to have the very best. Please allow me to bring it to you
Just keep your eyes on Me, expecting great things. Keep experiencing that satisfaction knowing that I am God. Keep learning and listening to the things I tell you. You must be patient.
Don't be anxious. Don't worry. Don't look at the things others have, or the things you think you want. Just keep looking up to Me, or you will miss what I want to give you.
And then when you are ready, I will suprise you with a love far more wonderful than you could ever dream! You see, until you are ready, and until the one I have for you is ready( I am working even this minute to have both of you ready at the same time), until you are both satisfied exclusively with Me and the life I have prepared for you, you wont be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me.. and this is perfect love.

I'm not saying that it is easy to wait, but know that God will bless you when He is ready. You just have to wait on Him. I know that is not the answer that you want to have(believe me I don't either), but God has a great plan your your life. Just keep praying, reading God's word, and let God mold you into a mature man of God. I will pray for you. God Bless my brother
and don't lose hope. There are good Godly women out there I promise you. :)
Excellent, all, just highlighted that one part to re-emphasize God has great, beautiful plans made to bless us and bring glory to Him, for all who trust in Him and seek Him with ALL their heart

Yes , Jeremiah 29:11 'For I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and,not evil, for a future and a hope.'

Proverbs 16:3 Commit your plans to the Lord and you will have success.

Jun 3, 2012
don't lower your standards.......God is more than able to deliver you the purest bride, who has saved herself for you.
It is better for me to lower myself to a point where my hopes will not be shattered. As each day goes by and i keep learning of people the thought of such a hope is foolish. My spirit has been lifted up high and then suddenly dropped like a stone to the ground. My status will be as such till death if it is to be so, i will not give in to allow less. I have been disappointed by the most supposed faithful of women to learn that all has been hypocrisy. And the thing is most do not even know of their wrong. Each shot i receive as deceptiveness of hope that has been revealed does my heart grow colder towards my enemies. I will grow colder towards my enemies but will become closer to God and so i will have in common with Christ our foes. It becomes ever more clearly that some things are not meant to be and thus another must come in its place. If i am delivered the Word and the right i will receive it ever so gladly and sadly.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Interesting. I refuse to lower my standards. I am a valuable treasure and if no man can see that, Jesus always can. I refuse to settle and I am content to stay single if lowering my standards is the only way I will marry. My hope is in Christ.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
It is better for me to lower myself to a point where my hopes will not be shattered. As each day goes by and i keep learning of people the thought of such a hope is foolish. My spirit has been lifted up high and then suddenly dropped like a stone to the ground. My status will be as such till death if it is to be so, i will not give in to allow less. I have been disappointed by the most supposed faithful of women to learn that all has been hypocrisy. And the thing is most do not even know of their wrong. Each shot i receive as deceptiveness of hope that has been revealed does my heart grow colder towards my enemies. I will grow colder towards my enemies but will become closer to God and so i will have in common with Christ our foes. It becomes ever more clearly that some things are not meant to be and thus another must come in its place. If i am delivered the Word and the right i will receive it ever so gladly and sadly.
I feel for you. I don't know what translator you are using or what your native language is but you might try Google translate. Its not the worst translator out there and from what I'm reading of your posts whatever you are using now, probably is.

"If I am delivered the Word and right I will receive it ever so gladly and sadly." -Dude from South Africa

Lets try this instead... ;) Also notice the use of a comma. :)

'If I correctly receive the word of God, I will be Joyful and Long-Suffering.' -the Liamson version of the last sentence you said.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

HAVE YOU FOUND A WIFE YET??

Hope this was ok, it was the most spiritual font they had on here.

G

GreenNnice

im 21, been saved for 1 year now, and am keen on marriage. i work full time and have a car. i am responsible and have my head screwed on right, everything seems appropriate and responsible for me to persue the next step in life. ever since becoming a christian, ive been on fire for God, always studying the bible, much time in prayer, sharing the gospel with others when i can. but my problem is there just in not a great deal of Godly girls around. Honestly australia dwindles for producing christians, we are a secular nation - plain and simple. yes there may be some godly people out there but they are so hard to find. and if there are professing christian girls in this country they tend to be so wordly and not christian at all.
i am so ready to be married, and really would love the company of a wife.
i honestly just want to focus on God, but its so hard when i also have to combat sexual temptations. i feel that because i am not married, yet trying to keep pure in God's eyes that i am trying to restrain a huge part of what being a 21 yo male is. and it is so hard and distracts me and disencourages me.

please pray that God sends me a Godly wife and soon. im in a great struggle battling thoughts and temptations and feel without intimate companionship. and its not only sex why i want a wife, as i said, its the companionship and intimate love that comes with it.
now i know im gonna get alot of people saying im too young or havent been a christian long enough etc.. but i just need some prayer and some advice would be good for those who are in a similar situation or been through this. thankyou very much for reading. God Bless.
Why did you come on here, TonyDis, and right that diatribe accusation against women, with the whole country of Australia without Godly women. Why would you even make that kind of generalization is my immediate concern (that's not even a question to you) .

You answered some guy, telling him you're from 'Adelaide,' and, then not respond to ANYONE's posts ?????

You didn't get a date, did you :eek:

Just kidding, of course, the green in me, forgive me.

But, yeah....
Did we give you wrong answers???

You did sound SINCERE in your post, just antisocial

The majority of the answers, to me, anyway, seemed maturely given . You said at the end of your post that you wanted some answers.

So???????????

My question is did you get any good answers ?

Thanks, blessings, Ed

M

MyHeartBelongsToJESUS

im 21, been saved for 1 year now, and am keen on marriage. i work full time and have a car. i am responsible and have my head screwed on right, everything seems appropriate and responsible for me to persue the next step in life. ever since becoming a christian, ive been on fire for God, always studying the bible, much time in prayer, sharing the gospel with others when i can. but my problem is there just in not a great deal of Godly girls around. Honestly australia dwindles for producing christians, we are a secular nation - plain and simple. yes there may be some godly people out there but they are so hard to find. and if there are professing christian girls in this country they tend to be so wordly and not christian at all.
i honestly just want to focus on God, but its so hard when i also have to combat sexual temptations. i feel that because i am not married, yet trying to keep pure in God's eyes that i am trying to restrain a huge part of what being a 21 yo male is. and it is so hard and distracts me and disencourages me.

please pray that God sends me a Godly wife and soon. im in a great struggle battling thoughts and temptations and feel without intimate companionship. and its not only sex why i want a wife, as i said, its the companionship and intimate love that comes with it.
now i know im gonna get alot of people saying im too young or havent been a christian long enough etc.. but i just need some prayer and some advice would be good for those who are in a similar situation or been through this. thankyou very much for reading. God Bless.
Psalms 37:4-be inspire with this verse,godbless

R

Repentantnut

I see people making an idol of their future spouse and being completely consumed with getting married it literally just I dunno, irks me.

Why waste all my time daydreaming and setting my heart on tomorrow, when God’s desire for me is to simply be faithful and obedient to where He has me and what He’s calling me to today?

Yes, I want to get married someday; that would be beautiful and such a gift. But if God is more glorified in my singleness, then heck I’m all for it.

I don’t want to be distracted; I want to be devoted. I feel like sometimes we sing, “Bind my wandering heart to Thee” but when we wander, it’s like… well, I thought they were amazing but it turns out You are more so and now I realize it. Sorry. But to bind our hearts to His means it’s joined, fused, interlocked. One and the same, together. Think of what would happen if God’s desires to become one with ours. How often do our desires conflict with His? Isn’t this our struggle often times?

This is not a choice you make: “I’m going to be content in being single!” Yeah, you go ahead and try that and see how that works out. No, this only happens by God working in you. It’s when you surrender your heart to God and spend your time searching out His. It’s when He takes your heart and engages it, exchanges it with His heart.

And then you will be so full of joy and peace you won’t know what to do with yourself!! Instead of investing all your time thinking about one day loving one special person, think of all the people God already has placed around you that you can love and love the heck out of them. Let His love overflow out of you. Be filled up daily by simply fixing your eyes on Jesus and abiding in His love.

What about preparing for getting married? What about praying for my future spouse? What about… Stop. No matter how prepared you try to be, you always are going to need to depend on God in your relationships. It’s not going to be perfect. You should pray for them, but also trust God is taking care of them. He is able. And the best preparation happens by letting God do it. He knows how to ready a bride.

Everyone wants to hear about how God has someone special for them and to wait for that day and spend this time preparing for your future spouse. But I encourage you to pour out your whole life to Christ right now and just watch what He makes of it.
Ashlaa is perfectly right. My previous heart desire was to remarry. Now I look at obeing and serving the Lord first and knowing God, he puts us to the test to see what will be first in our life. I still desire toremarry but that is if God wants me to. I admitI am no eunuque.... and Ive lived he promiscous life. I got sooooooo corrected. And now God tells me he is working it out for me.... cool...... thanks daddy Jesus. But I focus on Him and that is the way anyway. And to tell you, Id rather wait for misses Right apointed by God who cannot and never deceives than going at it again dammm seduction and alll the crap that comes with it. I thank God for his display of mercy in his Son Jesus Christ, else Id be more than dead. So follow the good advice from what is of biblical value and look how God usually blessed the faithwalkers and spurred the sinners I know it is tuff same here in quebec, but isint the Lord worth waiting a little, having faith and enduring? I pray God choose for you according to his will instead you hurting yourself in the times we are in. Sincerely. I cannot go against other comments. But to tell you, I did ask with a long list..... and walked straight to that person out of 10000 singles in my own city to realise my desires were in front of me but we both got scared..... After a two hour chat...We were both interested but it was tooo weird for both of us. It is better to ask the Lord to prepare one for you and receive his instructions. Maybe your views will change in a few months from now and you will realise things. take care bro......

R

Repentantnut

Just another thing, never underestimate God's grace. But resist temptation .I hope I am clear enough. God is mighty, lets attach ourselves to Him and make it throughout the day. That is indeed the first commendment to Love the Lord our God. The verb love in there is to stongly attach ourselves to Him..... Maybe like the bells of the vestment of the sovereign sacrificators.. ... Anyway, would you die for your wife? Would you die for the Lord? Would you give your life for anyone else yourself? The notion of sacrifice is a must in perfect marriage. And when you love your wife and she is in agreement with you..... bingo..... ps.... the verb submitted should translate, in agreement. and should not the dominion of man over a woman.... his wife..... be ...... love? And what is said about love.....,? 1 cor13. If you understand this than.... yeap you can move forward. else..... meditate and pray.

GOD_IS_LOVE

Mar 16, 2009
Seek close fellowship with other believers, either in a group setting, like a prayer group where you can share with others, or a closer friendship with a guy around your age. Jesus sent the disciples by two for good reasons.

B

beloved3

Hello Tonydisciple. My advice for you is wait. And wait on the Lord. I know you may feel like everything is falling into place in your life..you have the Love of the Lord, the car, the full time job.. and the only thing missing is your wife. But here's the tricky part... you say it's so hard and you get distracted and discouraged.. by what? your attempt to be pure? It is hard yes. i was in your situation several years ago when I felt that the only thing missing was a husband. But all the waiting and pining led me to ask myself --I HAVE THE LOVE OF THE LORD.. so what does my incessant pining for wifehood (or a relationship) tell me about me? maybe i was not ready yet? maybe my husband is not ready yet (or still being prepared by the Lord)? maybe I was consumed with FEELINGS that I forgot to take a REAL look at what it is I was asking for. And after many many many months of prayer and seeking God for answers, he tells me --- I was focusing on feelings.. I was feeling happy and feeling quite ready to be a wife, I forgot it was a DECISION. The biggest one next to submitting myself to Jesus and it made me take a hard look at my life..am I ready to disciple children? Do I have the character of a godly wife? Am I ready to put a man, my husband before me? to submit to him? I was not. Yet.

I decided to FOCUS on GOD and all the discouraging, distracting temptations just fell away. As I continued to PURSUE HIM and not a relationship with another person, as I sought him and put him first, HE became everything that I need and more. I am still single now and I can say that I am loving it. I have not yet gone back to God and asked him about my "husband" because He has consumed me in a way that i already feel complete. When that time comes, then great! But until then I am still.

I pray God gives you the strength to hold fast and wait on Him -- and His perfect timing. He showed Joseph that the "sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing" down to him maaany years before his family actually did and it took years and years of PASSION, PREPARATION, AND PURITY on his part before the PROMISE came. Be assured of this brother, your wife will come. For now perhaps that is all you need to know. God bless you. Happy waiting to you!!!!

V

veritas7

all i can say is i feel your pain brother, i don't judge you and i fully understand the frustration you feel. Sometimes we crave marriage because we crave emotional intimacy and support, and God knows He fulfills us spiritually but we need companionship. I'm a 35 year old woman and i'm going through the same struggles, i sadly went through divorce after salvation because my ex felt i was overdoing the Jesus obsession and he kicked me out; it's been 6 years and i've been in serious emotional pain wanting companionship and having to wait on the Lord. I personally encourage you to pray this prayer point: Lord please be master over my sexuality and my emotions, please fulfill my needs and help me with this issue. I need you Lord, please bless me and strentghten me. Stay strong brother, there are millions of sincere lovely christian women and girls on this planet. Don't let satan discourage you.

R

rauleetoe

Based on your posts, so far, it's gonna be pretty hard if you think you're the only person who is really a Christian.

Don't ignore the advice here. You're not only young in years on this Earth, but you're also a brand new Christian.

You need to be ready to be a good husband and lead a Godly family...you need to really know what that means and allow God to make you that guy. Don't worry that the women aren't good enough for you (lol), worry that you're not good enough for a Christian marriage yet.

You'll get there, but trust in the Lord and work on His timeline, not your own.
What they said..i am pushing 34 years..never married..been a christian for a while but ive been pruned lately..i thank God that i did not marry whoever i wanted to marry when i was your age..i wouldnt had made a spiritual decision....grow first..you are so young..hardly a man at the young age of 21..get a hobby..join a mens group..delight yourself in Jesus...eventually he will give you the desires of your heart