Keep your eyes on me.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Jesus asked us to keep our eyes on Him.

I sometimes wonder if we forget just how important this is.
Too often we look to all that is going wrong in the world, our lives.
Or more often, to who or what is wrong. :)
Now this is not to say pointing out deception is wrong, for this is also important.
But, how can we know what is good, what is right, what is lovely, pure and true in Jesus?
If we spend our time looking for which is wrong, or at what is wrong, or who is wrong?

It is only in keeping our eyes on Jesus, through the many ways we are called to..
that we will find and see all that is good, rightous, lovely, pure and true is Jesus. :)

May we all, be reminded of the gift and glory that is always before us in Jesus.
As long as we remeber, who to look to. :)

So when that day spoken to comes, we will easly recognise who is the deceiver, and will joyfully know our Lord Jesus!

In Jesus, God bless :)
pickles

God bless
pickles

Last edited:
T

TaylorTG

No, I certainly won't keep my eyes on you; pickles taste terrible!!

Oh, you're talking about Christ..um..

Yeah yeah yeah I agree Ms. Pickles. Without all that is going on in today's world, we must turn to Christ, the prince of peace, the buddy who is our true peace.

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
Jesus asked us to keep our eyes on Him.

I sometimes wonder if we forget just how important this is.
Too often we look to all that is going wrong in the world, our lives.
Or more often, to who or what is wrong. :)
Now this is not to say pointing out deception is wrong, for this is also important.
But, how can we know what is good, what is right, what is lovely, pure and true in Jesus?
If we spend our time looking for which is wrong, or at what is wrong, or who is wrong?

It is only in keeping our eyes on Jesus, through the many ways we are called to..
that we will find and see all that is good, rightous, lovely, pure and true is Jesus. :)

May we all, be reminded of the gift and glory that is always before us in Jesus.
As long as we remeber, who to look to. :)

So when that day spoken to comes, we will easly recognise who is the deceiver, and will joyfully know our Lord Jesus!

pickles

God bless
pickles
We can only know what's wrong by finding what is right, Christ our King. Pointing out deceptions are really important in this age of the church history because false doctrines are running rampant and without being checked on a massive scale. The Gospel message is preached in the rebuke of deceptions. Not only are we to seek Christ, but we are to lead others to him. This includes those deceived.

J

J-Kay-2

I believe Pickles, when we are called by Jesus we know His voice. "27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. " However, I noticed for quite some time when one tries to seek Christ, there are so many false prophets ready to pounce on an innocent victim. It is why we have so many controversial comments made about who the real Jesus is. Praying we will never take our eyes off Jesus to follow a man. Thank you for this message ~ It is most needed.~ God bless you ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 21, 2014
I believe Pickles, when we are called by Jesus we know His voice. "27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. " However, I noticed for quite some time when one tries to seek Christ, there are so many false prophets ready to pounce on an innocent victim. It is why we have so many controversial comments made about who the real Jesus is. Praying we will never take our eyes off Jesus to follow a man. Thank you for this message ~ It is most needed.~ God bless you ~
Keeping close to Scripture is very important.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou all so much for your responces. :)
All good thoughts and words. :)

Sorry it took a while to get back. :)
I agree, we do need to look to the scriptures, for this is how we can know Jesus.
So no debate there. :)
Scripture also says if we want to know Him, we must walk as He walked. :)
I brought this post though, not to reject spoken truth in scripture, or to dismiss correction, as these are important.
But to remind us all about who we have faith in, and who does all work in us.
Too often, correction becomes so important, that we forget the goal.
That goal being Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh! :)
Please do not misunderstand, I dont want to say scripture and correction is wrong.
But sometimes when I read the posts here, I wonder what happened to faith, with so many so determined to correct?
Faith is to know that God's work is done through us, but also that Jesus will not let any take us from His hand.
Paul spoke to how we are not of a spirit that discourages, but one that encourages. :)
That is the reason for this posting, yes the thief will seek to steal, kill and destroy in any way he can.
We see this every day.
But we must know Jesus first, if we are to know who we seek, if we keep looking to what is wrong, we can loose sight.
We can know in faith, that by setting always our eyes on Jesus, He will not let us be taken from Him!
He will guide us and keep us safe!
For as long as we seek Jesus, His kingdom first, the rest will not have any hold on us. :)

In Jesus, God bless
pickles

K

Kerry

Thankyou all so much for your responces. :)
All good thoughts and words. :)

Sorry it took a while to get back. :)
I agree, we do need to look to the scriptures, for this is how we can know Jesus.
So no debate there. :)
Scripture also says if we want to know Him, we must walk as He walked. :)
I brought this post though, not to reject spoken truth in scripture, or to dismiss correction, as these are important.
But to remind us all about who we have faith in, and who does all work in us.
Too often, correction becomes so important, that we forget the goal.
That goal being Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh! :)
Please do not misunderstand, I dont want to say scripture and correction is wrong.
But sometimes when I read the posts here, I wonder what happened to faith, with so many so determined to correct?
Faith is to know that God's work is done through us, but also that Jesus will not let any take us from His hand.
Paul spoke to how we are not of a spirit that discourages, but one that encourages. :)
That is the reason for this posting, yes the thief will seek to steal, kill and destroy in any way he can.
We see this every day.
But we must know Jesus first, if we are to know who we seek, if we keep looking to what is wrong, we can loose sight.
We can know in faith, that by setting always our eyes on Jesus, He will not let us be taken from Him!
He will guide us and keep us safe!
For as long as we seek Jesus, His kingdom first, the rest will not have any hold on us. :)

In Jesus, God bless
pickles
we must stay focused on the cross as so many things tend to distract us. Jesus is everything and I must that I have been guilty of saying stuff that I should not have and I ask every ones forgiveness.

And I make my own pickles every year and everybody just loves them. Cucumbers (that I grow) dill, garlic, salt, water, vinegar, alum, mustard seed and in some i put habanero's.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
we must stay focused on the cross as so many things tend to distract us. Jesus is everything and I must that I have been guilty of saying stuff that I should not have and I ask every ones forgiveness.

And I make my own pickles every year and everybody just loves them. Cucumbers (that I grow) dill, garlic, salt, water, vinegar, alum, mustard seed and in some i put habanero's.
Me too, :) thus my online name.
I love makeing hot pickles too.:)

God bless
pickles

Oct 31, 2011
Me too, :) thus my online name.
I love makeing hot pickles too.:) God bless pickles
For me, it is kosher pickles using salt to preserve. Shake them every day, with praise and prayer to the Lord.

Just think!! of Christ taking on all our sin, of Christ making our salvation available to us!! People cheer at football games, what a bummer, compared to what Christ did for us. Compare getting a ball to go a certain way to having eternal life!

Yet, think of the many scripture we have for how to live in Christ after we are saved!! How to make our marriage work. How to handle parents that are not Christ centered. It is like showing a path within the kingdom with stones showing sin that wrecks the path along the way, and how to live within the path with contentment and God's abundance. What!! if our nation followed those instructions!

Even following an OT path to a Friday night praise dinner celebrating the blessing God gives the Sabbath, such a simple thing is a delight. There is the singing, the psalms, the men praising their wives, the love expressed. And that is only part of the OT, we have all that Christ offers with His life on this earth, too.

Feb 17, 2010
Pickles as long as we LOOK to the glory of Jesus it means we have not the glory of Jesus (then he is not yet glorified in us), and we will be shut out. We should not LOOK at Jesus, we should all BE JESUS. Jesus should be glorified in us or we have NO CHANCE of EVER getting that glory.

People that still LOOK at glory and are not the SHINING LIGHT of GLORY and they still NEED JESUS, that means they do not HAVE JESUS YET!!!!

One that looks upon Jesus, still LOOKS and does not HAVE Jesus. I should already be glorified with Jesus IN ME, not LOOK upon His glory but BE GLORIFIED with Him IN ME! But then only God can implant Jesus, no man can. So it is up to God when and to whom He does this...

I am reminded of this verse...
Joh 17:10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
Imagine Jesus is glorified IN YOU! WOW!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
With regards to the Title of the OP:

watching[1].gif

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Pickles as long as we LOOK to the glory of Jesus it means we have not the glory of Jesus (then he is not yet glorified in us), and we will be shut out. We should not LOOK at Jesus, we should all BE JESUS. Jesus should be glorified in us or we have NO CHANCE of EVER getting that glory.

People that still LOOK at glory and are not the SHINING LIGHT of GLORY and they still NEED JESUS, that means they do not HAVE JESUS YET!!!!

One that looks upon Jesus, still LOOKS and does not HAVE Jesus. I should already be glorified with Jesus IN ME, not LOOK upon His glory but BE GLORIFIED with Him IN ME! But then only God can implant Jesus, no man can. So it is up to God when and to whom He does this...

I am reminded of this verse...
Joh 17:10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
Imagine Jesus is glorified IN YOU! WOW!
Cobus, Im not fully in agreement with you here, but it may be simply in how you word what you are saying.

Jesus is within us, before us , behind us, above us, beneath us, beside us.
And Jesus did say keep your eyes on me. :)
His glory is trully seen in all and within those who love Him.
Jesus did say though that we may be one with Him as He is one with the Father, so if this is why you said we are Jesus?
I understand what you are trying to say here.
As to saying that those who speak as I have, do not know and live as a lamp shining the glory and perfect given in Jesus?
I can only say be careful in what you judge, for to claime such is to assume, and only God trully knows and judges the heart of all men.
I only want to say that it saddens me that because one says look to Jesus, you assume that one does not know of, or are not a testament of His glory.
For to look to Jesus is to be presant always in His Spirit, and not in flesh, knowing a peace that trully does surpass all understanding.
Saying look to Jesus is simply to say live in His spirit, not in flesh, to walk as He walked, and to know He is the way, the truth and the life.
It is only that no words can fully speak to His presance and glory, other than praise, so maby to say, live giving glory
to Jesus, may better serve what you speak to. :)

Anyway, I hope this makes all clearer to you, and brings a better understanding to what is spoken to. :)

pickles

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Hebrews 12:1) Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 .) Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou kay, :)
I used to wonder who we were to speak to, pray to...
Jesus, or God Our Father.
Tehn I came across scripture where Jesus said," If you speak to me you speak to the Father, if you speak to the Father you speak to me."
My question was answered. :)

God bless:)
pickles