Legalism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
I know for a fact that every human being that walks the face of this earth lies.
I know for a fact that everyone has lied. But still lies not so sure about that.

It sounds to me that you do not know the power of God in Christ to convert the heart.

Dec 19, 2009
NO. Not at all.

So why are you preaching law if Jesus led you to repent? Shouldn't you be preaching the miraculous transformation the Lord Jesus Christ has done in your life?
It's a package: The Lord led me to repent. I repented. He transformed my life. He will do the same for anybody who follows him. But you have to follow him.

F

FreeNChrist

The truth is, you are a liar, a fornicator, a murder, a thief and an idolater, we all are... only you wont admit it.
Hmmmmm. Is a liar a liar because he lies, or does he lie because he is a liar?

Nov 23, 2013
I know for a fact that everyone has lied. But still lies not so sure about that.

It sounds to me that you do not know the power of God in Christ to convert the heart.
It sounds to me like your lying... come on man do actually expect me to believe you never lie, never covet, never lust.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
1COR 6:9-11
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[SUP]10 [/SUP]Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

So your boast has to be in the Lord. You are sanctified and Justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

You aren't sanctified by your work at the law. You aren't justified because you gave up being a sinner.

The Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are the whole reason why we are Righteous and why we call ourselves Christian.

Not our work at the law or our abstaining from the works of the flesh.

Right?

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
It sounds to me like your lying... come on man do actually expect me to believe you never lie, never covet, never lust.
As far as what I do or don't do you have no idea as you don't know me. So whatever I tell you you will not believe because you do not know the power of God.

But I will testify that there is power in Christ to overcome the old man of sin.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
It's a package: The Lord led me to repent. I repented. He transformed my life. He will do the same for anybody who follows him. But you have to follow him.
Yes. You have to follow Him. But you don't follow Him by your work at the law. You follow Him by His Holy Spirit.

How did you miss this part of your walk?

Nov 23, 2013
No, I don't commit all the sins, do I? There is still one I struggle with.
I seriously doubt that you have conquered these two.

Matthew 5:28 KJV
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matthew 5:21-22 KJV
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: [22] But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Dec 19, 2009
Yes. You have to follow Him. But you don't follow Him by your work at the law. You follow Him by His Holy Spirit.

In Matthew 4:17 he instructed us to repent of our sin. Is it wrong for me to quote him?

Dec 19, 2009
I seriously doubt that you have conquered these two.

Matthew 5:28 KJV
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matthew 5:21-22 KJV
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: [22] But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Even if I recently have been guilty of two, that doesn't make me guilty of all of them, does it?

F

FreeNChrist

Funny, I haves always thought how great it is that we get to follow Him.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I think legalism is telling people what to do and not lifting a finger to help them.

F

FreeNChrist

I think legalism is telling people what to do and not lifting a finger to help them.
Thats what I said to my Supervisor.....just before he fired me.

Last edited by a moderator:

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
exactly. the Mosaic law was given to Israel only. not the whole world. but behold, the Lamb of God , who takes away the sins of the world,