Letters used in Hebrew manuascripts , etc.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RachelBibleStudent

Go find a rabbi and get him on here then we will talk he will never debate me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rabbis do not know this rachael the kabalah dosent teach this this all points to YESHUA get over yourself young lady.
you are using the same bogus methods they use...only drawing a different conclusion...

the fact that you can get more than one result from the same text and the same method should be a hint as to just how invalid the method is...

R

RachelBibleStudent

The late hebrew is also known as the paleo hebrew. It is also believed but can't be proven exactly, that the Torah (books of Moses) were written in pictography hebrew (picture letters)(also known as ancient hebrew) much like you see of the egyptian hieroglyphs. I have a copy of the Torah written in picto hebrew, it's really awesome. It's fun to read. The dead sea scroll Museum has the entire Isaiah scroll under glass in a circular display. It is awesome.
the paleo hebrew alphabet is actually closer to what is labelled 'middle' on the chart...the 'late' alphabet is similar to modern day aramaic and samaritan scripts...

the torah would have been written in the 'middle' script...the semitic alphabet had already progressed beyond the 'early' pictographic stage by the time the torah was written...

i have seen 'pictographic hebrew' torah books being sold...to be bluntly honest it is something of a scam...someone has transliterated the torah into an alphabet system it was never actually written in...

W

wdeaton65

you are using the same bogus methods they use...only drawing a different conclusion...

the fact that you can get more than one result from the same text and the same method should be a hint as to just how invalid the method is...
shamah israel ywhw elohaynew ywhw achud what does that mean

R

RachelBibleStudent

Yeshua says not me. John 5;39 Search the scriptures HE says they TESTIFY of HIM what do you think HE is talking about Kabalah deals with the form and function of the babylonian text deconstruting each letter not pictures that point to Yeshua.
All around the world the Lord is at work nobody is going to stop HIM from showing those who are willing to learn.
I hope some of you look into this.
your scripture reference actually disproves what you are claiming... jesus says that the scriptures -testify- of him...by nature testimony is clear and obvious...not coded or hidden...

'deconstructing each letter' is exactly what you are doing...you are associating the letters with pictures and imagining the pictures that make up the words are conveying a hidden meaning...

your method ignores how words are actually constructed in hebrew...they are derived from three letter roots...not assembled letter by letter... it has no real grammatical or linguistic basis and it is not legitimate exegesis...

really it is nothing more than pious sounding divination...

R

RachelBibleStudent

'hear israel yahweh our God yahweh is one'...but your hebrew transliteration is very weird...

K

kenisyes

'hear israel yahweh our God yahweh is one'...but your hebrew transliteration is very weird...
Have you ever looked back the old commentaries, from the 1700's-1800's? The transliteration was an evolving thing. If you notice, when a Hebrew word comes up, I often provide the hebrew letter spelling, just because of this. I don't think there is an agreement among scholars even now. Beth is b or v, vav is v or w or o or u, ayin can be many things, aleph sometimes is an h, and the vowels are really unpredictable. With the Jews in Israel since 1948, I'm sure their universtities are standardizing it, but this takes time.

Apr 9, 2013
Rachel,

You're right, I meant to put middle for the paleo, I was thinking of what I wanted to say about the modern for the "late" and put that as paleo by mistake. Thanks for the correction.
I agree, the Torah was most likely written in paleo, but during the time that Israel was in the wilderness for 40 yrs. pictographic writing was still happening, perticularly the egyptian. But I agree it was most likely paleo.

As for the picto. Torah, I'm pretty thorough about checking out the quality of the text especially if I'm going to buy it. It does translate correctly. But if nothing else it is fun.

Last edited:
R

RachelBibleStudent

what does it mean rachael
it was moses telling the israelites about the unity of God...a rejection of polytheism and triadism and various pagan 'split personality' approaches to God...

W

wdeaton65

it was moses telling the israelites about the unity of God...a rejection of polytheism and triadism and various pagan 'split personality' approaches to God...
NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NPOT NPT NNPONBLKNSFVKNGBKLFGBLKLKBRK EVERY THING IS ABOUT YESHUA

R

RachelBibleStudent

Have you ever looked back the old commentaries, from the 1700's-1800's? The transliteration was an evolving thing. If you notice, when a Hebrew word comes up, I often provide the hebrew letter spelling, just because of this. I don't think there is an agreement among scholars even now. Beth is b or v, vav is v or w or o or u, ayin can be many things, aleph sometimes is an h, and the vowels are really unpredictable. With the Jews in Israel since 1948, I'm sure their universtities are standardizing it, but this takes time.
i have seen varying transliterations...for example keil and delitzsch used 'thorah' instead of 'torah'

but even by those standards his transliteration was weird...i guess he was trying to give more of a phonetic spelling than a letter by letter transliteration...

R

RachelBibleStudent

NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NPOT NPT NNPONBLKNSFVKNGBKLFGBLKLKBRK EVERY THING IS ABOUT YESHUA
and let me guess...you know this from the secret code God shared with you?

W

wdeaton65

and let me guess...you know this from the secret code God shared with you?
How about another blossom video you did not even no anything about the Menorah how could anyone that reads hebrew not of none how yhwh described it HHHHHMMMMMMM

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Well, from what you have written it sounds like the Shema from Deut. 6. Hear oh Israel the Lord our God is one. If it was in Hebrew, I could tell you for certain.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I see only 2 letter that are even a tiny bit different from Modern Hebrew in the late Hebrew. Once you have written in Hebrew for a while, the letters get a bit sloppy, and you start to understand it even if it is fact.

All that esoteric stuff about Hebrew and joining letter is just nonsense.

As for the Talmud, it is shocking how man made it is. I've only read a bit, but it just twisted the Bible to death. Which is how you get kosher food laws out of not boiling a goat in his mother's milk.

W

wdeaton65

I see only 2 letter that are even a tiny bit different from Modern Hebrew in the late Hebrew. Once you have written in Hebrew for a while, the letters get a bit sloppy, and you start to understand it even if it is fact.

All that esoteric stuff about Hebrew and joining letter is just nonsense.

As for the Talmud, it is shocking how man made it is. I've only read a bit, but it just twisted the Bible to death. Which is how you get kosher food laws out of not boiling a goat in his mother's milk.
This is about the pictographic hebrew she says it is rabbinical and talmud nonsense That is a lie it has nothing to do with any of that and it is not the kabalah. I am done with this subject she doesent even know how to prove what a cubit is so I say again DONE people can believe what ever they want but I wont take some one tell me they are going to teach me pictograpohic or biblical hebrew who cant understand it without googleing it.

K

kenisyes

As we indeed should, in everything, actually. <smile>
And this is my comment as to the validity of the stories in Talmud, and to shapes of letters. This is what they are good for, no more, no less. My life is all the richer for having read such things, as that time could have been spent in less Godly pursuits. Yet, it added nothing to my salvation.

T

Therapon

And this is my comment as to the validity of the stories in Talmud, and to shapes of letters. This is what they are good for, no more, no less. My life is all the richer for having read such things, as that time could have been spent in less Godly pursuits. Yet, it added nothing to my salvation.
Of course. And the older I get the more I realize that God is far less concerned with our dictrines than He is with our having a humble and contrite heart before Him.

Mat 23:2-3 "Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works"

There probably was not a more corrupt church system than that of the Pharisees, and yet Jesus commanded the people to obey them, but to not be like them. Does that same principle apply for our questionable church leaders of today andf not, why not?

T

Therapon

Sorry, I got us off topic. my apologies.