Living on the right side of the cross

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

charisenexcelcis

"Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world."
He was before me, yet he took my sins. He was after Abraham (and yet he was before Abraham) and he took away the sin of Abraham.The "lamb who was slain from the foundation of the world."

G

greatkraw

I think you're saying that you believed, questioned the faith, then turned away but because you had believed at the beginning and the Holy Spirit was sealed within you, God pulled you back through the Holy Spirit. Or maybe I got it entirely wrong? lol
I would say you pretty well nailed it.:D

2 Tim 2:13 if we believe not, yet He abideth faithful; He cannot deny Himself.

Last edited:
G

greatkraw

Snail, people grieve the Spirit every day. You certainly do. And they do not lose their salvation.

Jan 8, 2009
You're the one saying you can be an atheist and still go to heaven. Now it appears you are lying that you were an atheist.

I've presented scriptures, argue with them not me.

M

machew

I find it amazing how easily people get off topic by arguing about a subtopic that eventually becomes it's own topic

O

oopsies

I would say you pretty well nailed it.:D

2 Tim 2:13 if we believe not, yet He abideth faithful; He cannot deny Himself.
I have a friend who's going through that right now. Would you be willing to share what happened with your situation? I know there's nothing I can do for my friend - it's his journey and only God can help him but it's a bit of a comfort to know that it isn't hopeless for him.

G

greatkraw

I have a friend who's going through that right now. Would you be willing to share what happened with your situation? I know there's nothing I can do for my friend - it's his journey and only God can help him but it's a bit of a comfort to know that it isn't hopeless for him.
no worries,

I told MisMisa/KitKat/Cassandra she should start a thread for exAtheists.

C

ChristsArmorBearer

The reason that many continue in sin is because they have no power over sin. Many have tried to sincerely repent over and over and that didn't work. They cried out to God in their weakness and asked God to overcome their sin for them and it did not happen. They tried to restrain themselves and for awhile they had victory but went right back into it. After all that they gave up and said the heck with it. God must not want to give me victory over my sin and they backslid and didn't care what happened to them or what others thought about them. They probably thought they lost their salvation and that God didn't care about them any longer and gave up on them. EVERY SINGLE THOUGHT THEY HAD ABOUT NOT GETTING VICTORY OVER SIN AND WHAT GOD THINKS ABOUT THEM IS ABSOLUTE LIES! And those lies did not come from God or His word either.

The reason they don't have victory over sin is because they have the wrong idea about what God did on the cross to their sin, they don't understand positional truth from God's viewpoint and they are not receiving grace that would give strength in their weakness. Because of these things they live in guilt and condemnation when they sin and are never built up and edified by God's word and don't realize that the blood of Christ covers them when they sin just as much as when they don't sin. The are instantly defeated in their mental attitude when the thought of sin enters their mind and they are drawn away of their own lust and enticed with no power through grace to live in victory over sin.

I have plenty more I would like to say but I will leave it there for now. One last thing. Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world / 1Jn 2:2, that is for every single sin from every man born under heaven, that would ever be committed in this life, past, present, future and with no exceptions. If that was not true then His sacrifice and atonement would be incomplete and His blood would be limited in its power it has to cleanse us from ALL sin and justify the ungodly. You want the verses on this, I'll give them to you on the next post, and there are plenty.
It's funny how we do agree on so many things except the single issue of future sin. I completely agree that many give in to condemnation because they do not possess a balanced perspective concerning grace however never have I yet to read a single piece of scripture that speaks of forgiveness void of repentence.

Please do not think I'm trying to argue, in all seriousness I would like to better understand what it is that you all believe and I encourage you to share the scriptures that you feel justify your claims. I promise to give them serious consideration seeing as I do not believe that it is your intent to manipulate scripture by "adding" someting to scripture that God never intended to be there .

M

machew

It's funny how we do agree on so many things except the single issue of future sin. I completely agree that many give in to condemnation because they do not possess a balanced perspective concerning grace however never have I yet to read a single piece of scripture that speaks of forgiveness void of repentence.

Please do not think I'm trying to argue, in all seriousness I would like to better understand what it is that you all believe and I encourage you to share the scriptures that you feel justify your claims. I promise to give them serious consideration seeing as I do not believe that it is your intent to manipulate scripture by "adding" someting to scripture that God never intended to be there .
The consequence of what you are saying, condemns all people to hell in spite of the cross. Think about what you are saying. Have you sinned since you were saved? Then according to your viewpoint you are going to hell. Any sin after your salvation would be a future sin.

If God is outside of time, which He is, then He already knows every sin we are going to commit. He is not surprised or disappointed with us every time we sin. He already knows where we are going to be each day and took it into account on the cross.

M

machew

An interesting perspective on looking at grace. I don't know if I'm ready to go to the other side just yet... I still think if I do something wrong, I will still be punished, yes forgiven too but forgiveness doesn't mean there's no punishment.
It is true that there are still consequences to our actions here on Earth that still happen. We still have to take responsibility for our decisions, but in heaven any sin we truly repent for is not taken into account. What is taken into account as Christians is how well we managed and stewarded what God gave us while we were here.

G

greatkraw

It is true that there are still consequences to our actions here on Earth that still happen. We still have to take responsibility for our decisions, but in heaven any sin we truly repent for is not taken into account. What is taken into account as Christians is how well we managed and stewarded what God gave us while we were here.
ALL our sins are covered by the blood.
Our only judgement will be on our deeds, not our sins.

C

ChristsArmorBearer

The consequence of what you are saying, condemns all people to hell in spite of the cross. Think about what you are saying. Have you sinned since you were saved? Then according to your viewpoint you are going to hell. Any sin after your salvation would be a future sin.

If God is outside of time, which He is, then He already knows every sin we are going to commit. He is not surprised or disappointed with us every time we sin. He already knows where we are going to be each day and took it into account on the cross.
gotta go to work so this is real brief... i appologize if it seems a bit cold but .... the prob is machew that i have yet to read one single piece of scripture regarding god forgiving premeditated future sin, sin you knew that you should not commit yet you did it any way despite knowing it is going to grieve the holy spirit , do this enough times and it is evidence that your heart is clearly not in the right place or in good standing with god. i do not believe that we can abuse god's grace like that. you all are basing your doctrine on assumptions. I want solid scriptural proof. until theni fear that this doctrine is in violation of adding to the scriptures.

Jan 8, 2009
God forgives us when we repent. Not until then, and not in spite of. In other words, God does not forgive a future sin until it is committed and repented of.

S

shad

It's funny how we do agree on so many things except the single issue of future sin. I completely agree that many give in to condemnation because they do not possess a balanced perspective concerning grace however never have I yet to read a single piece of scripture that speaks of forgiveness void of repentance.

Please do not think I'm trying to argue, in all seriousness I would like to better understand what it is that you all believe and I encourage you to share the scriptures that you feel justify your claims. I promise to give them serious consideration seeing as I do not believe that it is your intent to manipulate scripture by "adding" something to scripture that God never intended to be there .
There are many that believe in a limited atonement. They believe that Christ only paid for the sins of those who would believe, but you are also limiting the atonement by believing that the blood of Christ only paid for the sins that are past, or those we were guilty of prior to being saved. You believe that any sin after salvation must be repented of. If we were only cleansed and forgiven of all sin prior to salvation then what has God provided to atone for the sins we commit after salvation? How can we repent of any sin that you imply was not paid for by the blood of Christ?

The blood of Christ has atoned for all sin. The blood of Christ is applied to our sin in the same way whether in the past, the present or the future. When we read that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, it refers to all sin coming short and not just some sin. When we believed and were reconciled to God, He did not impute (put on our account) a single sin or trespass, but instead He imputed His righteousness and accepted us on the basis of what His Son did to all of our sin on the cross. If all our sin was not dealt with on the cross we would only be accepted by God at salvation and would be rejected every time we sin or failed.

What would be the point of having grace, the Holy Spirit and the righteousness of God if all of that could be relinquished through a future sin that we might commit, whether it be a sin of commission, omission or anything that is not of faith. If one thought is going to be able to disqualify us from these things that God has given us by grace then we can have no confidence in the power of God or any insurance of faith. If repentance is the only answer to future sin and not the blood of Christ, you make repentance greater that what Christ did on he cross. We preach Christ and Him crucified not repentance. We are crucified with Christ and live by the faith of the Son of God and not repentance.

Jan 8, 2009
Shad there's a very important reason why Christ taught us to pray often, in the Lord's prayer, "forgive us our sins...."

To preach Christ and Him crucified is also to preach repentance,

Luke 24:46-47
He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day,and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

you come up with some really strange ideas sometimes (such as preaching Christ and not repentance).

Last edited:
C

charisenexcelcis

God forgives us when we repent. Not until then, and not in spite of. In other words, God does not forgive a future sin until it is committed and repented of.
So, if you, in a fit of anger, slug someone in the face and a moment later have a heart attack and die, what happens?

Oct 23, 2009
So, if you, in a fit of anger, slug someone in the face and a moment later have a heart attack and die, what happens?
I don't believe we ever die. Therefore, there is always time to repent. However, we suffer until we do repent.

Jan 8, 2009
You could go to hell. God said He won't forgive us unless we forgive others.

Status
Not open for further replies.