Looking for Male input/advise on my marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Karchani

Apr 19, 2017
House is falling apart and husband will not do anything to take care of house, me, family, just works and hides his cash away.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
House is falling apart and husband will not do anything to take care of house, me, family, just works and hides his cash away.
Have y'all tried communicating about your feelings? How does he respond? Has trust been broken? Any significant changes or life events (death, health issues, change in job, etc)?

Typically your best bet is to find a Biblical counselor who will hear both sides, from each of your perspectives, and then help bridge the gap in communication, encourage positive change, and enact action steps for each of you to focus on.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Is this the same husband who lied about being Muslim you complained about 5 years ago?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Sorry to hear this. Looks like he does not love you or your family. You might want to seek some legal advice.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
It's best if you can talk to people who know you, and know your situation.
You should try talking to your church pastor, or some mature Christian women that you know and trust.

Mar 10, 2023
So basically he does not participate as a father or husband. How long has this been going on? Have you brought this up to him? What was his response?

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
It would be irresponsible for anyone to give you advice without first understanding your situation much better. There simply isn't enough information to answer all of your concerns.
As has been suggested, finding a person locally that you can trust would be a great place to start.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I am a husband who is head of 60 year plus house hold.

Step by step. Let's start with you first take care of.

What do you do and what exactly do you want him to do?

Karchani

Apr 19, 2017

What do you do and what exactly do you want him to do?[/Q

So basically he does not participate as a father or husband. How long has this been going on? Have you brought this up to him? What was his response?
yes basiclly, I still do everything as i did before he got here. except the things he said he would take care of with the house. I think i did way to much for him and didn't require anything in return and now im in this bad place.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Let's see.

What do you mean "I still do everything as i did before he got here. except the things he said he would take care of with the house. "?

Is he doing what he said he would do before you were married?

Karchani

Apr 19, 2017

I still take care of everything i did before he moved in , except the fixing house and yard that he
i guess my question is, if he will not take care of the house, should I just do it?

Karchani

Apr 19, 2017
Let's see.

What do you mean "I still do everything as i did before he got here. except the things he said he would take care of with the house. "?

Is he doing what he said he would do before you were married?
no he is not, so i kinda wonder if i should just pay to get the house fixed myself.

Karchani

Apr 19, 2017
House is falling apart and husband will not do anything to take care of house, me, family, just works and hides his cash away. Should I just pay to get the house fixes myself?

ISHAH

Mar 11, 2023

Hi there Karchani,
I am not a male, but I can tell you where masculine marital advice is. See 1 Corinthians chapters 6 and 7 written by Paul. He wrote thoroughly about a variety of marital circumstances.

Be encouraged to receive whatsoever instruction Ishi has for you and remain in the direction He shows you without deviation- even if you don't understand how or why His instructions will help you. Sometimes what Ishi tells us seems like something we won't like, but the reward of perseverance unto Ishi is greater in magnitude than the relief of grief caused by another person.

Therefore, remember Love and Kindness in the face of all adversity. Not because of service toward any person, but to be pleasing before Ishi. Let them curse, but let words of blessing remain within your mouth and heart. Do this and bear witness of the Power of Ishi, guaranteed!

ISHI: Hosea 2:16 KJV And it shall be at that day, saith the Lord, that thou shalt call me ISHI; and shalt call me no more Baali.

May Ishi bless your heart with strength and give you rest from all grievances.

Ishah

Karchani

Apr 19, 2017
Five years and no resolution? Looks like you are the one at fault for hangin' around.
you do know this is a Christian Chat right? because your post are useless, of no value, and are not biblical. so pls move along.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
you do know this is a Christian Chat right? because your post are useless, of no value, and are not biblical. so pls move along.
Christian Chat means telling the truth, even if it hurts. So if you don't like the truth that is not my problem.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
are you both born again Christians?
Are you both born again Christians? counseling of course must be tried. new ideas must be brought in the marriage. try surprises accompanied with love letters. leave romantic quotes here & there in the house. by all means request the Holy Spirit's assistance. pray to Jesus. i will pray for you. find some of his biggest interests in life & show him interest that your interested in those items.