lottery

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 9, 2011
If a friend asked you to give them a ride to the store to buy a lottery ticket,would you?and also would you buy a ticket for yourself,and if you won,what would you do.

Last edited:

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
I would take them, yes i would probably buy one, it depends on how much i won,not saying it is right or wrong to gamble,that is a personal
thing, i like to play sometimes for fun,
Be blessed

Aug 2, 2009
I would give the friend a ride but I wouldn't buy one myself. I've had too many times in my life when I felt very lucky and bought tickets but didn't win anything. Sometimes I would win a dollar or two by matching two or three numbers, but thats all.

Nov 10, 2011
Well it isn't a sin, so I don't see why not as long as it isn't a big problem for you or your friend.

And how much are we talking. I have a 10% rule. I always give 10% to charity.

Dec 9, 2011
Well it isn't a sin, so I don't see why not as long as it isn't a big problem for you or your friend.

And how much are we talking. I have a 10% rule. I always give 10% to charity.
What if you won 100 million,but you had a strong feeling,not to take it,would you liston and let the 100 million go on by?

Dec 19, 2009
If a friend asked you to give them a ride to the store to buy a lottery ticket,would you?and also would you buy a ticket for yourself,and if you won,what would you do.
I think gambling is an evil thing. If I had a winning lottery ticket, I'd probably cash it in. Maybe that's hypocritical. Doesn't matter, because I wouldnt' buy one.

Jul 24, 2010
Yeah I'd give him a ride. Chances are I needed to run by the store anyways lol. If I won I'd pay off my debt and put the rest away in savings for when murphy's law rears its ugly head.

T

Toriberry

I would probably give him or her a ride but I wouldn't buy one myself. Not because I believe I would be sinning by doing so but because I have no desire to gamble.

Nov 10, 2011
What if you won 100 million,but you had a strong feeling,not to take it,would you liston and let the 100 million go on by?

Like a gut feeling?

For me that is pretty easy to say I would let it go. I already make alot of money, part of that evil 1%. But if I had no money and won 100 million...I think it would be a much different story. I grew up poor, and there was a time I would have punched my grandma in the face for money (not literally).

J

jkalyna

:) :D IM GRINING I WON A LOT OF MONEY AND NOW I CAN PAY THE BILLS AND PUT FOOD ON THE TABLE AND GIVE TO THE FOOD PANTRY. THE PRINCICPLE OF SOWING AND REAPING YOU SOW A FEW BUCKS, YOU MIGHT GET A HARVEST.:D LITTLE IS MUCH WHEN GOD IS IN IT. I KNOW A LOT OF BELIEVERS, WHO PRAYED FOR THE RIGHT BEFORE GOING AND WON THOUSANDS, SOME MILLIONS.:D

Sep 13, 2012
I heard something about the man in Georgia who found a lottery ticket on the ground and won millions, I rarely platy a dollar, but it doesn't hold much interest for me, what i dont understand is people playing hundreds of dollars, if you are going to play, your odds are almost the same if you buy one ticket or a hundred tickets, i think it's something like you would have to buy 10000 tickets to change your odds one tenth of one percent, I don't care about tons of money, it would be nice to pay off my bills and get a reasonable house and reliable car, but I have no desire to have tons of expensive things, all they end up doing is making you worry about them, I do have a lot of friends who are in bad shape financially that I would love to help, much more enjoyable to do that then to sit and look at stuff, I think it would be a lot of fun to spend most of that money on others, think of all the families and loved ones you could help

O

OFM

i knew a women while at a bus stop played 270 $ worth of tickets she took the money from her $400 in grocery money only had 130$ left to feed her and 4 kids + her husband..... not at all good.

Sep 13, 2012
i knew a women while at a bus stop played 270 $ worth of tickets she took the money from her $400 in grocery money only had 130$ left to feed her and 4 kids + her husband..... not at all good.
agreed, as I said above, if you are going to play spend a dollar and have fun, yours odds of winning are so small that spending hundreds does basically nothing to increase your odds, that 270 she spent did almost nothing to increase her odds over spending a dollar