Mediums and Ministers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

isatai

I appreciate your thoughts but I am not much of a literalist. Jesus as the savior of many I believe, savior of the whole world I do not believe. I guess I do not believe Jesus is the only way by any means although I like Jesus, and Buddha and Krishna.
As for leaving those churches behind I have. I still expose them when I can. This site is far different from the loons in those churches because you let people speak freely. thank you for your time!

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I appreciate your thoughts but I am not much of a literalist. Jesus as the savior of many I believe, savior of the whole world I do not believe. I guess I do not believe Jesus is the only way by any means although I like Jesus, and Buddha and Krishna.
As for leaving those churches behind I have. I still expose them when I can. This site is far different from the loons in those churches because you let people speak freely. thank you for your time!
Well, you're entitled to be wrong.

D

Donkeyfish07

I have seen a priest claim the Holy Spirit guided the scribes and the Bible is free from error. I am sure there are a lot of people who should not be preaching.
Truth is not always the best policy and I don't mean we should lie but perhaps say nothing or something kind to ease pain. Case in point. My brother died at 25 of cancer. while dying church people told my mother to get him Baptised or he would go to hell.
He would not do it. He believed in just a loving God right or wrong. After he died some even told my mother, "Now he is in hell." I watched my mother slide into mental illness and she was in her own hell for twenty years until she finally got to a point she did not even know her family.
That's horrible, horrible.......and one does not have to lie or say nothing to give a person comfort in a situation like that.

God also says

"I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy."

That's his right to do so and his alone. We aren't the ones that decide whether someone is granted mercy by God or not......no matter how we "read the bible".

I

isatai

I do thank you for your comments I am not much of a literalist but in the spirit of things I can agree with some points. I like Jesus but I can't say the same for Paul.
I also like Buddha and Krishna and could never see Jesus come back and harm them in any way or even have a problem. Professor Joseph Cambell in the Power of Myth says when Buddhist Monks and Christian Monks get together there are no problems that the problems come from regular clergy. I agree. your group here seems more open minded and that I am not use to I will admit.
But do I do believe that like spiritualism if the Christians do not do clean there own ranks the problems will always exist. Thank you for your time!

I

isatai

That's horrible, horrible.......and one does not have to lie or say nothing to give a person comfort in a situation like that.

God also says

"I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy."

That's his right to do so and his alone. We aren't the ones that decide whether someone is granted mercy by God or not......no matter how we "read the bible".

That statement is very kind and Christ like I think. My Aunt Mabel was alife long Pentacostal and a very wonderful women. She spoke like that and she knew I did not care for her church that much. Don't get me wrong, I like many Pentacostals that I have met I think I just thrive better is a more quiet enviorment.
If we talked like this in the churches I grew up in we would have been tossed out. Me for herasy and you for giving comfort. It is all a long struggle and far from over yet for anyone. I love my parents and they were good kind Christians and I do worry about the nuts that want to outlaw religion and or harm Christians. In that sense all religions have at least one common goal and that is survive. I think I will read around your site as I see a lot of interesting topics which do interest me as does people thoughts on these matters. thank you for acting like Christians.

K

kenisyes

all religions have at least one common goal and that is survive.
I hope that is not true. Following Jesus should mean that you die to yourself, so that He can live in you. A goal to survive with your own ideas is the opposite.

I

isatai

Perhaps I was not clear. I mean I don't think the Hindus, Jews, Buddhist or others want to loose their right to their freedom of religion any more than a Christian does. I believe America gives us the freedom unless I don't understand freedom.
We can see the way things are, Christians are being cut down in the middle east as if they don't even count and if the radicals could do it here they would.
While we are still here on earth these problems still exist.

D

Donkeyfish07

God also says

That statement is very kind and Christ like I think. My Aunt Mabel was alife long Pentacostal and a very wonderful women. She spoke like that and she knew I did not care for her church that much. Don't get me wrong, I like many Pentacostals that I have met I think I just thrive better is a more quiet enviorment.
If we talked like this in the churches I grew up in we would have been tossed out. Me for herasy and you for giving comfort. It is all a long struggle and far from over yet for anyone. I love my parents and they were good kind Christians and I do worry about the nuts that want to outlaw religion and or harm Christians. In that sense all religions have at least one common goal and that is survive. I think I will read around your site as I see a lot of interesting topics which do interest me as does people thoughts on these matters. thank you for acting like Christians.
The bold part there is partially why I rejected Christianity as a youngster. People telling each other they are going to hell for this and that......getting judged for having the "audacity" to wear jeans to Church......I was just exposed to a lot of that nonsense when I was a kid and it really made me want to have nothing to do with Church all. My parents weren't like that at all but I did go to Church events with other people and that's where I heard most of it.

The underlined part though, I don't agree with that at all. Aside from Muslims attacking each other for belonging to different religious sects......Christianity is really the only religion under heavy assault that I am aware of......it's attacked more so than Satanism is and that in itself is disturbing.

I

isatai

Well you are right, Christians in the middle east are the main targets. But it is also true these same violent radicals HATE the Hindus for some reason. But in general and in America atheist are working hard to get rid of all religion. Again Christians are the first target. I love Christmass scenes but atheist want the manger and baby Jesus to be gone. That really irritates me. But what is frightening is people who slaughter religious people in the name of God. It just seems to be so opposite of a loving God as well as insane!
I remember a story when I was in my twenties by a minister and I knew him well and never knew him to lie. It was about an old women very sick who wanted to be saved. she was told unless she could get out of bed, down to the church and into the baptismal tank she would be lost.
The old women did do that but I found that horrible and that is why I say, some people should never teach.

D

Donkeyfish07

Well you are right, Christians in the middle east are the main targets. But it is also true these same violent radicals HATE the Hindus for some reason. But in general and in America atheist are working hard to get rid of all religion. Again Christians are the first target. I love Christmass scenes but atheist want the manger and baby Jesus to be gone. That really irritates me. But what is frightening is people who slaughter religious people in the name of God. It just seems to be so opposite of a loving God as well as insane!
I remember a story when I was in my twenties by a minister and I knew him well and never knew him to lie. It was about an old women very sick who wanted to be saved. she was told unless she could get out of bed, down to the church and into the baptismal tank she would be lost.
The old women did do that but I found that horrible and that is why I say, some people should never teach.
Nothing to be frightened of if your a Christian. It's a shameful act if your the one committing it but dying for Christ is the highest honor we can receive. Christ already warned us of this a long time ago so it's not really that big of a surprise.

John 16:2

"They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service."

It's going to get a lot worse than it is now unfortunately.

Luke 17:1

"Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!"

I

isatai

Those are all good thoughts. I think of my parents ahd how they could be killed if they were over there and I do really feel for the Christians there, not their spiritual life but what they must endure in life.
The early Christians apparently suffered a lot and people tried to wipe Christianity and look what happened, it spread all over the world.
I think todays problems will only make the church stronger in the end.

I

isatai

Those are all good thoughts. I think of my parents and how they could be killed if they were over there and I do really feel for the Christians there, not their spiritual life but what they must endure in life.
The early Christians apparently suffered a lot and people tried to wipe Christianity and look what happened, it spread all over the world.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Those are all good thoughts. I think of my parents ahd how they could be killed if they were over there and I do really feel for the Christians there, not their spiritual life but what they must endure in life.
I found that the true Christians give up what is only temporary here on earth for what they see they need in the long run, which is life everlasting in God's Spirit by the resurrected Christ. For this what he came to do was give us life in God's Spirit as he so well showed this life, that he followed Father, and did what and said whatever Father said. We today have this through believe in Christ's finished work for us.
So we love as God does, it is God's love that is spread abroad in our new heart transplant of LOVE God's type best described in 1 Cor. 13:4-13
I appreciate your honesty, thank you. To me you are showing the true signs that accompany belief in God.

I

isatai

I also appreciate your honesty. Mine has got me in to trouble at times. I might think a bit different but I do believe in God, I believe in the right to believe in God
and I have expeienced God in my life.
I love it when people tell me about their spiritual beliefs. It is a free education. God is explained in different ways and one is simply light and that is the form that I have experienced the bliss of a loving God.
I am also wonderfully pleased with the freedom of expression on this site. I experience people all the time who laugh in my face at the idea that I believe in God because I am considered a bit of a skeptic, but I am no skeptic about God, not at all.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
I also appreciate your honesty. Mine has got me in to trouble at times. I might think a bit different but I do believe in God, I believe in the right to believe in God
and I have expeienced God in my life.
I love it when people tell me about their spiritual beliefs. It is a free education. God is explained in different ways and one is simply light and that is the form that I have experienced the bliss of a loving God.
I am also wonderfully pleased with the freedom of expression on this site. I experience people all the time who laugh in my face at the idea that I believe in God because I am considered a bit of a skeptic, but I am no skeptic about God, not at all.
I perceived that from your[posts, and here that in my Spirit from God.
A light unto one's path yes, I concur.
Was lost in the dark in the woods about a mile or two from a cabin that I was suppose to meet all the others at after I put out the campfire. I did this and learned I had no flashlight, so in the dark I started on the trail back to the cabin, my foot went into a hole, I went down, put my hands together to pray.
T he next thing that I knew I was standing close to the cabin, seeing the lights from the cabin, as I watched my hands that were erect in front of me dropping to my sides, and I came to myself, thus ran to the cabin praising God and apologizing to all that I had ever harmed in jest as I did a lot at age 12, to look good in front of others.
I have not ever forgotten that experience with God, and not sure I ever will, don't think so.
Anyway many more tragedies and miracles, happened, and today even the tragedies I am thankful for, as I see you are too!!1
If it weren't for the tragedies, I would not know to stand strong for God and God alone.
I remember when Jesus told Peter that Satan wishes to sift Peter like Wheat, but I (Jesus said) pray for thy Faith and when thou return, you shall strengthen the Brethren. Now I think this to all, each individually personally from God to me and all ]who believe.
Thanks

I

isatai

Thank you for sharing that story.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing that story.
Thank you, there are many more of suppose to have died many times over after, and many deaths in immediate family as well starting Sister at age 14, her at 18 on an overdose, then me Dad at 17 and then me brother at 21.
Now 56,and have not given up, knowing God is real, beyond any shadow of a doubt, as I perceive this in you too!
I have a blogger that started a little over a year ago, if interested it is www.godjustloveyou.blogspot.com
Homwardbound

I

isatai

Well thank you much I will find your blogg. I will be 69 in August and my brothers, sister grandpaents and more are all gone now. I think of questions I shoild have asked but did not have a clue while they were here.
Again, thank you, Norm

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
Well thank you much I will find your blogg. I will be 69 in August and my brothers, sister grandpaents and more are all gone now. I think of questions I shoild have asked but did not have a clue while they were here.
Again, thank you, Norm
Thank you back, it is great to have fellowship with no condemnation added, just loving each other for who we are as God I believe does