Men - How do you prefer to be called?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Men - how would you like to be called?

• Total voters
Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

I will have to put my choice under the Other(please specify) category. How do I like to be called? Not at all.

Don't call me sir because I haven't earned it.

Don't call me Jon because we ain't on a first-name-basis.

Don't call me bro because I ain't your bro.

Don't call me dude because that is a stupid thing to call someone.

Don't call me mister because it's too formal.

Don't call me "brother" because...I am NOT your brother.

Just don't call me.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
My actual name and no nickname in less i say its okay. If I earned a title like Dr or something then thats okay too

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
I prefer not to be called anything ever. For any reason. Ever. No matter what. No matter where. Or who. Or who I'm with. Or where I'm going. Or where I've been. Ever. For any reason whatsoever.

But I really don't care. As long as it's not bro... I immediately cut off all conversation with anyone that constantly uses the term "bro". Just stop. lol

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
I prefer not to be called anything ever. For any reason. Ever. No matter what. No matter where. Or who. Or who I'm with. Or where I'm going. Or where I've been. Ever. For any reason whatsoever.

But I really don't care. As long as it's not bro... I immediately cut off all conversation with anyone that constantly uses the term "bro". Just stop. lol

T

Tintin

Between Ro and I, I'm the lesser of two weevils. I think my Master and Commander, Russell Crowe coined that phrase. ;)

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
Between Ro and I, I'm the lesser of two weevils. I think my Master and Commander, Russell Crowe coined that phrase. ;)
You are taller than me, Christian. There is no way you are getting away with that tag. ;)

A

Amazing-Grace

I will have to put my choice under the Other(please specify) category. How do I like to be called? Not at all.

Don't call me sir because I haven't earned it.

Don't call me Jon because we ain't on a first-name-basis.

Don't call me bro because I ain't your bro.

Don't call me dude because that is a stupid thing to call someone.

Don't call me mister because it's too formal.

Don't call me "brother" because...I am NOT your brother.

Just don't call me.
LOL that doesn't leave a whole lot of options.

Why don't men like being called "bro"? It doesn't claim kinship except in a Biblical way.

T

Tintin

LOL that doesn't leave a whole lot of options.

Why don't men like being called "bro"? It doesn't claim kinship except in a Biblical way.
He doesn't like being called 'bro' or 'brother', but most men don't have an issue with it. And yes, as Christians we're all brothers and sisters anyway.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

"Bro" is what gym-rats and roid heads call each other. "Hey, bro", "Check it out, bro". I intensely dislike the sound of it.

"Brother" is a term of kinship, and I feel absolutely no kinship with anyone other than my immediate family, and as my parents had enough good sense to ensure they would not have another child like me, I have no brothers.

I realize most men have no issues with either of the terms, but I am not like other men. I have an X and a Y chromosome, but that is about the only thing I have in common with what passes for a "man" in this modern age.

T

Tintin

"Bro" is what gym-rats and roid heads call each other. "Hey, bro", "Check it out, bro". I intensely dislike the sound of it.

"Brother" is a term of kinship, and I feel absolutely no kinship with anyone other than my immediate family, and as my parents had enough good sense to ensure they would not have another child like me, I have no brothers.

I realize most men have no issues with either of the terms, but I am not like other men. I have an X and a Y chromosome, but that is about the only thing I have in common with what passes for a "man" in this modern age.
I only call my biological brothers 'bro' or 'brother' and my close Christian friends. Otherwise, it's mate or their name.

U

Ultimatum77

I prefer overlord.....personally :rolleyes:

I really don't care as long as I have that person's respect....nothing worse than hearing me be called "hey yo dawg" wth? I am not your dog you filthy troglodyte! (side note I think troglodyte is an awesome word for a caveman) :D

Roh_Chris

Jun 15, 2014
I prefer overlord.....personally :rolleyes:

I really don't care as long as I have that person's respect....nothing worse than hearing me be called "hey yo dawg" wth? I am not your dog you filthy troglodyte! (side note I think troglodyte is an awesome word for a caveman) :D
Troglodyte is too fancy to be an insult! :rolleyes:

U

Ultimatum77

Troglodyte is too fancy to be an insult! :rolleyes:
Lol, It was in a cartoon I was watching where the character was going a whole day speaking in olde english/shakespeare type speaking lol......I truthfully had to look up what the heck a troglodyte meant...but it just sounds so cool.....you could insult and at the same time wow someone with that crazy word lol ;) It's a two edged word yo!

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011

So you would say this is accurate

capture06.JPG Capture07.JPG

T

Tintin

Lol, It was in a cartoon I was watching where the character was going a whole day speaking in olde english/shakespeare type speaking lol......I truthfully had to look up what the heck a troglodyte meant...but it just sounds so cool.....you could insult and at the same time wow someone with that crazy word lol ;) It's a two edged word yo!
Captain Haddock (Tintin's friend in The Adventures of Tintin) is well-known for calling people troglodytes. :) And the comics were made into a cartoon series. But there's no ye old English/Shakespearean language. Thank God!