Michigan Opens Door to Muslim Immigration

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
As an aside, why was Tribesman banned? The guy was here frequently over a period of years, and he was suddenly... iced? What in the world was that all about?

And how would you know the attributes of his participation level across multiple years, since you've only been a member for 5 months.... unless you have multiple accounts?

Just so happens that is against site policy, and merits a perma-ban.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Am I the only evangelical in all of CC?

Why do we not take every opportunity to share the gospel with atheist and Muslims who come into CC, and present a captive audience for the gospel?

I cannot understand why people are not sharing the good news with the lost and unsaved who are in this forum, and we have an open door to share that Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through Jesus??

Instead of bashing people, religions and groups, why are we not finding commonalities, sharing our testimonies, and contending for the faith??

"And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.[SUP]19 [/SUP]Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, [SUP]20 [/SUP]teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matt 28:18-20

I have a Christian friend who was taught that the above passage was only meant for Jesus' direct disciples in that geographical location. This kind of contradicts Acts.

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will bemy witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8

The muslim world is part of "all the world." That includes Michigan, if I am not mistaken.

So why am I the only one, in post after post trying to convince people that our job is not to attack and jab, but rather to share the gospel of Jesus, died, resurrected and coming again, as King, Saviour, Lord and God??

B

biscuit

Am I the only evangelical in all of CC?

Why do we not take every opportunity to share the gospel with atheist and Muslims who come into CC, and present a captive audience for the gospel?

I cannot understand why people are not sharing the good news with the lost and unsaved who are in this forum, and we have an open door to share that Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through Jesus??

Instead of bashing people, religions and groups, why are we not finding commonalities, sharing our testimonies, and contending for the faith??

"And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.[SUP]19 [/SUP]Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,[SUP]20 [/SUP]teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matt 28:18-20

I have a Christian friend who was taught that the above passage was only meant for Jesus' direct disciples in that geographical location. This kind of contradicts Acts.

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will bemy witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Acts 1:8

The muslim world is part of "all the world." That includes Michigan, if I am not mistaken.

So why am I the only one, in post after post trying to convince people that our job is not to attack and jab, but rather to share the gospel of Jesus, died, resurrected and coming again, as King, Saviour, Lord and God??
Many atheists & Muslims have their staunch beliefs & religious doctrines that usually can render a friendly conversation useless very quickly. If they don't believe in Jesus Christ, then it is best to move on and avoid an argument or confrontation.

Nevertheless, many Christians have been accused of trying to shove their religion down the throat of the non-believers. We can try to share our faith with others and if they aren't interested ... then we can ask why and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Many atheists & Muslims have their staunch beliefs & religious doctrines that usually can render a friendly conversation useless very quickly. If they don't believe in Jesus Christ, then it is best to move on and avoid an argument or confrontation.

Nevertheless, many Christians have been accused of trying to shove their religion down the throat of the non-believers. We can try to share our faith with others and if they aren't interested ... then we can ask why and move on.
Biscuit, our job is to be on mission with Jesus in spreading the gospel. This is OUR turf, so we can share all we want. We might have to act differently in real life, but this is the God ordained opportunity of a life time, to share Christ, instead of condemning and judging.

And yes, they have some very staunch beliefs. But nothing the Holy Spirit can't convict. I'll say this again. I had a professor of World Religions in Seminary. He was a missionary to Indonesia, and won many Muslims and tribal headhunters to the Lord. He said it was always dreams. God opens the door with dreams. But only after sharing the gospel.

I have read countless books and posts that say Muslims can be won to Christ, including Imams, if we are bold in sharing our testimony, and the gospel. Hmm, maybe I need to share my testimony, so any Muslims, atheists, Hindus etc, etc, will hear and be amazed at the transforming power of the gospel, through Jesus Christ!

And why wouldn't I want to share the gospel when it is the power of God to salvation?

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." Romans 1:18

And not just the Jew and the Greek, but the Muslim, the Hindu, the Buddhist and every other belief or non-belief!

PS. I have a secret group on FB. I have every religion but a Hindu in the group. I witness on my main page, share scriptures. It is amazing that even the Muslim is starting to like my posts. Even more amazing is that agnostic new agers are also liking my posts about God, and I have led some of those to Christ. I don't even have the gift of evangelism (I have a friend like that, and she leads people to Christ every week!). As for me, I just walk through those open doors when God opens them.

"for a wide door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many adversaries." 1 Cor. 16:9

"Now when I came to Troas for the gospel of Christ and when a door was opened for me in the Lord," 2 Cor. 2:12