moderating the mic

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
In this one chat room i used to hang out in, the mic was moderated. IF there wasnt a mod in the room.. we would assign one.. When you want the mic, you post a T. When it your turn to talk, you get the mic for 2 minutes, then whoever is next in line gets the mic. I worked out pretty well, because it kept people from hogging the mic. A few night ago in the Bible study room some girl wanted the mic and nobody would give her a chance to talk

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
RoboOp is currently working on possibly adding a timer onto our mic application. The time limit is likely to be 2 minutes because we have been having similar problems. It will be automatic and have a warning bell sound when your time is almost up.

Oct 31, 2009
That would be sad.. no more worship sessions then... :(

ty

Banned
Feb 11, 2010
MAX,if everyone there is listenineg to him/her worship they will let him/her have the mic again

AlaynaJ

Staff member
Dec 15, 1999
He will only have it in certain rooms, Max, so in Yousing it will not have the time limit, and as far as I've heard, it will be disabled in Bible Study during the nightly studies lead by Robo, Stilly or Trilogic.